self-proclaimed gluten intolerent
5 7%
i eat gluten
45 63%
I'm a ballchinian
19 26%
Voters: 72.
Page 1 of 2
So, it seems to me, one in 10 people now claim to be gluten intolerant. Anybody else notice this fad?

Don't get me wrong, there are people who are legitimately intolerant to gluten due to celiac disease.

How many friends of yours have become "gluten-free"?

I have one friend who is legitimately intolerant and has been doctor-diagnosed, she gets severe reactions if she eats gluten. Then I have about 4 who are "gluten-free" but still eat cookies, bread, drink beer, pretty hilarious imo.

ITT: discuss gluten intolerence
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
my roommate eats a lot of gluten free foods, but it's not really because he has an intolerance to it, it's just healthier. i rarely eat gluten free foods, but i don't really mind them. food is food.
I know a girl who is really gluten intolerant, and it's a pretty serious thing. I'm glad stores have gluten-free food these days so that people with the intolerance aren't limited as severely anymore, but, like with everything these days, there are people who will claim to be anything just to be "special". It's like people who go around ordering "lactose free" everything. People with real allergies and intolerance sicknesses don't feel "special" for having to watch what they eat all the time.
I've never even heard of this.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Yeah my dad's had celiac for years before the whole gluten-free thing picked up popularity. Felt really bad for him, but now it's much easier I guess. It's kinda annoying when people do it just to do it, like it's the popular healthy thing to do, but on the other hand it's that mentality that has allowed my dad to have a much easier time getting food he enjoys.

I really hope I don't get it down the line though. They haven't made too many tasty advances in the field of gluten free beer.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I am intolerant of those who are intolerant of those intolerant to gluten
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
My dad had it for a while, but it must have been some sort of stress thing, because it got better. Mind you, it meant that the whole time we lived in France we couldn't really eat pastry or bread. But it sucked.
Yeah, it's some bullshit. My mom claims to be gluten intolerant because she doesn't like eating bread.

When I was working fast food we would have tons of people coming in saying they had a "gluten allergy" so they couldn't have their food touch the buns. Like seriously probably ten or fifteen people a day.
I know some people who magically gained gluten intolerance recently. Though one of them is a girl who claims she has a new disorder about once a month. She was trying to tell us that she had Pica because she likes to eat ice.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
A bunch of people in my family have celiac disease. I guess it runs in the family.

It's fun to taunt them with good food.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 5, 2013,
I confess, I lie about being gluten intolerant. It's usually the first thing I tell people when I meet someone and they're always very sympathetic, which is what my lifeforce thrives upon. My favorite shirt with the important message of "Say No To Gluten" is a lie, along with my life.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by WCPhils
A bunch of people in my family have celiac disease. I guess it runs in the family.

It's fun to taunt them with good food.

I know a guy who's roommate has Celiac and every couple of weeks he brings home a meatball sub and eats it in from of him. That's so evil.
My mom is doctor diagnosed gluten intolerant. I've noticed that its fashionable to be gluten free these days. Is being gluten free healthier than having gluten?
although people who may falsely claim to be intolerant would trivialize the plight of those who genuinely are, the fact that gluten free food is just about everywhere nowadays is pretty cool.

i'm lactose intolerant. it's really easy, actually.

i don't really care who claims to be intolerant. i can't dispute it so assuming that they aren't actually afflicted would make me a fucking asshole.

the whole health food and nutrition stuff is stupid bull, so i usually ignore anyone who talks about food. bores me.
gluten and lactose both give me painful diarrhea, and I'm ok with it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Gluten allergy is the new ADHD/Autism.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'll admit I can be a bit of a hypochondriac and I'll gladly say I'm self-diagnosed OCD and carpal tunnel but I couldn't care less about gluten free products.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
My friend's girlfriend has a legitimate gluten allergy, as well as an allergy to many other things. He's basically a chef, though, so they work around it fine.

I, myself, am not a self- or doctor-diagnosed anything.

Come to think of it, besides a mild case of acid reflux, I don't have any allergies, ailments, or intolerances.

Besides racial intolerance ofc.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Jan 5, 2013,
It's a fad diet. Nobody will remember it in a few years.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I don't even know which foods have gluten and which are gluten free. So safe to say I am not gluten intolerant!
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
With a name like breadstick, that's probably a good thing.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Both my mom and sister are gluten intolerant. No celiac or anything serious, just difficulties with it.

They also both have lots of gastro problems, though. We all thought I did, too, but it turned out to just be appendicitis.

I personally love gluten. Pure gluten is actually pretty good. You know, seitan? I had some vegan tacos at a vegetarian restaurant once that had some seitan in it, and that shit was awesome. I was really surprised the vegan sour cream didn't suck, too. Like, it was actually pretty good.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jan 5, 2013,
Quote by element4433
It's a fad diet. Nobody will remember it in a few years.

Everyone will forget about their celiac disease?
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I can eat anything.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by TunerAddict

their heads are so far up their asses that their thoughts are able to inhibit the digestion of gluten.
Quote by Dregen
my roommate eats a lot of gluten free foods, but it's not really because he has an intolerance to it, it's just healthier. i rarely eat gluten free foods, but i don't really mind them. food is food.

Actually, what's really healthier isn't reducing gluten (though it helps some). What's really healthier is actually eating less fatty foods, like beer, candy, pastries, etc. Also, eating too much sugar. Eating less fatty food will make you healthy. So, why not try that instead?

Quote by TunerAddict

What he means is (and I'm quite sure you knew it) that all the "I eat gluten free because it's healthy" folks will disappear. Unfortunately, another fad diet will replace it.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 5, 2013,
My roommate is gluten intolerant, but as a result his mom makes us some bombass gluten-free cookies.

So is my sisters' best friend.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Actually, what's really healthier isn't reducing gluten (though it helps some). What's really healthier is actually eating less fatty foods, like beer, candy, pastries, etc. Also, eating too much sugar. Eating less fatty food will make you healthy. So, why not try that instead?

What he means is (and I'm quite sure you knew it) that all the "I eat gluten free because it's healthy" folks will disappear. Unfortunately, another fad diet will replace it.

Beer is fatty, now?
Quote by Butt Rayge
Beer is fatty, now?

Yes...drinking large quantities of beer is.

1 can of beer (356ml) contains:
Calories :153
Fat(g): 0
Carbohydrates(g): 12.64
Fibers(g): 0
Protein(g): 1.64
Cholesterol(mg): 0

Now, multiply that times drinking a case or two (18-24 beers), which is what a lot of people around here consume when they want to get drunk. Granted, it's usually a group of 3-4 people, but still...all that beer does add calories, especially if you drink (for example) every weekend. University students in the US are terrible about this. There's kids who go to college skinny as a rail and come home fat after the first semester or two. Part of it is because they consume large amounts of beer.

Edit:
And, by the way, certain varieties (such as stout or other "heavy" beers) have even more calories.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
fatty foods, like beer,

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Fat(g): 0

wat
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
wat

You do know that calories contribute to weight gain, correct? Yes, there's actually zero fat proteins in beer, but there's plenty of calories. So, stop acting dense.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You do know that calories contribute to weight gain, correct? Yes, there's actually zero fat proteins in beer, but there's plenty of calories. So, stop acting dense.

Then say caloric foods.

When you say fatty foods it literally means foods with fat content, rather than foods that make you fat like you were using it. I'm sure that's Butt Rayge's issue as well.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by palm mute
Then say caloric foods.

When you say fatty foods it literally means foods with fat content, rather than foods that make you fat like you were using it. I'm sure that's Butt Rayge's issue as well.

Ok, fair enough. My bad.

Edit:
I guess I assumed that, when I say "fatty foods", you all knew I mean foods that contribute to weight gain (assuming one doesn't exercise). I apologize; it's sort of a common phrase (read: misnomer) around here.
I definitely wouldn't drink copious amounts of beer like I do if it had even a trace of fat in it. That would be pretty gross.
(lol irony)

And beer isn't really the issue. Infact any caloric drink is just as bad if not worse because in general liquids don't make you feel as full as solids and most people don't think of them as calories going in. Leading to higher calorie intake. Replace it with Dr. Pepper and you'd probably be healthier drinking the beer.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Irony?

Beer is actually pretty good for you. Hydrates you better than water. Up to a point...
Page 1 of 2