Fouks
277 IQ
Hey. I have a Jacksson slsxmg tuned down to Drop C. Everything sounds fine except for the F string which seems to lack tone, unlike the other strings it doesnt seems to ring out as much.

I bought the guitar approximately 5-6 months ago and had it set up by some guy at the shop. I have tried to higher the strings myself with no success, also i have checked the intonation, it's not perfect but not that bad either.

I have no idea what it could be, i believe i did experience this with my last guitar also, which was a Fender strat standard tuned. Any thoughts?
Daveyy666
98 IQ
When did you last change the strings?
Gear:
Epiphone SG Emily The Strange
Peavey Vypyr 75 with modded bat wing
Peavey Sanpera I
Ibanez AF-AF55
Fouks
277 IQ
What does it mean by being wounded?

Havent changed them since i bought it, i'm going to buy new strings as soon as possible.
rockstar256
Tab Contributor
2,459 IQ
Quote by Fouks
What does it mean by being wounded?

Havent changed them since i bought it, i'm going to buy new strings as soon as possible.

Dude how long have u been playing old streengz? I change every month or every 3 months.
Fouks
277 IQ
As i said, i havent changed them since i bought the guitar. I bought the guitar in September, that would be 5 months.
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Change the strings. Seriously. That would be why any of them sound dull; because they're covered in shit.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
mikemedex
10 IQ
Hi ive recently bought a 12 string. Its the cheapest of the crap. It was bought so i could try 1 with out breaking the bank. Straight away i changed the string. I used martin extra lite strings. Im tuned a whole step down to D. My strings dont sound right so i got a new nut a saddle. Bone blanks and calved my own and it still sounds the same the normal atrings sound fine its the octaves. Mainly the A string any sujestions?
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Quote by mikemedex
Hi ive recently bought a 12 string. Its the cheapest of the crap. It was bought so i could try 1 with out breaking the bank. Straight away i changed the string. I used martin extra lite strings. Im tuned a whole step down to D. My strings dont sound right so i got a new nut a saddle. Bone blanks and calved my own and it still sounds the same the normal atrings sound fine its the octaves. Mainly the A string any sujestions?

Don't buy cheap instruments? Seriously, I don't know what you expect anyone to say, of course it's not going to sound good if it's a cheap acoustic.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.