Poll: What's your favorite genre of music?
Poll Options
View poll results: What's your favorite genre of music?
Classic Rock/ Pop
11 6%
Acoustic/ Singer-Songwriter/ Folk
8 4%
Electronic Dance / Pop
5 3%
80's rock/ pop/ shred/ "hair" metal
6 3%
Indie/ Emo/ Grunge/ Alternative
35 18%
Punk/ Hardcore/ Screamo/ the other type of Emo... you know what I mean
13 7%
Metal
58 30%
Pop Punk
4 2%
Hip Hop/ Rap
10 5%
Other
43 22%
Voters: 193.
Page 2 of 5
Quote by blake1221
Post rocky screamo is good, don't get me wrong. That's what my band plays.

But saying that it's the only "true skramz" is butteating retarded.

Which is why I said in my opinion.
Quote by blake1221

This is ignorant as f considering Kinsella was in both and how similar they sound.

Cap'n Jazz was way more aggressive than American Football haha. I mean, that's like saying Dallas Green was in both AOF and C&C and they sound similar... which is true to some extent, but those bands came out with very different types of music.

But eh, I was just seeing if I could separate "softer" emo and more "aggressive" emo.

I should've probably put prog somewhere considering that many electric guitarists/ bassists and drummers jizz over the genre. Maybe I should've replaced pop punk, it's getting as dead as disco anyways :|
Quote by AxeToFall
Dude, you're like 14, you're just following trends.

Regardless of his age or trend hopping, Comadre's awesome.
well my favourite bands are Alice in Chains and Soundgarden so I voted grunge, but feel a little dirty since indie and emo we're in that category as wel;
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by AxeToFall
Dude, you're like 14, you're just following trends.

A.) I'm not "just following trends"
B.) Age has nothing to do with anything
C.) By saying I'm just following trends, you're trying to discredit my opinion and attack me ad hominem without giving a valid reason of why you think my opinion is wrong, which only serves to make you look stupid.

you didn't stop me this time, blake
you're a stone fox
mostly Cerebral Polka Brutalism and Aleatoric K-Pop Prog these days

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by whywefight
It's true

-3/10

You're getting lower
you're a stone fox
Quote by whywefight
It's so cute that you have to attack others to make yourself feel better.

-4/10

you're a stone fox
Quote by whywefight
I'm just silently appreciating how no one has voted in the butt rock category yet. I don't care how musically intolerant that makes me sound.

I thought butt rock was post-rock D:

which I didn't bother placing because I hope post-rock just disappears already
Quote by blake1221
What?

In whatever thread we were talking about the Hobbit in, you said something I was hoping the other side of the argument would say, and it ruined my chance to show off my knowledge of informal logical fallacies and win the argument
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
A.) I'm not "just following trends"
B.) Age has nothing to do with anything
C.) By saying I'm just following trends, you're trying to discredit my opinion and attack me ad hominem without giving a valid reason of why you think my opinion is wrong, which only serves to make you look stupid.

you didn't stop me this time, blake

When you grow up, you will see you listened to shit when you were 14.

Take some more E for your undeveloped mind.
Quote by AxeToFall

There he goes with that ad hominem shit again. Defying logic and shit. What a winner.
you're a stone fox
It depends on my mood so I can't pick one from that list, but I can exclude metal, shred, screamo/emo/etc.

Quote by willT08
Is EDM not a genre?

no its just beep boop robot farts
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Fat Lard
My name can actually be traced back to as early as the 1990s, it means "fuck off data miner"
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Jan 7, 2013,
Quote by neidnarb11890
you guys do not pick on Saint78 he is just trying to compensate for being an Okie hick.

too far ):
you're a stone fox
What happened to blues. funk and jazz? Does no one listen to blues, funk and jazz?
Not wanting to vote 'Other' because come on, who does that, had to default to Hip Hop/Rap. Also I don't understand why there's 'electronic pop' but no 'acoustic pop'. I'm fairly sure people make pop on physical instruments still. I'd be fairly surprised if they didn't.

EDIT: ^^^ No mate, not really. Some people do so that they can say they do, but no-one really does.
Quote by whywefight
Oh, the hypocrisy.

You people need to realize that I do stuff like that on purpose. I contradict myself on purpose all the time. It's my thing, but people just take it seriously and think I'm stupid or smthn ):
you're a stone fox
Quote by AxeToFall

For the most part I agree with this. A ton of people listen to different stuff when they're 18 compared to 14. Hell, now I listen to different shit from when I was 18, well sorta.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I listen to a lot of blues. Robert Johnson, Son House, Muddy Waters, Otis Spam, Howlin' Wolf, Albert King, Big Joe Turner, a bunch of blind guys, Buddy Guy, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Willie Dixon etc.

So you're wrong Will
Quote by whywefight
It's called being 14.

When i was 14, I totally kicked ass. I discovered sweet words like ad hominem and listened to trendy shit.

We all did
Last edited by AxeToFall at Jan 7, 2013,
Quote by Saint78
You people need to realize that I do stuff like that on purpose. I contradict myself on purpose all the time. It's my thing, but people just take it seriously and think I'm stupid or smthn ):

It's called being 14.

When i was 14, I totally kicked ass. I discovered sweet words like ad hominem and listened to trendy shit.

For the record, Comadre kicks ass
Quote by JimmyCraig
I listen to a lot of blues. Robert Johnson, Son House, Muddy Waters, Otis Spam, Howlin' Wolf, Albert King, Big Joe Turner, a bunch of blind guys, Buddy Guy, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Willie Dixon etc.

So you're wrong Will

If you think 'you' is equatable to 'people' then you might have some mad ego issues.

EDIT: Why you'd piss away time on any of those guys besides Robert Johnson is also beyond me. Maybe a little bit of Muddy if you absolutely must.
Last edited by willT08 at Jan 7, 2013,
Metal is most voted in the poll, yet we have no representation in the actual thread so I'll be the first. METAL!!

But also instrumental guitar stuff, rock, classical, some jazz.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by willT08
If you think 'you' is equatable to 'people' then you might have some mad ego issues.

You said no one did, not really so was just proving that someone does. I can't be the only one....can I?
Quote by AxeToFall

he has better taste than you betch.
Quote by whywefight
It's called being 14.

For the record, Comadre kicks ass

I don't even really listen to trendy shit. The only really trendy thing I listen to is Death Grips.

And I'm 15 ):
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!! DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!! love and waffles, *~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

^This is what you sound like.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by JimmyCraig
You said no one did, not really so was just proving that someone does. I can't be the only one....can I?

This is the point, you really are. And if it drags everyone down to such depths of internet pedantry I can see why.

inb4 "I like Jazz, Bitches Brew is my favourite album Will" from some pleb.

EDIT: ^^^Not really, at all. Not really understanding the Saint hate. He has impeccable taste in Hip Hop.
Quote by due 07
he has better taste than you betch.

Dude, you look like a female, your opinion doesn't matter.