Offworld92
One among the fence.
7,563 IQ
Right now I'm using a Dunlop "Extra Heavy Drop" set. It's 60-80-100-120. I play in C Standard on a regular 34" scale bass (Ibanez SR300F).

My problem is that the top 3 strings feel too tight, and the bottom string feels too loose. I would like to try something like 50-70-90-130, but I can't find any sets like that. Is there anything like that or close to that?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Not that I am aware of. A .130 is typical for a low "B" string on a five or six-string bass. A jump from .90 to .130 might make for an odd-feeling bass. That's essentially an entire .40 "G" string increase from your "A" string to your "E" string.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
moody git
i probably won't commit
360 IQ
naked strings allow you to choose individual string gauges, but i have no idea what the strings are like.

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/c/543/strings/bass-guitar-strings-sets/
try using the seach feature on the left to narrow your preferences down and see if a company already makes the strings you're after

EDIT 2: i read the thread wrong. disregard above information.
if it was useful, i still deserve credit though, right?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Jan 7, 2013,
dark Mass
ZORK
523 IQ
DR's DDT comes in .55-.125 set and they are roundcore.

EDIT:
http://www.drstrings.com/#!Signature & Specialty/c154n
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jan 7, 2013,