Jacques-Henri
55 IQ
Considering the price and the fact that SXes are China-made, I'd say it's a no-go. At the same time, for that price, why the fuck not?
Alucard817
1,443 IQ
There are millions of threads and posts about SX on here.

That thing is just hideously ugly.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
nightowl2011
311 IQ
Searched and didn't see anything about SX.

Jazzmasters and Explorers were ugly to they became popular
Last edited by nightowl2011 at Jan 7, 2013,
Sabin89
UG's Resident Chicagoan
54 IQ
I owned a SX-Deimos a year or two back (in the blueburst). It honestly wasn't that bad. So long as you don't go into the purchase thinking it'll be identical to a $1,000 axe, I think it's worth it. Worst comes to worst, make it a project guitar and put some mods into it.
Gear:
Dean VMNT Angel of Deth
Jackson RRXT Trans Black
Marshall AVT50 w/Crate 4x12 Cabinet
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Dunlop Crybaby Wah (In White)
MXR M103 Blue Box
DigiTech DigiDelay
Dunlop Tortex .88s
Enix165
He's such a psycho!~
785 IQ
Quote by Sabin89
I owned a SX-Deimos a year or two back (in the blueburst). It honestly wasn't that bad. So long as you don't go into the purchase thinking it'll be identical to a $1,000 axe, I think it's worth it. Worst comes to worst, make it a project guitar and put some mods into it.

I'd second this. I always figured SXes were pieces of crap because of how cheap they were, but the singer in another band I played a show with plays an SX of some sort(looks sorta like a PRS, bird inlays and all, a presumably fake flame top and natural finish) and that thing honestly ripped! He loves it, too, so I can only assume they're not THAT bad. Like Sabin said, if it doesn't work out just use it as a project guitar! If you're still skeptical check out Eastwood Guitars, they make some similarly crazy retro shapes.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
romeozdistress
2,680 IQ
they are great guitars for the money. but id try something with no trem. a douglas spad would be much better at $170. look into it.
Ibanez VBT700
Randall Diavlo RD5H
Peavey Vypyr 112 (WGS Veteran 30)
Boss SD1
Zoom G1on

Squier Chris Aiken Precision Bass (EMG GZR)
Ampeg 108B