i don't play an instrument i lost both my hands in iraq why are you so insensitive
Quote by theogonia777
Hail killed MT

Quote by jongtr
I want to be Hail when I grow up.
The few times I'll play/have played, I play for the overall mutually beneficial experience. So all of the above.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
i'm going to venture that most people write songs for themselves, but play it live for everyone including themselves.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
When I practice, I play for myself. When I preform at gig, I play for audience. And I don't give a damn about other musicians, they gotta know their stuff.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
All my fans.

(that would be myself and no one else )
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I lost both of Hail's hands in Iraq. Feelsbadman

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Hail
i don't play an instrument i lost both my hands in iraq why are you so insensitive

Same. But that was way back.... back in 'Nam.
When it comes down to it, I really play for myself. However, I always want to be improving so I can have something solid to present to other people.

Music is a form of communication. Your musical ideas are a part of you. Everyone has different influences and limitations, so sharing your own interpretation of music, whether people like it or not, is an important part of being a musician.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Jan 7, 2013,
Quote by griffRG7321
Playing for yourself is so selfish.

Damn me for being selfish. I should set up my halfstack outside around 10 after I'm good and warmed up. I bet they'll appreciate all the pinch harmonics and thrashy riffs.
I found those fans I play for.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I try to play for the audience mainly.
It's very much a give and take relationship - I feed off their energy, which gives me something to give back to them.
When people are on the dance floor getting down to whatever we're playing I get a good buzz and all I want to do is keep them there.

I think it varies depending on the type of gig you're playing though.