Hello,

I have the chance to buy an Epiphone Custom Ebony Bigsby...
It's a very beautiful guitar but I don't know much about it.
I'm told it is quite rare and more worth than a normal epiphone custom.
Is this true? and if so is it only because of the Bigsby or is there something else going on here?
Is the hardware/woods/electronics different from a normal Epiphone Custom?
The guitar is from 2007 and everything is original on it.

Thanks a lot !
Last edited by hyperliteBo at Jan 7, 2013,
I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as a regular Epi Custom except for the Bigsby.

It's probably worth a bit more than a normal Epi Custom but I wouldn't go paying a bunch extra for one and I certainly wouldn't even consider it unless you have to have a Bigsby. Epi Customs go fairly cheap anyway. 400-450 is what I'd expect on one of these. If they need 500 I'd pass.
To be honest an epiphone (usually) won't be worth much unless it's pre-gibson. You shouldn't take rarity and "limited edition" into account when buying a guitar. Obviously not in all circumstances though. If you like the feel, sound and playability of the guitar, buy it.
I just really like it for its looks, I have a Gibson LP I'm using in my band.
I played an Epiphone Black Beauty that belongs to a friend of mine, actually really liked it
And I would be paying 400 for it... good price?
Assuming dollars. In the UK, for a second hand epi lp you're looking at around £200 maybe up to £300 for a custom.

Try knock it down as far as he'll go. No harm in trying.

Also, what kind of bigsby? A B7 or B700?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Assuming dollars. In the UK, for a second hand epi lp you're looking at around £200 maybe up to £300 for a custom.

Try knock it down as far as he'll go. No harm in trying.

Also, what kind of bigsby? A B7 or B700?

Honestly I do not know, is there a way to see that?
And actually I am paying 350 for it + some preamptubes I dont need anymore I had laying around to get him over the edge (tubes are tops 50 euro new.
350euro is 280 pound.
The guitar is in quite a mint condition.
Quote by hyperliteBo
Honestly I do not know, is there a way to see that?
And actually I am paying 350 for it + some preamptubes I dont need anymore I had laying around to get him over the edge (tubes are tops 50 euro new.
350euro is 280 pound.
The guitar is in quite a mint condition.

Sounds reasonable. A B700 is the cheaper version of a B7 if I remember rightly.
That is some fast information!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

I don't know where in Europe you are, but in Belgium, 350 and some tubes would be a nice price for a custom with a bigsby.
I paid $300 Australian for my epi LP Custom, but it doesnt have a bigsby, although it does have the hardcase and is mint. Im guessing thats about 200 pounds or thereabouts... just for comparisons sake.