ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
50 IQ
a local music shop has two JS1000 models in stock, one is the typical $1000 price mark and the other is $300, the reason being it has a large gash on the bottom of the body, and here's the big part: someone swapped out the the Edge (pro?) trem for a licensed Floyd.

my question is, can one re-swap the trem for a after market Edge? and if so, would you go for it? it'd still be less than a used JS1000.

I've been GAS'ing over one for a while now.
Last edited by ihartfood at Jan 7, 2013,
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
290 IQ
I have a JS100 stuck in the top of my closet. I think it is a giant POS.

I got it for free, it came to me for repairs over 9 months ago and the owner never returned. It needs a little TLC, but i still think it is a cheap guitar. I'll take my G-400 over it any day, hell I'd rather have a CV Squire.

The JS100 has a crap Lo-TRS II that is only diecent if you block it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
290 IQ
Quote by ihartfood
whoa I meant JS1000 my bad

I must have read it wrong

I have heard good things about the 1000 and up series, but have never actually played one.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
halfj06
30 IQ
Id run from it and look at a used s series ibanez or I've seen prestige rg's for what you would spend on that guitar and a new edge trem.. I know its not the same but I don't see what's special about the satch sigs
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man
50 IQ
Quote by halfj06
Id run from it and look at a used s series ibanez or I've seen prestige rg's for what you would spend on that guitar and a new edge trem.. I know its not the same but I don't see what's special about the satch sigs

nothing really you may be right there.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
440 IQ
big problem is if someone swapped the trem, (a) why did they do that? and (b) did they modify the guitar to fit the new trem?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?