Sabin89
UG's Resident Chicagoan
54 IQ
Price: $500 (with HSC)
Purchased from: GuitarCenter

(I'd rather not give a numerical value for each category, seeing as it's all subjective. A 9 to me could be a 7 to you, etc. etc.)

Features:
This is the Dean VMNT, particularly the original Angel of Deth, best known as one of the Dave Mustaine models. Crafted in Indonesia, this thing is solid. Mahogany body, 25 1/2 scale, Mahogany Set-Neck, that is classified as a Mustaine D-Shape. Ebony Fingerboard with, what Dean refers to as "Mustaine Pearl Inlays" which is a combo of
classic pearl dots, and a mini Jacksonish sharktooth. Mini grover tuners, black hardware (cause let's be honest, any color other than black would look awkward), Tune-O-Matic bridge, and a pair of Dave Mustaine Duncan Live Wire Pickups. Two volume, One tone knobs.
Oh yeah, and it came with a Dean hardshell case.

Sound:
I'm still just a basement guitarist, but hoping to get a band off the ground one day soon. I play through a Marshall AVT50 and a Crate 4x12 with some Boss pedals, and I must say, this thing screams Thrash (my fave!). This is my first guitar with Active
Pickups, and I must say, I don't know how I managed without them before (for my style of music, of course). Anyways; cleans? Sounds pretty good. Neck is quite bluesy. However, Distortion is where this thing lives. Using through a Boss DS-1 (soon to be upgraded), with Tone at Noon and Distortion at Four, the pickups scream bloody murder (specifically the bridge). I can only imagine this guitar with a good tube amp.

Action, Fit & Finish:
For it being made in Indonesia, I must say, it exceeds expectations. The Angel of Deth graphic looks amazing in person. The action was low, but there isn't any buzzing. Only one problem I had was my High E would occasionally get pushed off the fretboard and get stuck on a higher fret.

Reliability & Durability:
So Far, So Good... So What!
Ok, I had been saving up that joke for a couple of paragraphs. I've only had the guitar for just under a week, but this thing can and WILL take punishment and dish it right back! Everything feels solid, nothing seems flimsy. Reliability? It's my main axe. However you should always have a backup. Not saying you'll need it, but should Satan rise up from the depths of Hell and steal this guitar from you mid-show out of a jealous rage, then you'll be happy you have a backup.

Impression:
I had been GASing for this guitar for a few years now (back when it was just released and was going for about $1250 I believe), and had just managed to find it on GuitarCenter's website for around $550. So I went to the GC I frequent and dealt with my favorite salesman who hooked me up with a good deal (paid around $511 for it. Case, Shipping, and Tax). Like stated before, this thing is a metal head's dream. As a devotee of Thrash, I couldn't ask for anything more; and you might not either.
Gear:
Dean VMNT Angel of Deth
Jackson RRXT Trans Black
Marshall AVT50 w/Crate 4x12 Cabinet
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss TR-2 Tremolo
Dunlop Crybaby Wah (In White)
MXR M103 Blue Box
DigiTech DigiDelay
Dunlop Tortex .88s
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
318 IQ
I'm diggin' the wings. HNGD!
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
So YOU'RE the person who snagged that baby! HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.