Page 4 of 412
Quote by LP1951
Pickups certainly make a difference, wood does not make much difference in a solid body electric. I'd rather have a luthier hand finish my frets than have a PLEK.

Oh you are one of those people.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by LP1951
wood does not make much difference in a solid body electric.

And so it begins.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Roc8995
That's a legitimate opinion, but don't just ignore those differences. They exist.

I don't doubt that Standards come stock with better pups and better grades of wood. I am not downing Standards. I have owned Standards in the past, but I had to sell them. Right now I am satisfied with my 89 Studio which has Allnico Pro IIs and a ebony fretboard. Incidentally, it is White and it has a custom truss rod cover so I guess it was painted in the Custom Shop. Thanks for the info!
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Does thare get counted as a solo hit for Keef, or is that a hit for the Rolling Stones?

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Mephaphil
It's all Keefs.

Mick would have tried to hit the guy with his ****ing knighthood.

You can get a knighthood for that?!?!?!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Since this is the LP thread, I figured I'll ask this here.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Univox-Les-Paul-copy-W0QQAdIdZ446870368

I've been looking at getting an LP since trading away my SE Singlecut for my tele. Not that I regret the trade, I just want an LP again. Is that worth $180 as it sits? Or should I negotiate?
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Hmm, I have a question about a Gibson "sorta" Les Paul. I'm looking at p90-equipped guitars because I find I generally enjoy the tone (some more than others of course). I listened to a few videos of people playing Gibson LP juniors through various tube amps (fender blues jr etc) and I think they sound awesome. I also listened to some Godin Core p90 videos and wasn't as impressed. Not every guitar sounds the same, but it seems very unlikely I'll be able to play both a Gibon LP junior and a Godin Core before making a decision. So if anyone has any experience with the LP Jr (the recent one with 2 p90s and a tune-o-matic bridge), I would welcome their input on things like build quality, neck thickness (I like them flat) and overall impressions.

I'm looking around kind of generally at "blues rock" guitars, but find myself zeroing in on guitars with p90s as having that tone I'm looking for more than humbuckers. Of course, if a soapbar 2 is about the same level of build quality as a Gibson LP jr, it'd be good to know that too (since the PRS SE soapbars are cheaper, lol.)

The Godin Core P90 is $550 used, a Gibson LP Jr with P90s is $500 new. If that makes a difference.
Quote by Charvel1995
Since this is the LP thread, I figured I'll ask this here.

http://london.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-guitars-Univox-Les-Paul-copy-W0QQAdIdZ446870368

I've been looking at getting an LP since trading away my SE Singlecut for my tele. Not that I regret the trade, I just want an LP again. Is that worth $180 as it sits? Or should I negotiate?

Is it a bolt on or set neck?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I really like Godins, but if you're looking for a P90 equipped guitar, my go-to company would be Reverend.

They're in the same price range as the Godins, but have korina bodies, unique retro styling, and pickups that growl. They have several P90 guitars, both set-neck and bold-ons. They even have one- the Double Agent- with a bridge HB and a P90 in the neck.

To paraphrase a Reverend owner I know of: sounds like an LP, plays like a Strat- best of both worlds.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 12, 2013,
I don't have a Les Paul shape at the moment but I've got an EC1000 in Silverburst coming in within the next few weeks.

I'm excited.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
You can get a knighthood for that?!?!?!

Man, some really ****ed up people who have done some really ****ed up shit have knighthoods.

Keef however, said that he'd hit them with a pole if those big eared freaks tried to put a sword on his head, or something to that extent.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh you are one of those people.

Unfortunately I am too. I all behind the plek system, I think it's amazing. However saying the wood affects or dictates the tone, I find that hard to believe. Yes, I think it will definitely influence the sustain and resonance. If you watch some fretted Americana videos on YouTube, there's one with a mahogany les Paul custom and it's one of the brightest guitars ever. Has all the typical custom woods though. Now of course there are exceptions to every rule. You could argue how old the wood is, where the tree was grown, the pickups etc.

When buying a guitar, I don't think I want a mahogany body for a darker sound but with a maple cap to brighten it up. A maple cap is purely for looks in my opinion. The only wood I would choose specifically is the fretboard because of the feel of it.

Anyway, that's for another thread, I don't want to derail anything. And I'm not saying anyone's opinion is wrong or arguing that what I say is fact, just simply stating my albeit, unpopular opinion. So please don't respond like I just kicked your dog...
So sustain and resonance don't affect the tone?

Right

So that's why a Suhr with a high quality basswood body sounds exactly the same as a Indo RG with a cheap basswood body....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
So sustain and resonance don't affect the tone?

Right

So that's why a Suhr with a high quality basswood body sounds exactly the same as a Indo RG with a cheap basswood body....

Sustain is how long the notes last. Resonance is how the wood oscillates and the prolonged vibration of the wood. A better resonance gives better sustain. And if you read my comment correctly, you'll see I did actually say wood will have an affect on resonance and sustain. But no, I don't think resonance and sustain affect the tone. Which is the colour of the sound if you like. They affect how long that tone lasts. I believe that the main things that affect the tone is the pickups, how the strings are mounted, the strings themselves, quality of electronics, the guitarist themselves and the amp. Not in that order. Now please don't patronise me just because your opinion is different to mine.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Jan 12, 2013,
I hate to be a devil's advocate here because you are a nice guy, izzy, but if you don't think the woods on a guitar affect the tone at all, then why have you bought Gibson's in the past? Why didn't you just buy an Epiphone Special II and mod the guitar to hell if you have that view?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 12, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I hate to be a devil's advocate here because you are a nice guy, izzy, but if you don't think the woods on a guitar affect the tone at all, then why have you bought Gibson's in the past?

Because I like the feel of Les Pauls. They are very well built instruments and they use very high quality parts which when all put together, give the playability and tone that I like. Just like anyone else buys one.

Missed that last part you added in. Gibson's will have things like a tighter neck joint and better quality wood which will help the sustain. I'm not saying get a cheap guitar and shove Gibson parts on it and it's as good as a Les paul. I know the quality of wood has a big affect on the guitar. I just don't believe it's the tone.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Because I like the feel of Les Pauls. They are very well built instruments and they use very high quality parts which when all put together, give the playability and tone that I like. Just like anyone else buys one.

And at the same time, you don't think the wood makes a difference? Why would you care to spend money on the the quality of a guitar's construction if you don't think it makes any difference?
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Missed that last part you added in. Gibson's will have things like a tighter neck joint and better quality wood which will help the sustain. I'm not saying get a cheap guitar and shove Gibson parts on it and it's as good as a Les paul. I know the quality of wood has a big affect on the guitar. I just don't believe it's the tone.

If you only care about sustain, why didn't you just buy a compressor pedal for infinite sustain?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
And at the same time, you don't think the wood makes a difference? Why would you care to spend money on the the quality of a guitar's construction if you don't think it makes any difference?

If you only care about sustain, why didn't you just buy a compressor pedal for infinite sustain?

I'm not saying the construction doesn't make a difference. I believe it makes a huge difference. That's why I'd spend more on a guitar.

Just like to say, I'm not arguing or looking down on people cuz they have a different opinion. It's just hard to tell on the Internet. You guys have given me some sound advice before so I wouldn't patronise you.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I'm not saying the construction doesn't make a difference. I believe it makes a huge difference. That's why I'd spend more on a guitar.

Just like to say, I'm not arguing or looking down on people cuz they have a different opinion. It's just hard to tell on the Internet. You guys have given me some sound advice before so I wouldn't patronise you.

It doesn't sound like you are mate. You have a different opinion and that's cool and sometimes this topic can lead to arrogance and insults, but I haven't got that in this discussion. Civility reigns! I

Carry on, it's interesting
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Last edited by Mephaphil at Jan 12, 2013,
Maybe one day when I have a place to do it, I would like to make a number of exactly the same shape guitars out of the common woods used, then use all the exact components and hardware in the different guitars then hear the difference. If there is a difference, no matter how small, you can then blame it on the wood and then the people who believe wood does affect the tone would be right. If there was no change in sound, then that would prove that wood doesn't affect it. I think that's the only way to prove this. Until someone does that, there's always gunna be conflict. It'd be hard though as it's always been assumed that the differences in sound are due to the wood and when this subject has been brought up, it's always been met with such opposition and quite often aggression, people don't talk about it that much.

Anyway, you've heard my opinion. I'm gunna leave it at that and not respond to this subject as it's not the point of the thread and I don't really feel like going over the same things when people are set in their ways.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does a guitars paint crack over time? Les Pauls look insane when that happens. Does it take long?
Like this
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Maybe one day when I have a place to do it, I would like to make a number of exactly the same shape guitars out of the common woods used, then use all the exact components and hardware in the different guitars then hear the difference. If there is a difference, no matter how small, you can then blame it on the wood and then the people who believe wood does affect the tone would be right. If there was no change in sound, then that would prove that wood doesn't affect it. I think that's the only way to prove this. Until someone does that, there's always gunna be conflict. It'd be hard though as it's always been assumed that the differences in sound are due to the wood and when this subject has been brought up, it's always been met with such opposition and quite often aggression, people don't talk about it that much.

Anyway, you've heard my opinion. I'm gunna leave it at that and not respond to this subject as it's not the point of the thread and I don't really feel like going over the same things when people are set in their ways.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm tired of arguing this topic, i has been done TO DEATH, so i'll leave you alone.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

Why does a guitars paint crack over time? Les Pauls look insane when that happens. Does it take long?
Like this

The reason why this happens on a lot of old guitars is because old guitars use a nitrocellulose lacquer as a finish. Nitrocellulose is quite a thin and fragile finish and it doesn't like sudden temperature changes. What you're seeing is sometimes called 'checking'.

This happens to guitars when they are sent from a very warm room to a very cold room or vice versa. The wood expands or contracts from the change in temperature at a faster rate than the finish can, causing the finish to crack. The cracks are what you're seeing.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
...However saying the wood affects or dictates the tone, I find that hard to believe. Yes, I think it will definitely influence the sustain and resonance. If you watch some fretted Americana videos on YouTube, there's one with a mahogany les Paul custom and it's one of the brightest guitars ever. Has all the typical custom woods though. Now of course there are exceptions to every rule. You could argue how old the wood is, where the tree was grown, the pickups etc.

When buying a guitar, I don't think I want a mahogany body for a darker sound but with a maple cap to brighten it up. A maple cap is purely for looks in my opinion. The only wood I would choose specifically is the fretboard because of the feel of it.

Anyway, that's for another thread, I don't want to derail anything. And I'm not saying anyone's opinion is wrong or arguing that what I say is fact, just simply stating my albeit, unpopular opinion. So please don't respond like I just kicked your dog...

My guess is that the grade of wood in a Gibson Les Paul has a very minimal effect on tone, if it has any effect at all. The pups have a huge effect on tone and that is the problem in these debates. The only fair comparison would involve putting the exact same pups in different Les Pauls with different grades of wood, but the exact same hardware, and then conducting blind tests. Who is going to take the time to do that when the probable outcome would be that nobody could hear a difference?

What many have done is put different pups in the same Les Paul? And I think all would agree that pups make a huge difference in tone, regardless of the grade of wood.
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm tired of arguing this topic, i has been done TO DEATH, so i'll leave you alone.

The reason why this happens on a lot of old guitars is because old guitars use a nitrocellulose lacquer as a finish. Nitrocellulose is quite a thin and fragile finish and it doesn't like sudden temperature changes. What you're seeing is sometimes called 'checking'.

This happens to guitars when they are sent from a very warm room to a very cold room or vice versa. The wood expands or contracts from the change in temperature at a faster rate than the finish can, causing the finish to crack. The cracks are what you're seeing.

LPs are still nitro finishes aren't they?

If yes, if I were to put my LP into the freezer for a little and then put it into the sauna, or even a warm room, will it check?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Mephaphil

If yes, if I were to put my LP into the freezer for a little and then put it into the sauna, or even a warm room, will it check?

It happens the most often in the scenario that the guitarist leaves the guitar in his freezing cold car, and then takes it into a hot, smokey bar, which makes the finish go apeshit.

You'll see in Gibson and Fender manuals that it warns you to let the guitar slowly warm up (or cool down) to the ambient temperature of the environment it is in before taking it out of the case.
Quote by TheSennaj
izzy have you every played a mahogany top LP? if you get a chance to play one, do a side by side with a maple top one with the same pups. i did that and was really surprised how different the guitars sounded. i actually preferred the mahogany top guitar of the two. both were nice guitars.

Quote by Mephaphil

not really the same nitro. todays finishes are very plasticky compared to the old ones. they are thin, and they are nitro, but it's just not the same. i don't think they will wear or check the same way the old ones did.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What well I have a les paul on the way that has a VOS finish. Can I expect it to do this? It's already about 12 years old.
Environmental concerns have forced the re-formulation of finish materials.
They are very different than they used to be and have been for quite awhile.
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I really like Godins, but if you're looking for a P90 equipped guitar, my go-to company would be Reverend.

They're in the same price range as the Godins, but have korina bodies, unique retro styling, and pickups that growl. They have several P90 guitars, both set-neck and bold-ons. They even have one- the Double Agent- with a bridge HB and a P90 in the neck.

To paraphrase a Reverend owner I know of: sounds like an LP, plays like a Strat- best of both worlds.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I am indeed looking for that "growl." I'm not crazy about the headstocks on some of their models (like this http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-REVEREND-WARHAWK-2390-108531016-i2900248.gc) but the Sensei line looks pretty cool.
I brought my LP Traditional to one practice to show my bandmates. I'd never do it again. I have loads of less expensive guitars, and more importantly guitars that aren't ****ed if the neck/head breaks.

I wouldn't bring a set neck guitar to a gig or practice again though. When I had my Studio I went to an audition for a band with it, they turned out to be dicks. The guitarist got drunk and spun round and smashed his shitty Yamaha (no offence Yamaha, I love your bikes but I'm bitter) budget model into my Studio, giving it a scratch down the entire headstock. He barely said sorry and I had a go at him for it. Probably the main reason I didn't get in, but I wouldn't have accepted so whatever.

What about you guys? Your £1500 LP to a gig or practice? I ain't doing it again, which is a pity because it's so nice to play. It's not about the dings but the risk to the neck.

I'll most likely bring my Tele for the bluesy stuff and the modded Strat for the alternative stuff.

Thoughts?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

I think that's why Telecaster are so popular. You can beat the crap out of it and it'll still get the job. That's why I bought one. Well that and I'm a Keith Richards/ Bruce Springsteen/ Jimmy Page fan boy. But I still take my LP out very regularly. More so than my tele, come to think of it haha
What about you buys? A £1500 guitar to a gig or practice? I ain't doing it, which is a pity because it's so nice to play. It's not about the dings but the risk to the neck.

Yes, I have done so, and yes, I'd do it again.

Partly because I'm a lawyer- I can sue your ass off in my spare time if you don't take responsibility for your actions*- partly because I don't have a lot of cheaper options (I tend to buy good gear) and partly because I try not to let potential damage to/loss of material things get in the ways of friendships and having fun. If something is too expensive for me to enjoyably share with others or otherwise use as intended, then I probably spent too much money on it.

That said, there ARE guitars I own that rarely travel outside of my house. Both are Jon Kammerer hollowbodies- #1 & #2 in their respective production lines. I could afford to buy identically made guitars...but you simply can't replace #1 & #2.

(But even they get fresh air on occasion.)

* If you're a dick about things, though...well, then I'm probably not going to be playing with you anyway!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Jan 12, 2013,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I think that's why Telecaster are so popular. You can beat the crap out of it and it'll still get the job. That's why I bought one. Well that and I'm a Keith Richards/ Bruce Springsteen/ Jimmy Page fan boy. But I still take my LP out very regularly. More so than my tele, come to think of it haha

I love Keef! In fact the Stones are my favourite all time band. The 68-78 period is amazing. Before and after, well there's a lot of amazing songs but I don't think their albums were as consistent as they were during that period. I would argue for that period of theirs being as good as any other bands best period. Beggars Banquet, Let it Bleed, Get your Ya Yas Out, Sticky Fingers, Exile, Goats Head Soup, Love you Live, Some Girls. It's just epic. Some Girls just makes it for the fact that there's quite a few great songs on the album but for me it was the beginning of the end.

Anyway. Yea. It's a shame that it's a stay at home or recording only guitar for me, as it really is an awesome guitar. Pretty much the same as a Standard a few years ago, as I'm sure you'll know, and I prefer it to the new Standards anyway.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Its been about a year since I have had a new guitar. I have been looking at some used epi les pauls and some Agile Al3000s as well as other options. I just love the way Les pauls look and feel. Ive played a really nice custom epi and loved it, also played a traditional pro epi and hated the neck. I liked a thin ltdish type neck. How the necks on the different models of the epi les pauls? I think the neck on my ltd is 20 mm at the nut. i think the most id go is $350 used. But i am def gasing for a les paul style guitar. reading this thread makes it even worse lol. thanks for all the les paul pictures and stuff very awesome.
Ibanez VBT700
Schecter Traditional Custom (Black Winter)
Orange Micro Dark
Line 6 Flextone 112
Big Muff
MXR Micro Amp

Squier Classic Vibs 70's Precision
Ampeg BA110V2
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Yes, I have done so, and yes, I'd do it again.

Partly because I'm a lawyer- I can sue your ass off in my spare time if you don't take responsibility for your actions*- partly because I don't have a lot of cheaper options (I tend to buy good gear).

Well this audition was just a nightmare and I was a pissed at this guy for damaging my guitar and it did cross my mind when looking at the damage that I should call him up and ask him to pay for the repair and if not that I was gonna sue him to for it.

But I felt it a bit petty and just got over it. It wouldn't be worth my time really. It wasn't like a normal accident which happen and are completely forgiving. The guy was stumbling around, arguing with me and getting his basic open chords mixed up and trying to tell me that I was playing an Em when he asked me to play a Em7, I was playing a Em7.

He was also smoking weed the whole time, I mean, that's just not my scene anymore. Call me boring but I'm there to audition, practice, play music, not to get wasted and stumble around and damage equipment that I work hard to buy.

So, because of that I just had images of it being worse next time and someone accidently tripping over and snapping my set neck LP, which would be disastrous!

It's not worth the risk.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by gregs1020
Is it a bolt on or set neck?

I'll find out for you. Stay away from the bolt on?
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Quote by Mephaphil
Well this audition was just a nightmare and I was a pissed at this guy for damaging my guitar and it did cross my mind when looking at the damage that I should call him up and ask him to pay for the repair and if not that I was gonna sue him to for it.

But I felt it a bit petty and just got over it. It wouldn't be worth my time really. It wasn't like a normal accident which happen and are completely forgiving. The guy was stumbling around, arguing with me and getting his basic open chords mixed up and trying to tell me that I was playing an Em when he asked me to play a Em7, I was playing a Em7.

He was also smoking weed the whole time, I mean, that's just not my scene anymore. Call me boring but I'm there to audition, practice, play music, not to get wasted and stumble around and damage equipment that I work hard to buy.

So, because of that I just had images of it being worse next time and someone accidently tripping over and snapping my set neck LP, which would be disastrous!

It's not worth the risk.

Ouch!

I'm not in a band, but I know many who have been (and my only recreational drug is booze). A wise dude who had once toured the world said to me something I now say to my aspiring clients: if people in the band are going to do drugs, make sure the're all doing the same ones. He had had a bad experience with a band in which the players were all aces when clean, but the lead singer was a drunk, the bass player was a stoner, and the drummer was a speed-freak- as a group, they couldn't keep tempo. Or key.

One nightmare tour and he was out of that group.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Ouch!

I'm not in a band, but I know many who have been (and my only recreational drug is booze). A wise dude who had once toured the world said to me something I now say to my aspiring clients: if people in the band are going to do drugs, make sure the're all doing the same ones. He had had a bad experience with a band in which the players were all aces when clean, but the lead singer was a drunk, the bass player was a stoner, and the drummer was a speed-freak- as a group, they couldn't keep tempo. Or key.

One nightmare tour and he was out of that group.

That sounds hilarious, in a Hunter S. Thompson super group kind of way.

Was it a well known band?
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

The only broken LP I ever encountered. The kid had to throw it against the wall to break it.

They really aren't that delicate if you just get on with it. Its just something people always bitch about. Its bollocks.

They arent made of unicorn spunk. Its also an easy repair, just play them and if your one of the very very very small minority of owners who suffers a break, repair it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Mephaphil
That sounds hilarious, in a Hunter S. Thompson super group kind of way.

Was it a well known band?

Nah- they flamed out & broke up within a couple of years, according to him.

Quote by Tom 1.0

The only broken LP I ever encountered. The kid had to throw it against the wall to break it.

They really aren't that delicate if you just get on with it. Its just something people always bitch about. Its bollocks.

They arent made of unicorn spunk. Its also an easy repair, just play them and if your one of the very very very small minority of owners who suffers a break, repair it.

The sight of that broken neck makes me sick!