Hey will you guys critique my singing. I know I'm not v. good, but I do a lot of harmonies in bands I've been in, but I've never really thought my voice was suited for singing lead. Anyway, here's a recording of a vocal harmony I was working out for one of my band's songs a while ago.

Any critiques/thoughts on how to improve/what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated

https://www.box.com/s/8jqd55dtmpnol6spzdhc

(i'm singing everything in this, just to be clear).
Last edited by chronowarp at Jan 8, 2013,
Quote by chronowarp
Hey will you guys critique my singing. I know I'm not v. good, but I do a lot of harmonies in bands I've been in, but I've never really thought my voice was suited for singing lead. Anyway, here's a recording of a vocal harmony I was working out for one of my band's songs a while ago.

Any critiques/thoughts on how to improve/what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated

https://www.box.com/s/8jqd55dtmpnol6spzdhc

(i'm singing everything in this, just to be clear).

I likes it.

Little bit nasally, but it kinda works. Try to open your mouth more and make sure you open your throat when you sing. You could do with more roundness to your voice. You handle the high notes much better.

Your voice cracks at one point.

Dig the falsetto.

I think you're good enough for lead. I'd listen to it.
I've never heard the nasally thing before, but I hear it a bit in the lower part of my register. I do know some exercises to work on that so I'll give em a try. Thanks!

How does one work on roundness. I know what you mean, but I'm not sure how to change that.
Last edited by chronowarp at Jan 9, 2013,
Quote by chronowarp
I've never heard the nasally thing before, but I hear it a bit in the lower part of my register. I do know some exercises to work on that so I'll give em a try. Thanks!

How does one work on roundness. I know what you mean, but I'm not sure how to change that.

Open your throat, then try closing it up again. Notice the difference in your voice. Experiment with different tonalities until you find a tone that suits. You don't always need to sing in the same tone.

Your high notes are great sounding.
Nice song man, has lots of potential.

as for the singing, its pretty good!

As the other poster mentioned, it is a bit nasally. Also, I'd work on your mixed register a bit more so the transition from low to high notes isn't so strained.

good luck man! catchy tune.