Obviously made in USA in the best but what do you think about the old MIJ Jacksons against the newer X series made in India?

I was looking at the X series but something about made in India didn't sit right with me so I bought a DK2 that I came across and I love it. A few of the Soloist in the X series have neck through which is nice. The DKs have an Alder body insted of the X series basswood I think, not that I know much about wood tones....

What do you guys think?
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
Last edited by UFC on VHS at Jan 8, 2013,
MIJ Jacksons are great guitars , I be willing to say even onpar with the non CS Jacksons.

I have heard that the MII Jacksons are diecent but nowhere near what a MIJ/MIA is
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
generally speaking with guitars (i hate speaking generally becuase somebody always starts an arguement) but MIJ and MIA are typically very comparable in quality [read NOT always].

but for the brands i am thinking of the custom shop usually come out of the US. but there are great guitars that aren't ever MIA. ibanez's high tear is all MIJ as well as their custom shop (unless something is changed). MIJ fenders i have played are pretty much on par with the MIA while they were in production.

i personally will not buy a guitar that is made anywhere other than the US Japan, Europe, and comparable. no MIK no MIC no MII. that is just me though. partially due to political reasons for example that there are tons of factories in China, but a lot are sweat shops, and the other reason because MIJ and MIA are better in my opinion.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Robbgnarly
MIJ Jacksons are great guitars , I be willing to say even onpar with the non CS Jacksons.

I have heard that the MII Jacksons are diecent but nowhere near what a MIJ/MIA is

Yeah, I'd say the same. Especially remembering the point of time when there used to be Jackson Stars series. Real quality instruments and not as expensive as CS Jacksons. Having tried a MIJ Jackson SL3 myself, I'd have to say that it's a stunning guitar for the price tag it had, about 1100 euros I believe. The FR simply didn't go out of tune even with really crazy stuff. The only thing that stopped me from getting that guitar was the neck and I don't need FR.

So, TS, I can't really speak for MII guitars. They look good, obviously, but that seems to be for the majority of the guitars. Sometimes it feels that looks overcome the more important factors.

Quote by trashedlostfdup

ibanez's high tear is all MIJ as well as their custom shop (unless something is changed).

I believe there's an US custom shop.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jan 9, 2013,
I have played a MIIndia Jackson before the quality felt a lot better than my MIM Strat. I have never played a MIJ guitar so I can't compare with that, but this should give you some idea of MIIndia quality
Call me walrus! Or latte!

Gear:
Fernandes Retrorocket Deluxe DG
G&L Tribute ASAT Deluxe Carved Top
Fender Lonestar Deluxe Reissue (MIM, Texas Specials and Pearly Gates HB)
ZOOM G5
Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive
Quote by wahalrus
I have played a MIIndia Jackson before the quality felt a lot better than my MIM Strat. I have never played a MIJ guitar so I can't compare with that, but this should give you some idea of MIIndia quality

you really can't judge it on one guitar. i have gone through (OWNED) 60+ guitars in the last 8 years or so. i know i have gone through a dozen strats, mostly mexican with a couple american, and found that this 1995 strat i picked up for $175 and fell in love with it and it honestly was better than the MIA at the time.

there will always be one cheaper one that is better and there will always be an expensive one thats worth. i know i have had two MIJ jacksons. i own two ibanez prestiges (the third is on the way and will get here on friday or monday), they are MIJ and they have been great.

i own 7 gibsons and obviously they are all MIA, i even have Peavey MIA wolfgangs and a MIA '82 peavey superstrat which is also very nice ($40 and it is immaculate). and also to mention i do have one gibson from kalamazoo.

it varies. bottom line if it feels good to you, get it. most major dealers (MF M123 GC Sweetwater) have very good satisfaction guarantees of one kind or another if you get one thats bad. i would go MIJ or MIA any time over india
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a 97 Jackson Kelly MIJ and it is truly an amazing instrument. My guitarist had a MII Kelly and it started having output problems after about a year and the soldering was done pretty sloppy. It played great though and the pups didnt sound to bad. My MIJ still destroyed it in every aspect. I swear by the Japanese Jacksons, i have never played one that i didnt instantly love.