Page 1 of 4
I've gotten to a point in my life where I have no #1 band/artist. I could name a few artists that I enjoy more than other artists, but as i've grown older I am no longer able to pinpoint just one, while in the past I was able to.

Who knows that feel?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I know dat feel.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

1 3 5 R
2 4 6
I know it.

I have favorite bands for certain things, but not a favorite overall.
It was my privilege
BTBAM came damn close to my favorite band, but then I discovered about a million other bands that I've been joying very, very much lately.

So I still haven't had a favorite band for three years or so
Not really. I've listened to Led Zeppelin consistently throughout all my other changes in music tastes though. Silversun Pickups for a long time too.
jawbreaker has been my favorite band for a few years easily, although lately i've been questioning that. sleater-kinney is just so good. :s
Dead Letter Circus followed closely by Fair to Midland. Without question.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Not for years now. I can't even do top 5 or 10 lists because later another will pop into my head and I want them on it too.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Rise Against is still my favorite.
Silverstein is still my second favorite.
Every single other artist I like is my third favorite.
Voted UG User of the Year 2015 & 2016
I have different kinds of favorites.

Like one, where I don't listen to them as much as other artists because I know their entire discography inside and out, and you need something new, but you still respect them more than any other band and they hold a sentimental spot. For me that'd be Boards Of Canada.

Then you have the artist that you're currently obsessed with but it's just recent and won't last forever. That'd be Bonobo

Then you have musicians you won't rock out to all the time, but you think they're the most talented and skilled musician you listen to. For me, that'd be Debussy or Ravel (composers, not bands, but whatever).
is there any band that means more to you for whatever reason than any other band? (this is to all the i-don't-have-a-favorites out there.)
Quote by due 07
is there any band that means more to you for whatever reason than any other band? (this is to all the i-don't-have-a-favorites out there.)

Yeah, I have one of those.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by due 07

Enter Shikari because of gig memories with my friends...good stuff.

Only Enter Shikari and Foals have ever really been my favourite band, where I'd listen to them almost exclusively
Quote by due 07

Yes.
Quote by due 07

Rush
Yes. Thrice and Dredg have been at my top for years now.
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
Quote by due 07

Yeah. Rush is one of the reasons I even started playing instruments.
I have favourites in genres; for example for prog rock it would be pink floyd. Punk rock would be rise against, etc etc

I've found I'm getting into a lot of electronic music, but don't really know many artists, normally because I'm either listening to it online, or at friends places, so I never really hear many songs repetitively.

I wouldn't say I have an overall favourite band though
RIP Gooze

cats
I will always go back to Fall of Troy through all of my musical changes. And the Mars Volta.

Also, Chevelle and 311 will always be special to me (as you can see by username) even though I listen to 311 hardly at all nowadays.
I don't think I've ever had a favourite band. There aren't many artists I have more than one or two albums from, because I usually select my music based on the album and not the artist. Some of my favourite albums come from artists I really don't like much else from.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Coheed and Cambria. Forever.
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
I occasionally get drawn in by other bands but if I listen to a single Korn song I'm immediately 15 again and wishing Head and David would come back.
Quote by willT08
Enter Shikari
Quote by orangepi
Rush
Quote by bradulator
Rush

oh my god. sorry i asked. :*
Quote by The Madcap
I've never been more disappointed by you.

cuz of nostalgia beeeyotch.

I would probably also include the Beatles.

I really haven't listened to either of them in like a year.
Quote by due 07
oh my god. sorry i asked. :*

Don't even get at Shikari. Their first two albums are solid, and they're local boys from the mighty Hertfordshire. Can't not support a band that gets huge when they're from 10 minutes down the road.
If someone asks me I'll say rise against, because they impress me every time I listen to them, but seriously I listen to so many bands and so many different genres that there isn't really 1 favorite.
This sig will self-destruct in 5 seconds.

Hot e-cousin of girlgerms007

I love Tracie.

Soundcloud
A favourite band, ah yes. DAT FEEL.

I've found that my 'favourite' bands have always been ones who I tend to play much, much more than others. I've had a Metallica phase, a Megadeth phase, heck even a Green Day phase. Most recently a Dream Theater/Rush phase.

But I don't think I'll have a favourite band for some time now, all those phases are starting to fade and I'm listening to all the artists in my library sort of equally.

Maybe except Owl City. Heck, why do I have that stuff anyways?
Dunno man... Black Sabbath or Darkthrone. Hard choice, but I think I'll go with Black Sabbath.
So... yeah... almost got a favourite band.
Quote by mschup27
This dude knows whats up.

This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Page 1 of 4