Page 3 of 4
Yeah, I'm with you. My school makes you pic a new password every few months, so of course I forgot it. One of the security questions asked my favorite band... and that's how I got locked out of my account. XD But yeah, I more of have a lot of bands I enjoy, rather a #1 favorite.
Quote by blake1221
I think, even with all the bands I listen to, I can safely say Brand New is my favorite. They've just been consistently on point with their music, and no matter what music phase I'm going through, they're still perfectly relevant. I'm never really not in a mood to listen to them, and their songs have meant a lot to me at different times in my life. I still draw a huge amount of inspiration from them, so yeah.

Brand New.
Favorite band.

Come at me.

*comes at you.... to shake your hand*

I ****ing love Brand New. The world tilts back and pours and pours and pours, man.
Quote by MrDo0m
*comes at you.... to shake your hand*

I ****ing love Brand New. The world tilts back and pours and pours and pours, man.

Hey you, beauty supreme.

Yeah, you were right about me.
i used to always say Slipknot was my favorite, but honestly i don't even listen to them much anymore. my "favorite band" tends to change every month. currently it's Fear Factory.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
Quote by blake1221
Hey you, beauty supreme.

Yeah, you were right about me.

I was? Cool!

Can you give me hand? I can't get myself out from underneath this guilt that's ****ing crushing me, man. I'm just laying here looking at our sad messiah, and he appears to be bored and tired of my laments.
Last edited by MrDo0m at Jan 9, 2013,
Quote by bradulator
I've gotten to a point in my life where I have no #1 band/artist. I could name a few artists that I enjoy more than other artists, but as i've grown older I am no longer able to pinpoint just one, while in the past I was able to.

Who knows that feel?
It was Muse for a while when I was younger, then it was "I have no number 1 band/artist" until sometime in 2012... Ne Obliviscaris!!!

Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by MrDo0m
I was? Cool!

Can you give me hand? I can't get myself out from underneath this guilt that's ****ing crushing me, man. I'm just laying here looking at our sad messiah, and he appears to be bored and tired of my laments.

Probably one of their greatest parts in any song.

Daisy is far and away their best work though, holy shit.
Quote by blake1221
Probably one of their greatest parts in any song.

Daisy is far and away their best work though, holy shit.

Loved Daisy, but Devil and God is still my favorite album.
Daisy seems to trim the fat though, it just gets straight to the nitty gritty. sooooo good.

Devil does have Not the Sun and You Won't Know, though...and Luca..
Quote by blake1221
Daisy seems to trim the fat though, it just gets straight to the nitty gritty. sooooo good.

Devil does have Not the Sun and You Won't Know, though...and Luca..

Yep, and Jesus.

Daisy's spectacular though.. Still love Deja Entendu as well.
Quote by nincompoop
Daft Punk is my favorite.

Nice one! Love Daft Punk and can't say I've ever seen anyone claim them to be their favourite band. Nice pick mate.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Yeah, Soundgarden, and that's been the case for years but the last couple months Deftones has been getting up there. Superunknown and Down On The Upside in particular just mean so much to me I can't see anything else coming close in the near future.

Apart from those 2 though it's now just a huge blur afterwards. It used to be I could name my 10 favorite in order, but back then I probably only knew like 10 bands.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Last edited by Bob_Sacamano at Jan 9, 2013,
probably megadeth

I just go through phases with most bands

I've been listening to these guys nonstop for like four years now

idk man I don't even like that much metal anymore but idk man just megadeth idk I can't stop man

Quote by blake1221
Brand New.

is it even possible to enjoy bands like Brand New when you can't relate to any of the lyrics?

I'm struggling to enjoy bands like them and La Dispute and Converge and all that shit I've seen on your last.fm, but I just can't
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
probably megadeth

I just go through phases with most bands

I've been listening to these guys nonstop for like four years now

idk man I don't even like that much metal anymore but idk man just megadeth idk I can't stop man

is it even possible to enjoy bands like Brand New when you can't relate to any of the lyrics?

I'm struggling to enjoy bands like them and La Dispute and Converge and all that shit I've seen on your last.fm, but I just can't

Can you relate to the nonsense Dave Mustaine pukes out?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Can you relate to the nonsense Dave Mustaine pukes out?

I think dave mustaine is a poop

but he wrote cool, creepy shit back when he was shootin heroin and into black magic and whatnot

and that's kinda why I like em, I get to see how f*cked up this dude is through his music and his scratchy ass voice projects his f*cked up-ness well
These days I can't say I have a favorite, I listen to different music for different reasons, I don't really have one band that matches all of them.
Though, American Football never seems to get old when I'm in that mood.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

Brand New is good. The only album of theirs I really like is Deja though. But I probably just haven't listened to the others enough....

Converge and La Dispute are awesome.

Blake will tell you La Dispute is shit though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

la dispute is not good so maybe that's why. >~>
Seriously, I could have sworn you were all sucking their dick less than six months ago.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
That's my favorite of theirs by far.

The other ones are only ok. Vancouver is cool since it's so short though.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Seriously, I could have sworn you were all sucking their dick less than six months ago.

You weren't there for our dick riding, and it was longer than six months ago. So suck it.

SUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK MYYYYYYYYY small COOOOCCKKKK
Quote by blake1221
You weren't there for our dick riding, and it was longer than six months ago. So suck it.

SUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK MYYYYYYYYY small COOOOCCKKKK

Well I remember you guys talking about them a lot. That was the reason I got into them. I've been here for more than six months.

Or are you talking about the B&A forums?
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

La Dispute can't have that many plays, if any

Converge is tight, though. You just have to get into that gooood shit. But you come from a metal standpoint, and it's definitely better coming from hardcore.

People think that metalcore is a blend of the two, when it's really hardcore with metal influences throughout, rather than this harmonious mixture

Quote by WCPhils
Well I remember you guys talking about them a lot. That was the reason I got into them. I've been here for more than six months.

Or are you talking about the B&A forums?

Everyone in hardcore was on their bones for a bit, and everyone fell out at right about the same time haha.

Seriously, mewithoutYou. omfg sooo good.

Wildlife is tight though, it's definitely their best. I just can't really get INTO it. y'know? Live videos of King Park definitely gave me chills, but it's assassinated by people taking that "heaven if I kill myself" line out of context and spamming it everywhere.
Last edited by blake1221 at Jan 9, 2013,
Quote by due 07
i think that even i missed most of the la dispute dick riding. :0

It was made worse for me because I discovered them as I was losing/lost my ex. Perfect storm to be ruined by OH DARLING LOVER OH CRYING RAIN RHYMES WITH PAIN Dispute.
What's with the La Dispute animosity? Y'all clearly haven't played the La Dispute drinking game: take a drink every time you hear the word 'lover'.

Anyway, I don't have a single favourite, but there's a few bands I think are way beyond the rest.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jan 9, 2013,
Absolutely not. In fact, I don't remember ever having one. I just don't look at music that way, where I compare "greatness". There are simply bands/artists, albums, and/or songs I enjoy, and those I don't. That is it. I feel like I can embrace a wider range of music that way, and it's probably part of the reason my tastes are so eclectic.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by Todd Hart
What's with the La Dispute animosity?

Anyway, I don't have a single favourite, but there's a few bands I think are way beyond the rest.

Name them.
I haven't had a favorite rock band in probably 4 years now...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Name them.

Sigur Ros, Portugal! The Man, 65daysofstatic and The Sound of Animals Fighting, atm.
The Smashing Pumpkins. For Gish, Siamese Dream, Mellon Collie and some B sides.

They make my day better regularly. Followed by the Stones, mid sixties to mid 70s.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Quote by Todd Hart
Sigur Ros, Portugal! The Man, 65daysofstatic and The Sound of Animals Fighting, atm.

Haven't heard of a single of them except Sigur Ros

What genres?
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

What genres?

Erm, well Portugal. The Man are hard to define, as are The Sound of Animals Fighting. 65dos are post-rock with a tendency towards the rock part, P.TM could be called experimental indie, and tSoAF are mathy/post-hardcore.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale

What genres?

Mostly post rock, but TSOAF is all over the place.
you and your post rock. I'm so terribly green when it comes to post rock. I really need to get into it a bit more.
65dos are about the best way to edge your way into post-rock - them and Maybeshewill - because they bridge a gap between more standard rock and post-rock. Mogwai, Sigur Ros, This Will Destroy You and Godspeed You! Black Emperor are the standards of the genre though.
Yeah, Godspeed, Sigur Ros and Mogwai are all known to me and I've heard a few albums here and there. Nothing bad at all but it just doesn't really cut it for me. Need to spend more time within this genre.