a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
Has anyone signed up?

If so, what do you think?

I got it yesterday and had a look around - it's actually pretty cool. It was Justin Timberlake who designed it and it keeps music as the primary focus, instead of all that social garbage.
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
I might check it out later. but I've signed up for far too many networky things it's getting hard to keep track of all of them :/
cat
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,303 IQ
You signed up for myspace?

Bahahahahahahaha!

Note to future self: if myspace makes a comeback, return to the date of this message and stop me from posting it.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You signed up for myspace?

Bahahahahahahaha!

Note to future self: if myspace makes a comeback, return to the date of this message and stop me from posting it.

JT better not let me down
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,303 IQ
Quote by a_7_x
JT better not let me down

I really wanted to see myself as a time traveler, but alas, I'm depending on the work of Justin Timberlake

Eh, I could cheer myself up by remembering that I didn't voluntarily sign up for a myspace account in 2013, but that offers little consolidation given the price that was paid.
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help
whoomit
1,492 IQ
If JT did it then it must be good.

I'm bringin' MySpace back
You mothafuckers don't know how to act
BlacksailsTippa
Dead Milkman
191 IQ
I went to MySpace just now to check it out, but it's still the old new myspace that sucks. Is this "new" MySpace some invite only thingamajigger?
cptcomet
Band
648 IQ
When you say Justin Timberlake designed it I just imagine him being Sean Parker.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
2,466 IQ
Quote by cptcomet
When you say Justin Timberlake designed it I just imagine him being Sean Parker.

This.
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
2,304 IQ
the new myspace is currently invite only.

new.myspace.com is where you want to go. The old myspace is still, for some reason, active.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by a_7_x
Has anyone signed up?

If so, what do you think?

I got it yesterday and had a look around - it's actually pretty cool. It was Justin Timberlake who designed it and it keeps music as the primary focus, instead of all that social garbage.

>Social garbage

Welcome to the Pit! Where being social is garbage!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
BoyLilikoi
934 IQ
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Eh, I could cheer myself up by remembering that I didn't voluntarily sign up for a myspace account in 2013, but that offers little consolidation given the price that was paid.

Consolation?
tukk04
UG's Neil Young
1,076 IQ
The problem with music/band focused sites is that it'll will have mostly bands as everyday users, without the general populous you'll be mainly just be exposing your music to other musicians who are trying to do the same.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Got a facebook and a wordpress. Don't really need another one.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
Quote by tukk04
The problem with music/band focused sites is that it'll will have mostly bands as everyday users, without the general populous you'll be mainly just be exposing your music to other musicians who are trying to do the same.

Yeah - that is a worry. But Myspace always had potential with music so this should either be a vital revival or the final nail in the coffin.

But...JT
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by a_7_x
Yeah - that is a worry. But Myspace always had potential with music so this should either be a vital revival or the final nail in the coffin.

But...JT

Do you actually really like JT?

I really do, so I hope you're not being sarcastic.
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
425 IQ
I really do. He's brilliant.

I'm sure we spoke about this before, just got deja vu.
nincompoop
UG Owner & Founder
738 IQ
I managed to get a beta invite and registered, but haven't done anything with it since then. I'm honestly kinda waiting for Facebook to die, so any more social networking, let alone Myspace, does not interest me.
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by a_7_x

But...JT

It had potential with music because it gave bands a blank page to do what they wanted and a music player to showcase their music.

But the biggest thing it had going for it in terms of music was that it allowed fans to connect with the band like never before.

The 'social garbage' was what made it work.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Ylasto
has now a cooler avatar!
106 IQ
Quote by nincompoop
I managed to get a beta invite and registered, but haven't done anything with it since then. I'm honestly kinda waiting for Facebook to die, so any more social networking, let alone Myspace, does not interest me.

When facebook dies, some other site would take over.

It's comparable to the hate against famous bubblegum pop artists.

Jonas Brothers were hated, then came Justin Bieber who everyone hated subsequently. After the hate against Justin Bieber, there is a similar hatred (albeit not as strong) against One Direction.

On topic, Myspace is probably not coming back. They should rather change their name, so the name has more of a connection to music, and so that the site would distance itself from the the old one.
DeVillains!
blake1221
‭‭
711 IQ
I have one but I haven't gone anywhere past signing up. I should probably tinker with it eventually but for now....furk it.
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,716 IQ
B-b-but... UG is my MySpace.
So tell MySpace to go screw itself. Darnit.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by a_7_x

See, that's the reason why I like it. It's not about "OMG (insert juicy rumor here)" like facebook is these days*. It's about being connected to musicians/bands.

*It's amazing how many people who have graduated high school still spread rumors on fb. Some of them are even in their late 20s and 30s and should know better.

Edit:
Quote by Lemoninfluence
The 'social garbage' was what made it work.

You still have that, just in a cleaner and more simplistic form.

Quote by Do Re Mi
Bandcamp forever.

Why not have bandcamp and mySpace?
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 9, 2013,
Lemoninfluence
Masculist
1,223 IQ
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
See, that's the reason why I like it. It's not about "OMG (insert juicy rumor here)" like facebook is these days*. It's about being connected to musicians/bands.

But then it's just a niche social network. And they don't work.

You still have that, just in a cleaner and more simplistic form.

But it's ineffective because you're not connecting with your fans/putting yourself out there to any new fans.

The social aspect of social networking is key.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.