Page 2 of 2
Meh, I just wouldn't care. I write in Double Drop B because Isis did and Drop G/Drop A# because Baroness did.
that's different though, those are just alternate tunings, the bomb string isn't just a tuning, it is torche
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
that's different though, those are just alternate tunings, the bomb string isn't just a tuning, it is torche

Bomb tune all but the top string, then. Reverse Torche. Ehcrot.
edit: ^genious

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'd rather listen to Bob Marley than most of the shit you talk about.

HEY

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Todd Hart
I reject the notion that any of their stuff isn't good!

Their new split with Touché Amoré was bland on both parties.

Lack Long was so....drab compared to Old Pride. It's not even a fair fight.

I trust also that you haven't heard their splits with The Saddest Landscape or Ezra Joyce, which I HIGHLY recommend you change that, because those are two of their best songs. Hands down.

Oh, and Houses We Die In. Listen to that as well.
Quote by Primus2112

HEY

I like Bob Marley. I don't like most of the stuff I hear you talking about. Life's a bitch that way sometimes pal. People have different tastes, show a bit of class & respect about it. If I wanted to I could probably rip apart stuff you like, but live and let live brother. I was hoping this'd be a chill happy thread to share chill happy music. Expectations too high I suppose. Or maybe I'm just too high. hehe.
kinda sad how if i say bob marley is good stoner music i get people being hostile and calling me racist names. i guess some people are just ignorant. ;(
Last edited by JamesSheasgreen at Jan 9, 2013,
Quote by JamesSheasgreen
kinda sad how if i say bob marley is good stoner music i get people being hostile and calling me racist names. ;(

Eh don't worry about it buddy, this isn't exactly the right crowd for this kind of thing. Most of the regs who gravitate to these types of threads aren't exactly "happy stoner music" kind of people. If you were to smoke with them they'd be the guy who doesn't pitch, insults your weed, deepthroats the piece, torches your bowl, then fucks off after slobbering all over your piece and smoking a bunch of your weed right after without a "thanks" or "sorry". They're dicks, basically.

Bob Marley is a bit stereotypical, granted. That doesn't necessarily mean it's bad music or anything else. Are there some annoying fans? Sure. But hell, most people in this thread fit into the "annoying fan" category of their respective favourite bands & artists. Like what you like and don't pay heed to people looking to give themselves an ego boost by acting like a pretentious and closed-minded knob looking to validate themselves through their music taste. I love some Bob Marley when I'm getting ready to start my day, my sister-in-law actually does a lot of design work for their family w/ packaging and stuff. Let 'em be dicks, just light one up and let it roll off yr shoulders. Somebody has to be the mature one, you know?

Basically, just chill man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtbSdL-JXDk
Meh, we have a mutual distaste for each other. Not much we can do about it.

EDIT: One question, though. Am I less unbearable than Fear? Because I feel like he brings the entirety of my state down on top of it's already trembling legs.
Last edited by goest at Jan 9, 2013,
Here's my two cents:
http://youtu.be/ZPa_UKVY4Rc
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Hey ass butt, you forgot to put the shostakovich in the dropbox for me

oh****

I was busy yesterday, and today
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I'll do it tomorrow. It's like 6 hours of stuff though so it might take awhile.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Primus2112

*Floor
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Some of Syd Barrett's songs can be considered stoner music but I don't know if they are very happy. The less you read about him and the less you know I assume they can be seen as rather happy and funny songs. It does get rather sad and melancholic when you know how absolutely insane and what a wreck he was though.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ws6transam
I was getting over this rejection from a girl for the last two days. I was extremely pissed (although not towards other people, just inside). I just suddenly felt happy and I feel like I'm all over it (the rejection). Does anyone want to recommend any happy music. But not gay inspirational music with gay lyrics like Daughtry or some shit like that. I was thinking happy stoner music sort of like "Hits From The Bong" by "Cypress Hill". Thanks...

I asked a girl out, the date didn't work out, I took off and went back to doing what I do that night, because I was bummed didn't mean I got a break, so I found myself working that night, and hurting, thinking whatever; Then I go into this other place I work, where I met that girl, I met some other girl, like, less than 24 hours, a younger girl, 19, and I ended up taking her back to mine and ****ing... We ****ed twice, only ever saw her twice still...

That's how I got over that, as for stoner music;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUGFhVWPOFs
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by Todd Hart
No happiness allowed here.

Here's I'll Get By by Pianos Become The Teeth, not only is it better than stoner crap, it's also incredibly joyful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35PIgmG4A8o

best post in this thread

Page 2 of 2