guitarman108
guitarman108
174 IQ
Hey guys, I recently discovered an '80s metal band called Witchfinder General and I must say they sounds great! They sounds a lot like early Sabbath. It is obvious that Sabbath is a major influence. You can feel their presence in their stuff. They are an early doom metal band. They only released two albums in the 1980s and one in '07. It's a shame they were never quite known. They are very underrated. I also found a band called Grim Reaper who was sadly not very known. I like these bands a lot and I enjoy listening to their stuff. It's great and I was just wondering if any of you guys out there know of any more bands in the '70s and '80s that never got the exposure that they deserve.
Last edited by guitarman108 at Jan 10, 2013,
Nietsche
Registered Hoover
386 IQ
Recommendation thread in the Metal forum.

Also, Manilla Road.
Iommianity
1,886 IQ
Check out:

Captain Beyond - s/t
Buffalo - Volcanic Rock
Iron Claw - s/t
Satan - Court in the Act
Angel Witch - st
arabmetallion
569 IQ
the early 80's especially is filled with great but criminally underrated bands, check these 2 out if you want, I'll definitley checkout witch-hunter general and grim reaper when I get home I gotta a class to run too lol
Savatage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_MC4ul7tXU
Omen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8CgUjGPMqA
My shitty gear:
Vox AD30VT-XL
Danelectro Fab Metal
Zoom 505 II
ESP Ltd MH-50
kertets
Banned
80 IQ
I loved Kreator when I was a young lad.
Extreme Aggression was a great early trash metal album, also loved Among The Living album by Anthrax.
guitarman108
guitarman108
174 IQ
I've really only heard of like 2 of the bands you all mentioned. Thanks loads guys. A lot of these bands really are awesome. I wonder why they were never big. I guess some were too Satanic?
Blacknoise
/-|-\
464 IQ