Page 1 of 2
sashki
6,825 IQ
Has a stranger helped you out? Share your story.

Have you helped a stranger out? Share your story.

Do you believe that boasting about a random act of kindness towards a stranger negates the effect of having done something good? Don't share your story.
K'Nuckles
The president of ass
1,898 IQ
I couldn't finish my mixed grill at the pub last week. Wrapped it up and gave it to a hobo along with a smoke... half the reason was just that I couldn't be bothered to carry it anymore though.

Edit: Oh don't share your story? Whoops.
-Retro-
1,452 IQ
A few years ago I took a class on recording studio techniques. Around this time as well my parents had made the decision that I had to use headphones with my amp. I mentioned to the instructor in between recording that I was gonna buy headphones this week down at my local music store. He pointed at the headphones I was wearing and said "Keep 'em. No charge."
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
226 IQ

That is all. Although one time I helped a little old lady with some landscaping while I was just walking up the road. I think I scared her deeply, though.
Last edited by Mudmen190 at Jan 11, 2013,
RetroGunslinger
1,060 IQ
I gave a loaf of bread to a tramp because it was blue moldy. Also at a Manowar gig I held everyones beer while they helped a guy back into his wheelchair after the security guards had fallen on him trying to stop a fight
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,828 IQ
I generally like the idea of helping out the less fortunate, but don't do it as much as I should. Though I am making plans to donate $100 to some charity soon, so that counts for something.

Quote by sashki
Has a stranger helped you out? Share your story.

Well, this one time when I was 8, I was playing junior league football and fell and had a hair line fracture on my knee cap. So then this one guy jumped the fence out of nowhere and helped me walk to the car to go to the doctor.

It was the most romantic thing I've ever seen.

No homo.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
devourke
Banned
844 IQ
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I gave a loaf of bread to a tramp because it was blue moldy.

Can mould on bread be bad for you? I'm just wondering because sometimes I make my own bread and it gets mouldy pretty fast because there are no preservatives or anything in it, but I still want to eat it because it's food.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Quote by devourke
Can mould on bread be bad for you? I'm just wondering because sometimes I make my own bread and it gets mouldy pretty fast because there are no preservatives or anything in it, but I still want to eat it because it's food.

I'm pretty sure it'll mostly just make your stomach sick if anything.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
chookiecookie
Just keep smiling
203 IQ
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Also at a Manowar gig I held everyones beer while they helped a guy back into his wheelchair after the security guards had fallen on him trying to stop a fight

That's just plain awesome.
ayy lmao
RetroGunslinger
1,060 IQ
Quote by devourke

Well I know that blue mould will make you violently sick. My dad once ate what he thought was a blueberry muffin and he was gushing out everywhere
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
sashki
6,825 IQ
Quote by devourke

Cut out the blue part and put the rest in the toaster. Or just bake smaller loaves so you can finish them before they get mouldy.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 11, 2013,
-Retro-
1,452 IQ
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Well I know that blue mould will make you violently sick. My dad once ate what he thought was a blueberry muffin and he was gushing out everywhere

I hope it was originally a muffin and not a piece of bread. Cause that'd be pretty deformed...and seriously screwed up.
katalyzt13
2,176 IQ
I quit being nice to strangers because they always act like I'm an ax murderer...my wife has since told me that in public I glare at everyone like I'm about to flip out, so that may be why...
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
1,337 IQ
Quote by sashki
Cut out the blue part and put the rest in the toaster. Or just bake smaller loaves so you can finish them before they get mouldy.
You do have to take out a substantial part of the surrounding areas though, because you get rid of the roots of the mold.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
Quote by RetroGunslinger

I'm always cautious when eating old blueberry muffins, you can never tell.
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar
1,428 IQ
Quote by jetfuel495
i always used to give money to every seemingly homeless person who asked me in the city because i felt guilty

so i stopped carrying cash and gave them granola bars instead

like seriously i was going broke

Yep, I stopped doing it because they would always rudely ask if I had more. I feel bad cause I wanna help them out but I can only give so much money/sandwiches
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
devourke
Banned
844 IQ
So what I'm gathering here, is that I need to gobble up my bread faster. ty ug, you're much cheaper than professional nutritionists.
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
Quote by devourke
So what I'm gathering here, is that I need to gobble up my bread faster. ty ug, you're much cheaper than professional nutritionists.

or cook less bread.
Arfey McFeeshy
666 IQ
I'm a janitor at an elementary school and when I was their age teachers always told us "Pick up your stuff if you don't want it swept up."

So I don't want to be an evil janiotor and sweep away little kids school supplies. So I put them on a random desk. One teacher told me that kids are always blaming others for stealing their things. Oops.
BLANKBLANK
devourke
Banned
844 IQ
Quote by So-Cal
or cook less bread.

Well what do I eat when I want bread then huh, smart guy?
VillainousLatin
UG Newbie
317 IQ
A stranger helped me recently and it was the most glorious give of all, time.

I was waiting in a queue (that's the word right?) and I have been waiting there for about two and a half hours and there were still about 40 turns before me, mind you that the two and a half hours of waiting was for roughly the same amount of turns, so I was expecting to wait there for obviously another two and a half hours.

Anyways, I was lost in thought when I felt it, the touch of an angel. I looked up and there it was, a beautiful face smiling at me, and immediately she asked, what's your turn number? I replied confused and almost zoned out. She then told me that I could have her turn number, she gave no reason, asked for nothing and didn't even stayed long enough for me to even mutter a word after having said a half assed "thank you". I look down on the turn number and I immediately felt an indescribable happiness, the turn she had given me was two turns away from the one that was currently being attended.

That girl saved me from two and a half hours of mind numbing boredness and waiting. That was two weeks ago and I still don't have a clue why she chose me to give her number, I have a couple of guesses but whatever the reason, man am I grateful to her and if I see her again I'll try to thank her properly.

I know it may seem insignificant to some but holy shit I didn't want to wait much longer, I was incredibly angry and that act turned my day around completely, probably won't ever forget it.
Last edited by VillainousLatin at Jan 11, 2013,
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
Quote by devourke
Well what do I eat when I want bread then huh, smart guy?

instant bread

just add water
devourke
Banned
844 IQ
Quote by VillainousLatin
A stranger helped me recently and it was the most glorious give of all, time.

I was waiting in a queue (that's the word right?) and I have been waiting there for about two and a half hours and there were still about 40 turns before me, mind you that the two and a half hours of waiting was for roughly the same amount of turns, so I was expecting to wait there for obviously another two and a half hours.

Anyways, I was lost in thought when I felt it, the touch of an angel. I looked up and there it was, a beautiful face smiling at me, and immediately she asked, what's your turn number? I replied confused and almost zoned out. She then told me that I could have her turn number, she gave no reason, asked for nothing and didn't even stayed long enough for me to even mutter a word after having said a half assed "thank you". I look down on the turn number and I immediately felt an indescribable happiness, the turn she had given me was two turns away from the one that was currently being attended.

That girl saved me from two and a half hours of mind numbing boredness and waiting. That was two weeks ago and I still don't have a clue why she chose me to give her number, I have a couple of guesses but whatever the reason, man am I grateful to her and if I see her again I'll try to thank her properly.

I know it may seem insignificant to some but holy shit I didn't want to wait much longer, I was incredibly angry and that act turned my day around completely, probably won't ever forget it.

She was setting you up to say "And you can have my number" ; )

Make sure you get the wink right. Wink too long and you look creepy. Wink too short and you look like you just had something in your eye. She wanted the d tho, bro.
Quote by So-Cal
instant bread

just add water

Well sure, I could eat that lower class muck, but then I wouldn't get to enjoy bread that doesn't taste like new socks mixed with yeast.
guitarxo
cat
1,649 IQ
I like helping people cuz it makes me feel good but my feeling good doesn't automatically negate what I did.

I seem to be a tourist magnet though. like I should seriously be a tour guide, every time I go out somewhere someone will always always ask me where something is and when I show them the way they start asking about the rest of their itinerary and how long I've been here and whether I've been to their country etc etc etc. This happens in non-touristy places too so yeah idk man
cat
VillainousLatin
UG Newbie
317 IQ
Quote by K'Nuckles
You missed out on some clunge, mate.

See, a lot of people are telling me this bu I doubt it. Why would she instantly turn around and walk away after handing me number? I mean I understand that she wouldn't just stand there waiting for me to make a move but I think she came with just that mission. I don't know, maybe I probably did.
K'Nuckles
The president of ass
1,898 IQ
Quote by VillainousLatin
See, a lot of people are telling me this bu I doubt it. Why would she instantly turn around and walk away after handing me number? I mean I understand that she wouldn't just stand there waiting for me to make a move but I think she came with just that mission. I don't know, maybe I probably did.

Hey chica, I wanna thank you! How about you come back to mine and you can have some o' this chiquito, puta.
devourke
Banned
844 IQ
Quote by VillainousLatin
I mean I understand that she wouldn't just stand there waiting for me to make a move but I think she came

Oh she came alright. You missed out on a sure thing, buddy.
So-Cal
Banned
264 IQ
She gave her ticket to a random stranger, doesn't mean she wants your dick.

She wanted the d bro.
Last edited by So-Cal at Jan 11, 2013,
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User
506 IQ
Has a stranger helped you out? Yes, I was at the dump getting about an acre's worth of leaves out of the back of the truck... one of the guys there came up and started helping me rake them out.

Have you helped a stranger out? Yes. Some chick needed help getting her wheelchair up a curb last week. I was basically Superman to her.

Do you believe that boasting about a random act of kindness towards a stranger negates the effect of having done something good? Not unless you're boasting to the person you just helped...
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
devourke
Banned
844 IQ
Quote by Skynyrd890
Has a stranger helped you out? Yes, I was at the dump getting about an acre's worth of leaves out of the back of the truck... one of the guys there came up and started helping me rake them out.

That number girl could have helped VillanousLatin empty his load.

Have you helped a stranger out? Yes. Some chick needed help getting her wheelchair up a curb last week. I was basically Superman to her.

VillanousLatin could have ridden that number girl up the kerb.

Do you believe that boasting about a random act of kindness towards a stranger negates the effect of having done something good? Not unless you're boasting to the person you just helped...

VillanousLatin could even have bragged about tapping that, right after tapping that, by bragging to that number girl.
VillainousLatin
UG Newbie
317 IQ
Quote by K'Nuckles
Livin' la vida loca.

Edit: What the hell were you going to be queueing 5 hours for anyway?

It was for the university, pay a few things and some other stuff. It was the last day I had to do it to so it's not like I could just come back another day and apparently half the university was as lazy as me.

Quote by devourke
That number girl could have helped VillanousLatin empty his load.

VillanousLatin could have ridden that number girl up the kerb.

VillanousLatin could even have bragged about tapping that, right after tapping that, by bragging to that number girl.

Last edited by VillainousLatin at Jan 11, 2013,