Page 3 of 4
Quote by Philip_pepper
They obviously don't bother in the Netherlands

Yes. I would rather go to the most expensive supers and get decent service and foods than walk into that store ever again.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Not sure how the ones in other countries are, but the Aldis in Germany are fantastic. There is a reason why they are hugely successful and the Aldi brothers are near the top of the richest list.

The quality is generally very good (ranging from the meat to the vegetables to packaged stuff etc etc.). As previously mentioned, they tend to have weekly deals where you get high quality items for far less than you would elsewhere. In the past in Germany this has included laptop/computers, phones, kitchen appliances and so on.

The best thing about the Aldi in Germany is that these 'cheap' brands are actually the exact same products as some high quality brands, just rebranded and different packaging. There are websites that have lists of the cheap Aldi brands and the equivalent 'well-known' products that people tend to rate higher (though it is the same thing!). Might be worth a look if they do the same in your country.

Overall, except for maybe wrongfully accusing it of having low quality items, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. And yeah, the checkout people are so fast, I always feel like I have to get my wallet out and pack extra fast as well.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
People saying the aldi food is of good quality, have no tastebuds.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
There's Aldi here too, I swear!

'It's happening again, IDK what I've seen here or what I've seen in America.... ARGH!!!!!"
Quote by laid-to-waste
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Quote by Neo Evil11
People saying the aldi food is of good quality, have no tastebuds.

Some of their stuff is pretty bad, but there are lots of things they do well. And for when you can't be arsed cooking, their pizza is pretty damn tasty.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Quote by Weaponized
Tired of these nazi supermarkets taking jobs away from AMERICANS.

Quote by solo_freak
Some of their stuff is pretty bad, but there are lots of things they do well. And for when you can't be arsed cooking, their pizza is pretty damn tasty.

They do nothing well. Down with that evil place.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
I once made a comparison between tomatoes and cucumbers from Aldi, Lidl, Real, Tegut and Rewe (the main shops over here). Tegut, Real and Rewe are a bit more expensive, have decorations and whatever stores need to have to be up to NeoEvil's standards, and everything tasted and looked exactly the same.

Now Penny, THAT'S a shitty store.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I once made a comparison between tomatoes and cucumbers from Aldi, Lidl, Real, Tegut and Rewe (the main shops over here). Tegut, Real and Rewe are a bit more expensive, have decorations and whatever stores need to have to be up to NeoEvil's standards, and everything tasted and looked exactly the same.

Your comparison is wrong. Aldi's tomatoes aren't fresh.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Your comparison is wrong. Aldi's tomatoes aren't always fresh.

Fix'd, and neither are other stores'.
There's one about 15 minutes from me. As far as I know, they're just a cheap supermarket with a lot of generic brands. I bought an Aldi brand Twix bar thing once. It was gross.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Fix'd, and neither are other stores'.

I have never seen rotting fruit at the other supermarkets.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I have never seen rotting fruit at the other supermarkets.

I was about to start defending Aldi.

Then I realised that I've never been to one, I'm thinking of Lidl.
Quote by CoreysMonster

YES! I hate Penny. You pay low prices and it still feels like you are being ripped off.

Seriously Neo, if you think Aldi is bad, avoid Penny at all costs.
Quote by Philip_pepper
YES! I hate Penny. You pay low prices and it still feels like you are being ripped off.

Seriously Neo, if you think Aldi is bad, avoid Penny at all costs.

We dont have a penny. the aldi is our worst supermarket here. I usually go to AH or Jumbo
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Aldi's great, they're cheap and the stuff's easily as good as Tesco or similar supermarkets. I'd stay away from red meat, that can be a little iffy, but otherwise they're a good cheap store.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Neo Evil11
We dont have a penny. the aldi is our worst supermarket here. I usually go to AH or Jumbo

Did Aldi **** your girlfriend or something? Jeez
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
One just opened here, i've been aware of them for a long time but hadn't actually seen one. I've yet to go in it.
Quote by element4433

He's Dutch, I think it's the fact that Aldi's German that pisses him off most.
Quote by HeavyMetalMan28
There's one about 15 minutes from me. As far as I know, they're just a cheap supermarket with a lot of generic brands. I bought an Aldi brand Twix bar thing once. It was gross.

Their chocolate bars (twix, snickers etc rip offs) are awesome.
Quote by Neo Evil11
We dont have a penny.

Tell me about it, barely got two to rub together.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
there was one in the last place i lived and at least one here. never knew is was a european franchise.

BYOB!
#DTWD
Quote by CoreysMonster
He's Dutch, I think it's the fact that Aldi's German that pisses him off most.

I'm actually moving to Germany and my worst fear is that I don't like the food. You people have different supermarkets.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I'm actually moving to Germany and my worst fear is that I don't like the food. You people have different supermarkets.

If you are you should certainly give Aldi another try. I mean you get high quality products elsewhere easily, but as I said before, Aldi sells A LOT of items that are high quality brands just repackaged. There are lists of those products you can look up online.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Quote by Canne
If you are you should certainly give Aldi another try. I mean you get high quality products elsewhere easily, but as I said before, Aldi sells A LOT of items that are high quality brands just repackaged. There are lists of those products you can look up online.

Do you think I am stupid? When you say: jump off a bridge, it is safe. I will not fcking do it.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Do you think I am stupid? When you say: jump off a bridge, it is safe. I will not fcking do it.

Not every Aldi will be like the one you went in.
________ A
________C
________E
________!
Quote by Neo Evil11
I'm actually moving to Germany

Why would you do that? They have substantially less wooden clogs.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
Why would you do that? They have substantially less wooden clogs.

lol
education, new environment and better jobs.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by element4433

Who hasn't ****ed his girlfriend? Bitch is the town bike.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Neo Evil11
lol
education, new environment and better jobs.

but the clogs...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by TunerAddict
but the clogs...

I will take them with me. Couldn't go without my pink Clogs.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Dude, don't worry about German food. I went to the Netherlands, and your toast tastes exactly the same as our toast. Your chips taste exactly the same. Your beer is shitty, sure, but we welcome you to the warm bosom of the Deutsches Reinheitsgebot.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Dude, don't worry about German food. I went to the Netherlands, and your toast tastes exactly the same as our toast. Your chips taste exactly the same. Your beer is shitty, sure, but we welcome you to the warm bosom of the Deutsches Reinheitsgebot.

It is the vegetarian food I am worried about
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
They had them for a while here. Aldi, as well as Lidl (which is another German-based shop) are the tits.
Quote by Neo Evil11
It is the vegetarian food I am worried about

Oh, then don't worry about that, either. Tegut is the go-to vegetable store with tons of organic stuff, if you're into that. If not, then Real is just as good. Really, Lidl and Aldi are pretty much the same, and despite what Dutch Aldis are like, they're really decent over here.

And stay the fuck away from Penny. I swear to god, I have yet to find a vegetable that doesn't look diseased or rotten there.
I've never been to one. Not because i don't like the look of it, it's just that the closest places to me are Sainsburies and Tesco.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
There's a similar discount grocery chain springing up in my city now called Bottom Dollar Food. They sell most of their stuff pretty cheap and have a few decent brands, too, but you have to provide your own shopping bags and selection is generally limited.

Maybe people are upset that their low prices might put local grocers out of business. Are there still actual local grocers in the first place?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Oh, then don't worry about that, either. Tegut is the go-to vegetable store with tons of organic stuff, if you're into that. If not, then Real is just as good. Really, Lidl and Aldi are pretty much the same, and despite what Dutch Aldis are like, they're really decent over here.

And stay the fuck away from Penny. I swear to god, I have yet to find a vegetable that doesn't look diseased or rotten there.

How strange that we have none of your stores here in the Netherlands, apart from Aldi. Sounds like someone is constraining competition.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by flame843
There's a similar discount grocery chain springing up in my city now called Bottom Dollar Food. They sell most of their stuff pretty cheap and have a few decent brands, too, but you have to provide your own shopping bags and selection is generally limited.

Maybe people are upset that their low prices might put local grocers out of business. Are there still actual local grocers in the first place?

**** local groceries, it's not like they make the food anyway
There's an Aldi near me. They carry some nice Scandinavian food that I can't buy anywhere else but I wouldn't do a full grocery shop there. Nothing is in any kind of order so you end up pacing around the shop looking for things that logic would dictate would be stacked near each other but aren't.

They sometimes do really good deals though. A few years ago they were selling really high-spec computers for something like £300. People were queuing outside to get them before they opened.