Page 3 of 11
Quote by Robbgnarly
Thank for that
Most of the regulars have been playing guitar longer than you've been out of diapers

I really doubt that
What the hell!!!
Quote by LP1951
Ad hominem insults are indicative of a weak juvenile who cannot articulate his opinion and gets mad when an alternative opinion is expressed. Since the juvenile is incapable of expressing himself intelligently, he resorts to insults which are a violation of forum rules.

That's pretty much what most of the mods do
What the hell!!!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by danvwman
I really doubt that

Best just to ignore the juveniles. Their silly childish rants are a waste of time. I don't even read their garbage after they expose themselves as ignorant juveniles who can't express themselves intelligently and can only to resort to insults.
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
Last edited by LP1951 at Jan 13, 2013,
This thread:

It was a potentially cool thread too.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by LP1951
Ad hominem insults are indicative of a weak juvenile who cannot articulate his opinion and gets mad when an alternative opinion is expressed. Since the juvenile is incapable of expressing himself intelligently, he resorts to insults which are a violation of forum rules.

How old are you? Just out of interest.

I tried having a conversation with you, but you just kept posting the same paragraph that didn't do anything other than make you look like you'd jammed 'shift-V' on your keyboard down with dribble.

Quote by LP1951
Best just to ignore the juveniles. Their silly childish rants are a waste of time. I don't even read their garbage after they expose themselves as ignorant juveniles who can express themselves intelligently and can only to resort to insults.

All I did was ask you a question, which you failed several times to answer.

You don't know who I am or what I do outside of this forum, I'm not a juvenile and considering what I do in my spare time and around my education probably elavates me about the average 22 year old. So don't the age card. That's neither here nor there.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jan 13, 2013,
Quote by danvwman
I really doubt that

Most of the guys on her that are regulare are 26ish to 50. I've been playing since 1994, I think that I have a damn good grasp on these matters

Now I can under stand the not every guitar is for everyone. I personally do not care for Ibanez guitars, but they are not a bad company by any means.
I have owned several Gibson LP studios and they are great guitars with good build quality. Gibson has a habit of diong poor set-ups at the factory, but there build quality is very good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by danvwman
Most of the "regulars" here are morons and attack peoples opinions and then get the ret of the mods to gang up on people. And usually it happens to posters that have valid points.

I think most of the "regulars'" opinions suck and that's why I joined in the first place.

There is good advice floating around here but it mainly comes from non-moderators.

i have no idea who you are,

but it's hard enough trying to read through this thread, without having to wade through posts like yours.

if you have a problem with how the site is run, perhaps
you should pm a moderator and voice your concerns there.

i consider myself a "regular" and i take offense to all your posts in this thread.
edit:
I'm looking and see you have a problem with all the mods?
whatever.

edit 2: i got so turned around i forgot to comment on the actual topic.
I really dont think it makes sense to specifically classify guitars by such strict terms.

dont try to put these creations into a mold, it's limiting for no reason.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 13, 2013,
Quote by jj1565
i have no idea who you are,

but it's hard enough trying to read through this thread, without having to wade through posts like yours.

if you have a problem with how the site is run, perhaps
you should pm a moderator and voice your concerns there.

i consider myself a "regular" and i take offense to all your posts in this thread.
edit:
I'm looking and see you have a problem with all the mods?
whatever.

Don't waist you time Jen
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
It appears that the reason Ibanez Guitars are so popular is primarily a result of the innovative design of their trems and the use of Dimarzio pups.
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
Anyone here had experience with the Cort Vivas series? Theres one on my local kijijifor $150 with EMG's and a Floyd.

Looks like a good deal on paper. Should I go for it?
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Quote by Robbgnarly
Don't waist you time Jen

i'm just trying to embrace EG.
each year gets harder and harder.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by Charvel1995
Anyone here had experience with the Cort Vivas series? Theres one on my local kijijifor $150 with EMG's and a Floyd.

Looks like a good deal on paper. Should I go for it?

it does seem pretty diecent on paper, but you might want to try it out before you buy it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
This is why I rarely venture outside of GG&A and GB&C. It's just a head****.

The only guitars that are superstrats are ones identical to Eddy's? Change your medication, son, your brain isn't functioning properly.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

The only guitars that are superstrats are ones identical to Eddy's? Change your medication, son, your brain isn't functioning properly.

lol. According to TOM1.0

Cath could you post a pic of you 29 fretter please I have a 27 fret Californian. Not as cool as what you got
What the hell!!!
Quote by Robbgnarly
it does seem pretty diecent on paper, but you might want to try it out before you buy it.

The pickups in it are worth at least that much, if they are indeed EMG's, its hard to tell from the pictures.

24 frets, pearl bird inlays, and the last 4 frets looked scalloped. I'll check it out this week, hopefully I can take it home with me.
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Emg Select aren't proper EMGs buddy, more like Duncan Designed.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb

It's a neck through with a sculptured back so that I can actually get to those top frets. Not that I use them a lot but they are fun to have available.
Those are EMG 85 and SA pups. I put EMG's in it because it is a gigging guitar and EMG's rock on stage.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Didn't notice the select part. Ooops, there was three or four different posts of this exact same guitar from the same guy.

Still, for $150, it can't be that bad.
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Quote by Charvel1995
Didn't notice the select part. Ooops, there was three or four different posts of this exact same guitar from the same guy.

Still, for $150, it can't be that bad.

a cheap floyd guitar?

it might be really bad.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

http://youtu.be/FONN-0uoTHI

Superstrats are possibly my favorite style guitars. My Aria Pro II Excel series goes from balls to the wall metal mayhem (courtesy of an Iron Gear Steamhammer in the bridge) to chimey cleans with is subtle neck and middle pups.

Versatility is the name of the game, so great for just picking up and noodling when I don't know what kinda mood im in.

Quote by Cathbard

The only guitars that are superstrats are ones identical to Eddy's...

Obviously that is not the case. Most informed guitarists consider late 80s Kramers, Jacksons and Ibanez the best SuperStrats.

There is a reason that Ibanez now dominates the SuperStrat market.

Here's an article that discusses the best SuperStrat designs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstrat
Quote by Wesbanez

Superstrats are possibly my favorite style guitars. My Aria Pro II Excel series goes from balls to the wall metal mayhem (courtesy of an Iron Gear Steamhammer in the bridge) to chimey cleans with is subtle neck and middle pups.

Versatility is the name of the game, so great for just picking up and noodling when I don't know what kinda mood im in.

Beautiful SS!
Quote by Cathbard

It's a neck through with a sculptured back so that I can actually get to those top frets. Not that I use them a lot but they are fun to have available.
Those are EMG 85 and SA pups. I put EMG's in it because it is a gigging guitar and EMG's rock on stage.

Cool!
Quote by jj1565
a cheap floyd guitar?

it might be really bad.

Could be, but if I try it and it plays well, there isn't much harm in buying it.

I think they go for around $400 new, thereabouts anyway, Ibanez S421 price range ish.

If the quality is good I might pick it up.

What should I look at in terms of the Floyd, like, checking for damage and astuff
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

use the floyd pull ups and dive bombs and see if it returns to pitch
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by danvwman
lol. According to TOM1.0

So that's his problem. His mind is stuck back in 1978 and he thinks that one functional pup guitar that EVH admittedly didn't know how to wire properly is the end-all and be-all of SuperStrats. What a Joke!
Quote by Robbgnarly
use the floyd pull ups and dive bombs and see if it returns to pitch

Alright, anything else to look for? In terms of the knife edges (thats what they're called, right?) and springs?

I would imagine if I pull up too much, or dive too much, then the strings are just going to lose sustain from being so slack.

I wanna go into this being as prepared as possible.
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

I really like my Kramer Focus 3000 (only the pickups are to weak for my tastes) and the Kramer Pacer(?) that my guitar teacher owns. The necks aren't too thin or too thick. They feel buttery smooth to play, and are quite comfortable to play. I can see why they were big in the 1980s.

Quote by JustRooster
Are super strats like regular strats, but with laser beams and stuff?

Or it can be like my superstrat. It can be a multi-millionaire who is trained in martial arts and fights crime at night in a batsuit.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Last edited by aerosmithfan95 at Jan 13, 2013,
Quote by danvwman
lol. According to TOM1.0

Cath could you post a pic of you 29 fretter please I have a 27 fret Californian. Not as cool as what you got

Quote by LP1951

So that's his problem. His mind is stuck back in 1978 and he thinks that one functional pup guitar that EVH admittedly didn't know how to wire properly is the end-all and be-all of SuperStrats. What a Joke!

Are you both morons?

I just spent 2 ****ing pages arguing with you both that a guitar didn't have to be identical to Eddies or have a trem to be a Super Strat.

Jesus Christ. Learn to read and not just stare at the screen.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Jan 13, 2013,
^ yeah... i'm just reading the thread with a permanent "WTF?" face on. They make a stupid point... we argue with it... and then they somehow turn it round to our having made the point? Jeez.

Quote by Cathbard

love the colour on that cath (and the rest of the guitar too, but i like colours )

Quote by Wesbanez
http://youtu.be/FONN-0uoTHI

lol at ron burgundy

very nice aria- i saw it before in another thread (I think). not to derail the thread too much (LOL that ship's already sailed), but how's the steam hammer? do you just have the stock neck and middle pickups?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 13, 2013,
I used to use an Ibanez RG but I eventually concluded that the necks were just a bit too thin for my tastes and I changed to a Jackson SL3. The Jackson is excellent, though for the price, the setup from the factory was absolutely woeful. I prefer an H-H design so I may change it to a different Soloist in the future. I'm tempted with the Jackson SL2Q but I'd be giving up a Japanese Soloist for a one that's now made in Korea. Overall, the Jackson Soloist is my favourite superstrat.

I'd love to say the PRS SE Torero as I really like PRS guitars but for me, the Torero comes with too many flaws.

1) No inlays. I really don't like having no inlays, especially when PRS inlays are so good.
2) EMG pickups. I REALLY prefer passives.
3) No option of a quilted maple top instead of flame.
4) The feel of the neck isn't quite as good as my Jackson, though I suppose I'd get used to that.

If they fixed the first three, I'd consider a Torero instead of a Soloist but for now, I'll stick with Jackson.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I like the Torreo too but I think you're right to prefer the Jackson.

Though mainly because I found the CE24 would do all the things the Torreo can do, but is MIA and the PRS trems are awesome.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Charvel1995
Could be, but if I try it and it plays well, there isn't much harm in buying it.

I think they go for around $400 new, thereabouts anyway, Ibanez S421 price range ish.

If the quality is good I might pick it up.

What should I look at in terms of the Floyd, like, checking for damage and astuff

like said, make sure the guitar's bridge can be balanced with use.
that the guitar is basically buzz free thru the amp.
check intonation and have a look that the truss rod nut isnt stripped.

Quote by Tom 1.0
Are you both morons?

I just spent 2 ****ing pages arguing with you both that a guitar didn't have to be identical to Eddies or have a trem to be a Super Strat.

Jesus Christ. Learn to read and not just stare at the screen.

dude they have to be a couple of nubs, messing with you.
unless that was your UG twin posting all those guitar
pics on page one.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I really like my Kramer Focus 3000 (only the pickups are to weak for my tastes) and the Kramer Pacer(?) that my guitar teacher owns. The necks aren't too thin or too thick. They feel buttery smooth to play, and are quite comfortable to play. I can see why they were big in the 1980s.

Yes, the late 80s Kramer necks are my favorites, Not quite as thick as my Tele necks and not too thin like Ibanez necks.
like said, make sure the guitar's bridge can be balanced with use.
that the guitar is basically buzz free thru the amp.
check intonation and have a look that the truss rod nut isnt stripped.
QUOTE]

Balanced as in the Floyd sits evenly across the body, one side isn't higher than the other?

As for the locking nut, what should I look for there?
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Balanced as in the Floyd sits evenly across the body, one side isn't higher than the other?

As for the locking nut, what should I look for there?

yep. that the bridge is smooth with use, that the guitar can hold a tune with use.

as for the locking nut?
that the screws at the nut (or bridge) aren't stripped.

and if you fret the guitar between the 2nd-3rd frets that the string doesn't rest on the 1st fret.

see if he has the allen wrenches he uses on the guitar?

and ask if he has an amp that you can try it on.
if not, then bring one if you can.

things like that.

actually, ive got a tutorial in the sticky at the top of the page might help. hang on...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675

post #6.
but be careful, the thread was put there by regulars, and you know how stupid those guys are.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yep. that the bridge is smooth with use, that the guitar can hold a tune with use.

as for the locking nut?
that the screws at the nut (or bridge) aren't stripped.

and if you fret the guitar between the 2nd-3rd frets that the string doesn't rest on the 1st fret.

see if he has the allen wrenches he uses on the guitar?

and ask if he has an amp that you can try it on.
if not, then bring one if you can.

things like that.

actually, ive got a tutorial in the sticky at the top of the page might help. hang on...

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675

post #6.
but be careful, the thread was put there by regulars, and you know how stupid those guys are.

Thanks Jenny!

I've gone to test out guitars before, so I'm comfortable with that, but I've never tested one out with a Floyd, not a used on anyway.

I'll let you know how everything goes.

Why would anyone listen to regulars, they're all tools that don't have anything helpful to say.. (;
Main Rig:

Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Quote by Charvel1995
Thanks Jenny!

I've gone to test out guitars before, so I'm comfortable with that, but I've never tested one out with a Floyd, not a used on anyway.

I'll let you know how everything goes.

Why would anyone listen to regulars, they're all tools that don't have anything helpful to say.. (;

yep, good luck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62