Page 4 of 11
Quote by jj1565
i got so turned around i forgot to comment on the actual topic.
I really dont think it makes sense to specifically classify guitars by such strict terms.

dont try to put these creations into a mold, it's limiting for no reason.

that is exactly the elitist BS attitude this new class of unbiased and honest forum posters is trying to counter argue.

thx for proving ALL of their points jenny!
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
that is exactly the elitist BS attitude this new class of unbiased and honest forum posters is trying to counter argue.

thx for proving ALL of their points jenny!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Okay, this thread has gotten ridiculous.

Wikipedia is not king. It's absurd to try to adhere to some arbitrary, strict definition of what a superstrat is. If you don't think a guitar being discussed is a superstrat, ignore it.

This can be an interesting thread, but if it's all going to be ridiculous arguing about the definition of the term "superstrat," I'll just close it.

Quote by danvwman
That's pretty much what most of the mods do

Is this serious? Please find one post where any mods, including myself, have treated someone that way in EG.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
If you close it I can make a sensible one later?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Okay, this thread has gotten ridiculous.

Wikipedia is not king. It's absurd to try to adhere to some arbitrary, strict definition of what a superstrat is. If you don't think a guitar being discussed is a superstrat, ignore it.

This can be an interesting thread, but if it's all going to be ridiculous arguing about the definition of the term "superstrat," I'll just close it.

Is this serious? Please find one post where any mods, including myself, have treated someone that way in EG.

This was an interesting thread until the juveniles started posting personal insults when others didn't agree with their opinions. I have learned a lot from this thread about many different SuperStrats. It would be nice not to have to sift through all the juvenile insults.

The problem in all threads is that some posters resort to insults rather than just stating their opinion.

Personal attacks and insults are against forum rules, aren't they? Why aren't posters who call others "morons" admonished?
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
Quote by LP1951
This was an interesting thread until the juveniles started posting personal insults when others didn't agree with their opinions. I have learned a lot from this thread about many different SuperStrats. It would be nice not to have to sift through all the juvenile insults.

The problem in all threads is that some posters resort to insults rather than just stating their opinion.

Personal attacks and insults are against forum rules, aren't they? Why aren't posters who call others "morons" admonished?

I appreciate the fact that you've kept personal insults out of it (other than condescendingly using phrases like "juvenile," but I'm sure you see no fault in that), but you were just as important to the argument. You don't call people "just wrong" repeatedly, citing wiki as a source, when it's something as arbitrary and silly as a strict definition of the word "superstrat" and not expect to get an argument.

If being called a moron truly offended you, you should have reported it when it happened rather than blowing up my inbox with the reports now.

When I admonish someone, it is through the warning system, and not only do you have no idea who I've warned and haven't warned, but it's none of your business, frankly.

Let me be clear: This discussion ends now, or the thread will be closed and warnings actually will be given.

Please stop reporting posts from this thread, as well. I have read the entire thread.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^No problem.

I'll work on not being condescending.
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
It would be interesting to hear comparisons of the Floyd Rose and the Ibanez Edge Trems from those who have owned both types of guitars.
My superstrat.

1 pick-up and 1 volume. All that is needed for its purpose.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Probably time for quiet time now Tom

Quote by Dave_Mc
very nice aria- i saw it before in another thread (I think). not to derail the thread too much (LOL that ship's already sailed), but how's the steam hammer? do you just have the stock neck and middle pickups?

Yeah neck and middle are stock, fairly low output but noiseless (cleaner than a Vicars driving license). That pic I posted was taken the day I got the guitar but the stock bridge humbucker was terrible and microphonic to boot.

I absolutely love the Steam hammer and prefer it for most metal stuff over my other guitars with Blackouts and EMGs, respectively. Imagine a slightly hotter Dimarzio SD. Its very dynamic, really great sounding in all honesty. Seriously, for £25, you should try one.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Most of the guys on her that are regulare are 26ish to 50. I've been playing since 1994, I think that I have a damn good grasp on these matters

Now I can under stand the not every guitar is for everyone. I personally do not care for Ibanez guitars, but they are not a bad company by any means.
I have owned several Gibson LP studios and they are great guitars with good build quality. Gibson has a habit of diong poor set-ups at the factory, but there build quality is very good.

Dear god man, you've been playing since before I was born, and I'm a sophomore in highschool, I hope you feel old .
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by LP1951
It would be interesting to hear comparisons of the Floyd Rose and the Ibanez Edge Trems from those who have owned both types of guitars.

If somebody else asks I'm happy to contribute.

As it is I'll just enjoy my warning that I'm currently nursing.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Viban
Dear god man, you've been playing since before I was born, and I'm a sophomore in highschool, I hope you feel old .

I have a daughter in high school. Yeah I am getting old, but I 'll rock you young guys under the table
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I have a daughter in high school. Yeah I am getting old, but I 'll rock you young guys under the table
Then lets get started.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
Then lets get started.

Get started? I've been doing this for years
I might be getting old, but I still play in a Hardcore/Punk band called Teabaggin and I also play in a Prog-Metal band called Kill the Elite. Hell we even tour at least 3 times a year
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
this thread is proof that les paul threads are more civilized.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Robbgnarly
Get started? I've been doing this for years
I might be getting old, but I still play in a Hardcore/Punk band called Teabaggin and I also play in a Prog-Metal band called Kill the Elite. Hell we even tour at least 3 times a year

Sounds like a fun time, I'd be glad to have a reliable gigging band, as of now Me and a friend just joined a different friend deathcore band because we both need the money, plus I figure it'd be good to get some shows under my belt before I do any shows playing music that I like. First band experience so far so I'm hoping it'll be ok.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.

It would also be interesting to hear comparisons of the Duncan pups used in Kramers and other SuperStrats and the Dimarzios used in Ibanez guitars.
I think we're all missing one huge detail here: That picture of the Strat with the superman logo. That's freaking cool.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Jan 13, 2013,
Quote by Viban
Sounds like a fun time, I'd be glad to have a reliable gigging band, as of now Me and a friend just joined a different friend deathcore band because we both need the money, plus I figure it'd be good to get some shows under my belt before I do any shows playing music that I like. First band experience so far so I'm hoping it'll be ok.

You will not make too much money playing originals. You do it because you like music. Now I could pay my bills no-problems if I only played in a cover band 200+ a man a nite is not too shabby
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
You will not make too much money playing originals. You do it because you like music. Now I could pay my bills no-problems if I only played in a cover band 200+ a man a nite is not too shabby

I don't particularly enjoy the music, but We get $5 a head for each ticket we sell, and we usually get at least a hundred. I'm actually more into getting some on-stage experience though, I'm not particularly rattled by crowds but I figured it can't hurt to try a couple.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Super duper Strat.

Do you still have your TA7?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
no you idiots. that's a baritone. TRICK QUESTION

what about this guy.

Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Oh god

Glad to you do. Even if you don't play it much, such a stunner.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The guitar is pink, and the walls are green or yellow or something.

My eyes hurt.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Min are you colour blind?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
No I guess not

Does the fact you have the RG550 still mean you figured out Floyd's?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I bet that's the truth too lol

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^^

Quote by Wesbanez

Yeah neck and middle are stock, fairly low output but noiseless (cleaner than a Vicars driving license). That pic I posted was taken the day I got the guitar but the stock bridge humbucker was terrible and microphonic to boot.

I absolutely love the Steam hammer and prefer it for most metal stuff over my other guitars with Blackouts and EMGs, respectively. Imagine a slightly hotter Dimarzio SD. Its very dynamic, really great sounding in all honesty. Seriously, for £25, you should try one.

thanks

yeah i would except i need to practise soldering first
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Don't own either one anymore. Superstrat days are over for me. On to Gibson Historics.

E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i win

a real superstrat is something you build out of parts.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 13, 2013,
^In a way, yes. I like that color.

A few of my "superstrats"

I just got a 89 Yamaha rgx620s recently with a sweet trem on it. Its got needle bearings and a pitch rise adjustment on it. Stays in tune for weeks. 24 fret neck with a 24 3/4 scale, HH. Very odd guitar. Scale is too short for my size, my right hand feels weird on it.

Got it for $60

Then I found a 89 Epiphone by Gibson by Samik strat with shark tooth inlays, 22 fret 25 1/2 scale with a hockey stick head SSH. The singles mount in the body, no pickgaurd. Cant find much about this one at all.

Got that for $40, unfortunately the original "bender" trem casting was junk and just crumbled away. Got a new take off Jackson Floyd for $50 and installed a Superdistortion at the bridge and a S2 at the neck. It is currently my favorite player even though it is plywood. And its my first Dimarzio, love it.

And a few months ago a coworker found a Squier HM3 HSH in the garbage at his apartment complex and gave it to me. All original and in working condition almost mint :0. Its that cool red/blue crackle finish with a Ibanez tapered body. Plays really good too.
What the hell!!!
My strats are not very super.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86