benlevinmusic
21 IQ
Hello,

I graduated from Berklee College of Music and do music for a living. I am new to Ultimate-Guitar and was hoping to share some of what I learned in school with you. Here is a video of a technique and musical example that allows you to make beautiful textures on guitar without effects: http://youtu.be/9c56SC3Ub1g

I'd love to get your feedback!
-Ben
Junior#1
Is SouTaicho Yamamoto-san
238 IQ
Cool story bro. Too bad it's all bullshit and your link is garbage.

*REPORTED*
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
benlevinmusic
21 IQ
Hold on, did I do something wrong? Why do you think my link is garbage or that I'm lying about something?
benlevinmusic
21 IQ
Hold on, did I do something wrong? Why do you think my link is garbage or that I'm lying about something?
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.
1,670 IQ
Quote by benlevinmusic
Hello,

I graduated from Berklee College of Music and do music for a living. I am new to Ultimate-Guitar and was hoping to share some of what I learned in school with you. Here is a video of a technique and musical example that allows you to make beautiful textures on guitar without effects: http://youtu.be/9c56SC3Ub1g

I'd love to get your feedback!
-Ben

Unlike Junior I actually kind of like the lesson; you start with a sound which is entirely unlike most guitar lessons and something I think we should be aiming for more often.

That said... this should have been reported anyway. The rules here don't allow just posting links to lessons; it's seen as advertising since the site has its own lessons section where you can submit your lessons. If you want to post links to your lessons in response to questions or whatever that's fine but essentially arbitrarily posting... sorry, against the rules.

Also, your link didn't work when it was originally posted. I'm really not sure why but I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that you'd doubled the URL tags around the link.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Album.
Legion.
benlevinmusic
21 IQ
Thanks a lot for clarifying that and helping me get the link right. From now on I will only post lessons in the lessons section.