I'm looking for either a combo amp or a recommended head/cabnet set up for a half stack with all tubes of course. I've been playing smaller to mid range venues and aspire to play bigger venues so I'm looking for an amp to last me a while. When it comes down to it I just really want the amp to show the true tone of my guitar and let all of the gain/distortion effects to come from my pedal set up. My range is anywhere between 500-1000$. Any suggestions will help, thanks.
What sort of stuff do you want to play?
What current gear do you have?
Willing to go used?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I like to play modern day rock n roll so i play from clean to cranked up and sometimes throw in fuzz as well. Right now I have a jekyll and hyde od/dist pedal, a fuzz face, and a cry baby wah. I may do used, but I prefer to buy it new.
Peavey Classic 50 2x12 or a Orange Thunder/Rocker 30.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Wouldn't the classic 50 be better for classic rock though?
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Not necessarily. IMO, for the price, it's one of the most versatile amps on the market. Granted you'd need an overdrive to delve into the heavier side of things, but out of the box they're pretty fantastic for most genres.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I feel like either a silverface Fender or a Vox AC30 would fit the bill rather well. I know you want to go new, but you can get an awesome deal on some SF Twins and they are amazing platforms for pedals.
Le Gear
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Ibanez AM93
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange AD30
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H
'72 Fender Vibrosonic Reverb

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"