Page 2 of 3
Quote by gunsnroses#1
One week before the show, however, the Rhythm guitarist decides we're going to do a totally different second song (Cemetery Gates) and that he was going to do the solos. The drummer, for whatever reason, had his back. I, seeing that there was no way we could perfect the song in a month let alone a week, just left.

A lot of times, even though it may be hard to do, leaving a band is the best option. If a band doesn't click within the first couple months or so, it's probably not going to.
I have a good one for you guys.

I was in a ska band that was borderline famous down in LA. We were getting asked to play Whiskey A Go-Go and the Roxy and places like that. Not headlining gigs, but still, the venues were asking us to play.

My drummer and I were pretty good friends. Back in August we decided to get an apartment together. In late September we were going to play our biggest show at the Whiskey with The Untouchables, a pretty big ska band from the 80's. We were opening for them. Like, we played our set, then The Untouchables played. LA has an up-and-coming ska scene and the show was reported to be sold out.

The night, well morning as it was about 12:30 in the morning, my drummer told everyone that I took between $300-$700 from our band fund that we kept in the apartment. Everyone in the band turned on me, so I had no friends. I was kicked out of my apartment and now I owe Whiskey $780.

The silver lining is that everyone that was in the band came around after my drummer decided to cut ties with everyone. So now I at least have my friends back and, equally as important, a band again.

You think you know some people.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So, record everything yourself. Get yourself into the recording forums here on UG. Then, check out the stickies. You can easily get a good starting recording setup for a couple hundred. Learn basic mixing and record all your songs. Maybe create a bandcamp or a myspace (new myspace is all music-based, fyi) or whatever.

Quite honestly, I would love to get into recording my own stuff. I just have no knowledge of it whatsoever. Thanks though man, I will definitely check this out.
Quote by -Retro-
Quite honestly, I would love to get into recording my own stuff. I just have no knowledge of it whatsoever. Thanks though man, I will definitely check this out.

I have very little knowledge of it either. But you can gain that knowledge; the recording forum is a great place to start.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I have very little knowledge of it either. But you can gain that knowledge; the recording forum is a great place to start.

If you haven't heard of Tweakheads lab, he has a lot of good info, even though some is a little dated.

Sorry I meant to quote the other guy but if you would like a good read feel welcome to, sam.
Quote by tukk04
If you haven't heard of Tweakheads lab, he has a lot of good info, even though some is a little dated.

Sorry I meant to quote the other guy but if you would like a good read feel welcome to, sam.

Hell, why not? Retro can look it up too. Thanks for the advice, man.

Anyway, my one band experience was basically me and two buddies in high school. My one buddy owned a bass and an acoustic guitar. He couldn't really play bass worth shit (because he wanted to be a rhythm guitarist) and his guitar technique was terrible because he always played his acoustic like it was an electric and picked incredibly hard, etc. The drummer was good, but he was kind of a jerk sometimes. Now, I wasn't very good either at the time, but I was the only one who really felt like doing serious stuff. Mostly, we got together and jammed to Modest Mouse or to Metallica songs. Or whatever. Occasionally, me and the other guitarist actually wrote original riffs. Although, usually, he wrote a riff, and I turn it into a song or a verse part or whatever. We never did anything with our work though.
But I kept all of the stuff I wrote (because hell, I fucking wrote it). I've now revised it all like a hundred times and plan to self-record some of it.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 13, 2013,
Driving out of town for unpaid gigs
Walking the streets (in the cold) until 3AM for no reason (all bars are closed)
Paying good money for nice rehearsal space then having to endure multiple smoke breaks (in the cold)
The person who insists on being the frontman but has the least passion/dedication and doesn't learn songs
The singer who can't sing, let alone speak passable English (the rest of the band's language)
Fat guy farting into the microphone (had to throw it out)
Vehicles breaking down at night and waiting hours (in the cold) to find out no towtruck drivers are available in the biggest city in the state
Any time I played in a metalcore band

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I've haven't had much band experience, but I do remember when I was forced to start a band in General Music class for a project. It was three other girls. We had to pick a song and perform it in front of the entire class, lipsyncing was optional, but we got more points if we played actual instruments. Thankfully, we all knew how to play an instrument of some kind. I was strapped down with playing the drums, since I was the only one in the group who knew how to play.

We all looked through what kind of music we listened to, and agreed to play Daylight by Matt & Kim. No one sang, one guitarist played the chord progression while the other guitarist and key player played the keyboard melody. I gave everyone a copy of the song, and they all learned their parts. Well, the keyboardist revealed, on the day of the performance, that she actually had no idea how to play. And that she wanted to perform a different song.

What song? Well, she wanted to play a song by the R&B group TLC, from their album CrazySexyCool. Now, I grew up with my mom listening to them, but it was sort of a bitch move to spring this on us on the day that we were slated to perform. It was time for us to get up, and instead of playing, she stood there like a dumbass and complained, loudly, throughout the entire song, that my drumset was too loud. I wanted to strangle her. We got a decent grade, but our teacher revealed that it was not as good as we would've gotten had all the band members cooperated.
My last band sacked me while I was in hospital, and made off with my Marshall Mode 4, now I'm a loose cannon guitarist with a thirst for revenge

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
Only real bad experience was that our guitarist was a bit of a jerk. Would say he wanted you to write a song and then wouldn't pay attention when you tried to teach him it. Would book gigs half way up the UK so we'd have to drive for 4 hours just to get there, wasn't the worlds BEST guitarist, that kinda thing. Normal stuff. Nice guy in every other way.

The worst part of it was that we had to call it quits cuz members just couldn't deal with the attitude any more. We were getting support slots with Don Broco (just prior to them blowing up here in the UK.) We did pretty well for our selves considering we were only together for 13 months.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by TheFly_1990
My last band sacked me while I was in hospital, and made off with my Marshall Mode 4, now I'm a loose cannon guitarist with a thirst for revenge

Hey, at least you have a rectifier now
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Hey, at least you have a rectifier now

I always had a rectifier, it's just a case of I loved having the Mode 4 as a studio amp

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
I have a story.

This was about a year ago. I got asked to play in a band as a replacement guitarist. Things went well for a few months and then for no readily apparent reason I got kicked out. The other guitarist in the band was a total douchebag though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V (Duncan Quarter Pounds + Hipshot Kickass)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by AcidParadox
It was time for us to get up, and instead of playing, she stood there like a dumbass and complained, loudly, throughout the entire song, that my drumset was too loud.

Reminds me of the lead singer in my band. She would complain all the time that everything was so loud. Then I turned our 100w Fender combo amp to 10 and just strummed one power chord.
Well in my high school band we had 3 guys (including me) who didn't take ourselves very seriously and the drummer was uber serious about everything, must have been hell for him, he wanted to book gigs and whatnot and we just sat around in his garage, drinking and playing early Metallica stuff as loud as we could.

Now though, I'm in a metalcore band with a another guitar player who comes from "real" metal like me and three scene kids.... I do most of the writing, but it's annoying when we put together a complex instrumental section or whatever and the other guys are like, "Nah bro, don't wanna learn all that, just replace it with a really br00tal breakdown"
Not being in one
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Black Mustangs
Now though, I'm in a metalcore band with a another guitar player who comes from "real" metal like me and three scene kids.... I do most of the writing, but it's annoying when we put together a complex instrumental section or whatever and the other guys are like, "Nah bro, don't wanna learn all that, just replace it with a really br00tal breakdown"

So why not quit? Fuck idiots who prefer breakdowns over actual complex instrumental passages.
Alright here's my long drawn out story of all my band experiences, from my first one to current. I just copied and pasted from a previous thread because I am not typing it out again. It's worth a read if you have a few minutes.

"I'm just gonna go through and summarize all my band's existances from my time as an active musician. (2010-present)

Band #1 - Started by drummer and myself, I sang and played guitar. Brought on a friend to sing after a few months (at that point I didn't like singing much, now I fight to sing every chance I get ) Found a bassist and that went well for a month or so, then she convinced us to bring on another guitarist. That's where the problem started, the new guitarist only wanted to play clean guitar in a sludge/punk band I showed him how to use a spare distortion pedal we had around. He seemed ok with it at the time, only to later complain to the othersthat I was messing with his sound and telling him what to do, and the bassist decided she wanted me out and cited this as one of her reasons. The singer and drummer (who had been a close friend of mine for years) flat-out said they didn't want to be involved and let her kick me out because they needed a bassist or they would be back to square one anyway, and the band to broke up after the next practice because I was the primary songwriter and the other guitarist couldn't hold down the rhythm.

My feeling throughout that last month or so

Band #2 - prog-punk (yes, really) duo, me on guitar+vocals and a friend from tech school on piano/organ/synth/key-drums. Worked out great, had lots of fun writing, playing, and recording a demo. This is the most enjoyble band I've ever been in and probably ever will be in, Currently on hiatus, but we still manage to get together a couple times a year which will be a lot more often once I can afford a car. The keys player is honestly the best bandmate I have ever had: like-minded to me, open to experimentation and new songs, will happily play any cover, doesn't care what people think of our music and just enjoys playing it, and truly enjoys being a musician.

Band #3 - a previously established rock 5-piece I played bass in for 3-4 months. I got in with them because the drummer from band #1 had joined and he talked me into it. I had fun just playing bass and not being involved in the band politics/songwriting as much. Played a few shows (first band I was in that had gotten to playing live), made around $75 or so in the few months I was in it, but the band had started to show signs of dissolving. So talk between the singer and one guitar player of starting another band had started and they had wanted to involve me in it because they thought I was a good bassist and guitar player from the couple of times they had heard me play. Well that fucking backfired when their talk of starting a new band had come up during a practice and they set me up as their scapegoat so I got kicked out of the band and the drummer's house by his parents (I was 16 at the time, and we practiced in the drummer's parent's basement)

Band #3.5 - Skip to a few months to a year later, same band ^. Drummer and I have been friends a long time, so he convinced the rest of the band to give me a chance as a guitarist. The conspiring guitarist had left, they had found a new bassist and were now a guitar player short, so they decided to give me try. I learned all their songs in one night for a show the next day. Show went good, I got complimented by the band on how tight my playing was despite the circumstances. Last I hear from them for a week or so until I see that they had added a new member on their site/fb, a guitar player they had only had over to practice twice. A good chunk of my time and a ride to the venue wasted for nothing. They broke up about two months after the drummer quit.

Band #4 - My current band, Alt-rock. Drummer from #1 (dear jebus, when will I fucking learn? ), myself on guitar, and another guitarist, with me and drummer sharing vocals. This one has its ups and downs. Originally me and the drummer worked together on the band stuff but after we found a second guitarist, the drummer took over leadership. We've played some shows, made a demo with just me and the drummer, and this summer we made our self released debut album. There was a lot of tension because of the amount of time it took, the drummer has no patience whatsoever so he complained constantly. I did all of the engineering, producing, mixing, and mastering. I put a hell of a lot of my personal time into this project and the drummer complained about how long it took me the whole time. I'm not saying he didn't help at all; he found someone to do the artwork and did all the cd burning and assembly. But the constant verbal abuse and endless stream of texts asking how it was going and what I was doing at that very moment was absolutely unneeded. If we record again it will be at a studio or we will bring in a sound guy to record and find someone to mix it for us. I can't tell if this band is getting better and better or falling apart before my eyes.

Band #5 - me, myself, and I; My solo project. Acoustic and Electric folk meets punk/alt rock. This is where my songs that the drummer in #4 refuses to play go (he's not a very reasonable person) I hope to work these into a band context when I can find some new people and hopefully get the keys player from #2 involved.

So, what have I learned?
-Personality and attitude mean more in a band setting than being super talented.
-If a band has had the same lineup for more than a year and it still isn't working, it's time to call it quits.
-Girl bass players may kick you out of your own band, there are cool ones out there if you look though.
-If you are repeatedly stabbed in the back by or have problems that resonate from the same bandmate, quit or kick them out and don't join any band they're in. Life is short, don't waste your time on assholes.
-Talking about leaving a band or forming another band without the whole band present is a good way to get curbed or framed.
-Don't get your head too close to a stage volume bass cab , your head will hurt for days.
-It's easier to keep track of people in a duo or trio than in a 5+ piece. Power groups tend to form in large band situations too.
-Don't let drummers sing, they tend to become power-drunk easily
-If you let a bandmate borrow something of yours for more than one practice, you probably won't ever see it again.

Learn from my experience, don't let people use you, and stay cool "
Last edited by tukk04 at Jan 13, 2013,
Quote by Black Mustangs
Well in my high school band we had 3 guys (including me) who didn't take ourselves very seriously and the drummer was uber serious about everything, must have been hell for him, he wanted to book gigs and whatnot and we just sat around in his garage, drinking and playing early Metallica stuff as loud as we could.

My friends and I had a band like that when we were 15. It was my one "lead" guitarist friend that kept taking everything seriously. He seemed pretty intent on writing everything yet it was nothing that would have gotten us anywhere.. pretty much just 4 power chord grunge wannabe crap. He'd get all whiny when we'd goof around and stuff and after we "broke up", he kept the songs up on our myspace with captions and stuff like "too bad we messed around too much to get anything done".. ok, we had like 2-3 original songs that sounded like the above and some crappy covers. We could have totally gone big.

Thank **** he wasn't trying to book gigs or anything.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
So why not quit? Fuck idiots who prefer breakdowns over actual complex instrumental passages.

Meh, I usually ending up winning most of the arguments, plus I like hanging out with the other guys in the band and we've all already committed some money to recording over spring break.... Shoulda quit before I got in too deep
I was in a band for a good 4 years actually, and there were a lot of things holding us back, but I really feel like above anything else, if we had the money to buy better gear at the time, we probably would have done a lot better.

I played lead guitar, and I'm sorry to admit that I was kinda your typical lead guitarist. I wasn't as bad as I could have been, I didn't try to write the bassist's parts, and we were pretty democratic about the couple of covers we ever chose, but still. I thought I was an amazing guitarist, when in reality I was really messy and couldn't play pretty much any of the solos I wrote. (I don't know if I've gotten any better at playing, but I stopped writing stuff I can't play at all.) I think learning to play the Crazy Train solo pretty decently blew my ego way out of proportion. I wrote all of our songs, and some of them were actually half decent, at least the instrumental parts. The vocals I wrote were terrible. I was really bad about not wanting anything I wrote to be changed at all, which I've since grown out of.

Our singer was in the band for the last 2 years (before that we either had no singer, or this one guy who never sang and quit an hour before our first gig, leaving me to sing because I actually knew the words to Crazy Train.) I honestly can't figured out why he was in the band or why he stayed, beyond the fact that we were all friends. Maybe he hoped to somehow turn our band around or something. Anyway, the bassist, rhythm guitarist, and I were all really into classic rock, so thats all we ever did for covers, and then most of my originals were somewhere between Classic Rock and Metal Core stuff, like a metal-core riff with a classic rock chorus or some nonsense.
The singer didn't like any of that. At the time he was into some system of a down, foo fighters, random stuff, and was starting to get really into Warped Tour (yes, that is a genre) music, which is what he like now. Needless to say he never wanted to learn any of the covers or originals, so he pretty much never sang at practice. I guess he really just wanted to be in the band, because somehow we got him to learn Crazy Train and like 2 or 3 of my originals that weren't quite as bad as the others. We played three gigs with him, and have since done some less organized gigs and stuff where we just threw some covers together, more music that he's into.

Our drummer was pretty cool, really the only bad thing I can say about him is that he liked to play super loud, which is fine, except in order to be able to hear any of the song the rest of us had to turn up. Since we had cheapo digital solid state amps the volume level just made everything sound like mush. He also focused mostly on his kick drum parts, but we never had a mic for his kick, so you couldn't hear it. And finally, two years ago he moved to Pennsylvania, and I haven't been in a band since.

Our bassist was and still sorta is a chronic over-player. I guess all of us were back then, but he seems to have grown out of it the least. I think he wants to grow up to be the Yngwie Malmsteen of bassists.

Our rythm guitarist was moody and would sometimes refuse to play. We're now roommates in college and he says it was because everything already sounded terrible together and he didn't feel the need to make it worse, which is fair enough.

I feel like if we all got together again (with a different singer) we could actually be a really good band, but our drummer is in PA, and our bassist goes to a college 2 hours away from the school I'm at. Back then we always had trouble getting people to practice, with many practices being just me and the drummer, and maybe one other member. Our gear also made it impossible to get a blended sound, everything just clashed. We also overplayed, and didn't have as good a taste in music as we thought we did. Nowadays I think we'd be more likely to play Chili Peppers type stuff than Metal-core.
Quote by Trowzaa
what specs is your pc? like how much ram?

Quote by Hydra150
[IMG]http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large-5/three-rams-steve-mckinzie.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by eGraham
3 ram, nice

This one really quick time I got high and walked to my friends house. He goaded me into being in this band he was starting with these guys he was hanging out with. Me and like 5 other people drove back to my house and they watched me play, and this big ****er was really hyper and kept touching my stuff. His girlfriend was laying on my bed all droopy and stupid like she owned the place. Keep in mind these are people I am just meeting except for my friend. I got pissed and asked them all politely to leave. The big guy was still hyper as shit and almost took my SM57. After a quick reminder he put it down. I had to pull my friend aside and tell him there is no way I am joining a band with that big hyper ****. I think he understood and agreed that it wasn't good to let me make this decision while high.

If there are any morals to this story, DO NOT agree to join a band while high.
I'll throw this one out there: My first band. There were five of us, 3 girls(drums,vocals,piano if needed), and 2 guys(including me. Bass and guitar) We all knew our roles, and managed to get our silly song done just in time for the high school talent show. Lots of shitty practice sessions turned it into a last minute thing. The girls failed to show up for practice a lot. They didn't practice their parts on their own time, either. When we got around to the show, things were alright. The school had a shitty PA system, so our vocalists were hard to hear. One of them almost seemed like she had stage fright. I could hear the other clearly. If it weren't for her, I'd have to count my way through the song to tell where I was!

Anyways, despite our efforts, the band collapsed. The bassist and I continued to jam though. I miss that guy.
Rig:
Jackson SLSMG/Ibanez S470QS/Charvel DS-1 -> JCA100H/BV50H -> Carvin V212

Quote by JamSessionFreak
Some of my farts last longer than Axe does.
Shitty band experience? I could go on for days with a subject like this. Seriously, I don't think a single person in this thread's experience surpasses the amount of idiocy I've encountered.

I'm too tired to share all of it right now, but what I will at least go over are vocalists:

Pro-tip: Anyone who claims they're a great vocalist, isn't. Ever. They're usually idiots who failed to learn an instrument but still want to be in a band and thinks being a singer is easy, but use no technique and can't sing a single note on-pitch.

The ones who are good singers you will almost never find. They either are: A.) Hiding, B.) Hate your music genre, or C.) Can't do harsh vocals for certain genres of metal (NOT screamo shit, I'm talking typical false chord or fry-scream vocals).

That's another great thing I loved hearing from the "vocalists" I've tried to hire in my failure bands. Their hideous attempts at harsh vocals. I've dealt with about 3 of them who thought they had "beast fry screams" but in reality had really, really shitty pushed whisper screams they thought were incredible. The ego's they had were ridiculous.

After a line of talentless hacks for vocalists I just decided to be vocalist along with guitarist for my current band project. I've never really thought I'm that great of a singer, but I've been learning to appreciate myself. I at least have a decent range and use proper techniques unlike those other idiots who called themselves "vocalists."

I mean, a few bands have asked if I could do vocals for them, so that says something I guess (actual bands, with talent, not just a bunch of stupid kids). I'm still considering singing lessons to help me improve.
Quote by Black Mustangs

This is every band in Levittown Ever. Except for Soundgarden's band. It irks me beyond belief that all these people do is play breakdowns and get away with it. Try just a little bit!
I had a shitty band experience. It all started when we got a singer. Originally we had a rhythm guitarist, a bassist, drummer, and me on lead guitar. The singer was mainly friends with me and the drummer so we decided to let him in on vocals. Biggest mistake I think I'll ever make in my ****ing life. I was happy that we finally found a singer and had a stable line up. But then our vocalist ruined that for me. One day I decided to come over to his house with my gear to jam and to see how he could sing. After I got done playing a couple of songs that's when he told me of his little plan. He said we should kick out everyone in the band cause he knows some people who are probably way better than the other members and that he knows some people who could get us some gigs at pretty big clubs and venues. I told him no because he's never heard the other members play while I have and they're pretty good. So a few days passed and one day at school in the morning the bassist walked up to me looking REALLY pissed. I thought he was about to legitly kick my ass. That's when he told me everybody but me was kicked out of the band. That's when all of the other band members started fighting with on another and the singer just sat back and watch it all happen. So we all decided to screw the idea of having a band. I was really bummed that we lasted only like a week and that we started fighting with each other. And that is my story of how the singer is a dick.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
I mean, a few bands have asked if I could do vocals for them, so that says something I guess (actual bands, with talent, not just a bunch of stupid kids). I'm still considering singing lessons to help me improve.

I've thought of vocal lessons, I've had such a problem meeting singers who aren't total dicks that I'd rather sing myself. Plus, it'd be easier to write for me instead of a singer. I'm not that confident in my voice though. It's okay, I guess. I really haven't tried much.
Quote by blake1221
I got so lucky compared to you guys haha.

Way to make me feel shit, blake. Dammit, blake. Fuck you, man!

J/k. <3

Edit:
Why'd change your avatar again?!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 13, 2013,
Out of the 3 bands I've been in, I have at least one shitty story per band.

Band #1: It was a Pop-Punk band that started as a metal band, but the only person we knew that could drum decided we were going to be pop-punk because everyone played metal. We did everything pretty well, promoted ourselves, had some decent pictures, all that stuff. Then we got to the studio.
At this point in time, I had no idea how to play to a metronome, so the producer already hated me. And I didn't REALLY know how to play guitar at that point in time, so every note I played was slightly out of tune. He hated the other guitarist because he made the whole studio smell. He hated the bass player because he played bass, and he hated the singer because he spent half an hour trying to sing 3 words. Bad news bears...

Band #2: I started this band with my friends as a summer fun kind of thing. We were a band for approximately 3 days when we were offered a show. I had never played a show at this point, so I was like "**** yeah, let's go!" Then we realized on the way to the show, that we were playing a cover of my first band's only song, a song I wrote that was a minute and a half long, and some other shit. We cancelled fairly quickly.

Band #3 (Current band): This band was sort of established when I joined, and they had a show booked for a little under a month away from the day I joined. I learned the songs decently, but definitely not well enough to play a show. Then the other guitarist of the band quit. So we got a fill in 10 days before the show. We thought we were completely prepared, we were going to win the battle of the bands and all that jazz since we sold all our tickets and we were "amazing". So, we play... It was the single worst performance that probably could have happened. Video here, skip to 1:50 for plot summary of the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI9JnlqjNPw

(I'm next to the synth player)
We proceeded to play more shows that were slightly better than that, but it never really got a lot better until we got a new drummer.
Last edited by jeremessmore at Jan 13, 2013,
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Way to make me feel shit, blake. Dammit, blake. Fuck you, man!

J/k. <3

Not like that.

But like...damn, I haven't had a major issue in any band I've been in.
Quote by blake1221
Not like that.

But like...damn, I haven't had a major issue in any band I've been in.

I figured. I was just giving you shit.
I've been in two real bands. My first band was sort of a folk review band where we wrote a whole comedy folk album from the perspective of two traveling racists who wanted to spread pansexuality (as in having sex with the sky, rocks, water, animals and plants) to everywhere. It was great and we're working on more music.

The other band is a metal band that me and my friends cannot seem to get off the ground. We play, and we learn and we write, but it seems like its going to permanently be a jam band with not much else behind it. Plus there is a bit of a difference in interests between the band members in terms of songwriting.

Neither band is/was "bad", but they aren't really traditional.

Quote by Jako215
This is every band in Levittown Ever. Except for Soundgarden's band. It irks me beyond belief that all these people do is play breakdowns and get away with it. Try just a little bit!

I can't think of any bands from our town at all besides, like, bar bands.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Bushinarin
I can't think of any bands from our town at all besides, like, bar bands.

All the hardcore kids have a band. They usually play Champs in Jersey or St. Pauls on Levittown Pkw.
My current band is pretty good right now minus my drummer being a cook, makes everything a huge painvin the ads. We all agreed that were bringing in annother member so we can practice more regularly and book gigs easier. This is going to suck considering guitarists arround here play geezer rock, metalcore and post-rock. The recruiting process is going to be fun. The bass player is shifting to drums and im switching to bass because they are quite rare in these parts and we dont suck at them.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
My current band is pretty good right now minus my drummer being a cook, makes everything a huge painvin the ads. We all agreed that were bringing in annother member so we can practice more regularly and book gigs easier. This is going to suck considering guitarists arround here play geezer rock, metalcore and post-rock. The recruiting process is going to be fun. The bass player is shifting to drums and im switching to bass because they are quite rare in these parts and we dont suck at them.

Must come in useful for post-practice snacks though.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.