ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
...errm
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer
640 IQ

Just because you're trying to be crazy, or experimental, and play with atonal stuff and polymeters and blah blah... doesn't mean you shouldn't try to make it sound good.
amonamarthmetal
1,808 IQ
I knew, even before pressing play, that this was going to be utter crap. Congratulations on achieving nothing.
Gear:
Dean RC7X (Bareknuckle Coldsweat pickups)
Ibanez Rg2570Z (Bareknuckle Juggernaughts)
Schecter KM-6
Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid 7 String
Engl Powerball II
Orange PPC412
Line 6 Pod HD500X
frankibo
UG Board King
3,093 IQ
Quote by amonamarthmetal
I knew, even before pressing play, that this was going to be utter crap. Congratulations on achieving nothing.

This would be a funny troll if I hadn't clearly taken ages to put together. It's really just tragically sad.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
This works a hell of a lot better with one or two of the guitar tracks playing at any given time. Five of them is just massive overkill.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,421 IQ
Makes PsyOpus seem legit.

This is a really pointless peice of music. Not only did it fail to prove that there's any logic behind it, but it essentially proves that anyone with a computer thinks they can make music.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
That is INSANE. I'm not shure but I kind of like it lol.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
NegiTom
Banned
480 IQ
Find myself agreeing with Epi and Chemical Fire. It does make PsyOpus seem pretty legit, and one or two of the guitar tracks aren't bad. Having a constant dual guitar solo throughout the song is just laborious and unnecessary. Either way I fail to see any logic to this.
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
First riff is just a test putting odd time signatures over 4/4 and making it end up in sync then i added "0805932289" which is a number that's personal to me and then trubbibubbi which is a shitty user name I used somewhere. Used the alphabet to find out what number each letter would be and put that over that. The diminished solo was just something random I decided to put over that. The second riff is just a very very weird chord progression that I took apart and made a riff out of, I get that you don't like the amount of harmonizing but I enjoy having that. I'm sorry that you hate this so much but I like it.
Death to conventional thinking.
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Arbitrarily choosing numbers != logic

Quote by DisarmGoliath
NegiTom
Banned
480 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Arbitrarily choosing numbers != logic

Yup.
Macabre_Turtle
UG's UGer
640 IQ
The problem is that you're trying to write music specifically to be technical instead of simply writing good music that happens to be technical. I could be bias in that I think the only band I've seen make this atonal seemingly senseless stuff work in a way that I like it is The Dillinger Escape Plan.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by PatrekurÖrn
First riff is just a test putting odd time signatures over 4/4 and making it end up in sync then i added "0805932289" which is a number that's personal to me and then trubbibubbi which is a shitty user name I used somewhere. Used the alphabet to find out what number each letter would be and put that over that. The diminished solo was just something random I decided to put over that. The second riff is just a very very weird chord progression that I took apart and made a riff out of, I get that you don't like the amount of harmonizing but I enjoy having that. I'm sorry that you hate this so much but I like it.

Wait, wait...so your composing logic was just:
1. Pick random number and convert it to notes.
2. Convert "trubbibubbi" to number form and then convert those numbers to notes.
3. Make up weird chord progression and take it apart.
4. Mash it all together.

You really have zero composition logic. I think you need to step back and work on your composition skills a bit, if this was seriously your thought process for composing.

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
The problem is that you're trying to write music specifically to be technical instead of simply writing good music that happens to be technical. I could be bias in that I think the only band I've seen make this atonal seemingly senseless stuff work in a way that I like it is The Dillinger Escape Plan.

And that only works because their composition skills are great.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jan 15, 2013,