Page 4 of 4
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore
903 IQ
Quote by LP1951

What "endorsements?"

Trying to spread more misinformation like your post that BB King started playing a Gibson Lucille 40 years before Gibson made the first Gibson Lucille?

You still don't know what Guitar BB used on his 1950s recordings, do you?

Had it not been for wikipedia, you wouldn't know.
All I can say to Tom is:
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy
1,873 IQ
Quote by LP1951
The very small list of players who play some brand of Tele other than Fender really proves the point that the Fender Tele is still the best. Most of the few players mentioned are not even known for playing Teles.

That doesn't at all prove Fender Tele's are "the best"

Seriously, LP, stop forcing your opinion down every other forum user's throat. That's literally all you do.

Basically every thread you make is split between you forcing your opinion on people, and spamming your own thread with useless posts like "Cool!" and "Very nice!" followed by you spamming some more.
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us...

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
LP1951
346 IQ

Can U name the Guitar is playing in this picture?
Attachments:
bb tele 2.png
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Looks like an Esquire or Nocaster to me.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

demonhellcat
402 IQ
Lucille is the only guitar I can think of that has a "name" and I'd bet if you asked 100 people "What is Lucille?" at least half would say BB King's guitar... well maybe as long as those 100 people were over 40 years old.
randomguy2000
<3's ToppScore
903 IQ
Quote by Charvel1995
That doesn't at all prove Fender Tele's are "the best"

Seriously, LP, stop forcing your opinion down every other forum user's throat. That's literally all you do.

Basically every thread you make is split between you forcing your opinion on people, and spamming your own thread with useless posts like "Cool!" and "Very nice!" followed by you spamming some more.

This guy is obviously trying to get as many posts as possible.
Dude, stop spamming.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

LP1951
346 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
Looks like an Esquire or Nocaster to me.

U R Correct! BB used a Fender and Gibson Hollow bodies on his early recordings. Then in 1958, he started using 335s, then 355s, then in 1980, Gibson made the Lucille for BB which is basically a 355 without f holes.
“You’re always learning about this thing every time you pick it up.” Keith Richards
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
The point remains that BB is not iconic with the Esquire. He's iconic for Lucille.

Quote by EyeNon15

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by LP1951
The very small list of players who play some brand of Tele other than Fender really proves the point that the Fender Tele is still the best. Most of the few players mentioned are not even known for playing Teles.

It proves nothing.

Fender is the single biggest guitar manufacturer in the world, and has been making Tele-shaped guitars 3 decades longer than just about any other maker (except G&L). This means Fender's historical output of Teles is orders of magnitude larger than almost anyone else's, and that they will be available from more retail outlets- new or used- than anyone eles's. That also means by sheer force of statistics, Fender will have produced more excellent (and awful) Teles than some companies have produced Teles.

That does not mean that Fender's are better than everyone else's, just that a given player looking for a "Tele" of a given price and quality will have more options from Fender than from anyone else.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
LP1951
346 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
The point remains that BB is not iconic with the Esquire. He's iconic for Lucille.

Yes that is the point I made about 100 posts ago when I first mentioned BB. Actually among Jazz and Blues players, BB is most iconic for his use of 335s, 345s & 355s which are the guitars that he used on his greatest recordings in the 60s & 70s before the first Gibson Lucille was ever made.
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist
6,023 IQ
Quote by LP1951
U R Correct! BB used a Fender and Gibson Hollow bodies on his early recordings. Then in 1958, he started using 335s, then 355s, then in 1980, Gibson made the Lucille for BB which is basically a 355 without f holes.

He actually calls most of his 335esque guitars Lucille. So it's not just one guitar. And that came from the horses mouth at a concert his I went to.

But yeah, the Gibson Lucille is a 345 I believe. However, like I said, when he refers to Lucille, he is not talking about one specific [type of] guitar
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Jan 21, 2013,
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
Quote by Roc8995
I don't think I've ever played anything in black walnut. It's a great ice cream flavor, so I assume it works well for a strat too.

Quote by JustRooster
The slugs in the pickups for telecasters are from old winchester rifles, which is why they sound so country.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Post a picture of a biscuit, and you've got a White Stripes song...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
LP1951
346 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
He actually calls most of his 335esque guitars Lucille. So it's not just one guitar. And that came from the horses mouth at a concert his I went to.

Yes, if I remember correctly the first guitar that BB named Lucille was a $35 Gibson acoustic that was named after a woman who started a fight at a joint he was playing at. Two guys fighting over Lucille knocked over a barrel full of burning oil which started a fire in the joint. BB ran out of the joint and remembered that he left his guitar behind. So he went back into the burning building to get his guitar. Later he named it Lucille to remind himself not to make that mistake again.
WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
Nice. I like how you said "if I remember" then pretty much quoted Wikipedia word for word. Nice touch
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
SRV's Strat,
Claptons Blackie
Hendrix's White Strat
or
EVHs Frankenstrat.

Damn. I was one post out.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

LP1951
346 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Nice. I like how you said "if I remember" then pretty much quoted Wikipedia word for word.

Guess U read wiki before U posted. I didn't even look at wiki. That story has been posted many times. Also heard it told in TV documentaries and interviews with BB.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
I think Jimmy Page's Yardbirds era tele is his most iconic guitar. They're the best guitars ever made, right?

Quote by EyeNon15

LP1951
346 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
I think Jimmy Page's Yardbirds era tele is his most iconic guitar...

Page used the DragonTele on the first Led Zeppelin Album and on cuts on subsequent albums, Including Stairway to Heaven.

So yes some agree with you about the DragonTele being is his most iconic.
Last edited by LP1951 at Jan 21, 2013,
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,165 IQ
Quote by LP1951
Page used the DragonTele on the first Led Zeppelin Album and on cuts on subsequent albums, Including Stairway to Heaven.

So yes some agree with you about the DragonTele being is his most iconic.

No, no they don't. I was being completely sarcastic. Everyone ever knows his No. 1 Les Paul.

Quote by EyeNon15

Chaz-6(sic)6
ThatMETALDude
1,942 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
No, no they don't. I was being completely sarcastic. Everyone ever knows his No. 1 Les Paul.

+1

Rooster Wins.

Page is iconically linked to his Les Paul's.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
JP is also one of the few guitarists I routinely associate with multi-neck guitars.

alhaq369
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
Don Felder, formerly of the Eagles used that white double neck SG on the live performances of Hotel California. I'm not sure if he did on the record but that's quite an iconic guitar.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
Page's tele is iconic if you know page as a guitarist, but just a person who doesn't look into the guitars he had would definitely be more familiar with his les Pauls. There are so many live shows of him playing les Pauls, you be forgiven if you didn't even know he ever played a Tele.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Guys stop feeding the idiot and he might go away.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I'm not familiar with police procedures.

1977 Burny FLG70
LP1951
346 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Page's tele is iconic if you know page as a guitarist, but just a person who doesn't look into the guitars he had would definitely be more familiar with his les Pauls. There are so many live shows of him playing les Pauls, you be forgiven if you didn't even know he ever played a Tele.

I agree with that. Obviously many don't even know the history of the Dragoncaster being used on Led Zeppelin's first album and Stairway to Heaven.
Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
So how can it be iconic

Without quoting wiki, define what iconic means to you.

Please.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
Quote by Tom 1.0
Guys stop feeding the idiot and he might go away.

Quote by Tom 1.0
So how can it be iconic

Without quoting wiki, define what iconic means to you.

Please.

Nice.
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
1,956 IQ
A guitar ever used by an icon? Even if just picked up at the age of 16 in their local guitar shop.
Quote by Shredwizard445

Quote by Shredwizard445

Tom 1.0
Hot For Teacher
6,308 IQ
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Nice.

It's worth it. I want an answer
Quote by Lemoninfluence

1977 Burny FLG70
LP_CL
Gimme a beer!
2,072 IQ
Quote by LP1951

1. One guitar being better than the other is a matter of personal preference. Not something you should decide for others.
2. Endorsements, publicity, vulture capitalism, ... made fender bigger than they should've been.

Quote by LP1951

What "endorsements?"

Trying to spread more misinformation like your post that BB King started playing a Gibson Lucille 40 years before Gibson made the first Gibson Lucille?

You still don't know what Guitar BB used on his 1950s recordings, do you?

Quote by LP1951
Guess U read wiki before U posted. I didn't even look at wiki. That story has been posted many times. Also heard it told in TV documentaries and interviews with BB.

You must be the dummest **** I recently met on UG. I'm even offended that you even think that we wouldn't notice that you're pretending not to get your info from wiki to seem smart. (I gladly take a flaming warning for this comment)

Quote by LP1951
I agree with that. Obviously many don't even know the history of the Dragoncaster being used on Led Zeppelin's first album and Stairway to Heaven.

Wiki knows. If everybody were like you, then everybody would "know" right?

BTW: look up on wiki when they started making les pauls. Read your username and weep.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
WholeLottaIzzy
6,023 IQ
I didn't even notice that! Yeah, I heard the 1951's were some of the best Les Pauls. Or does the trem technically make it a super strat?

Damn, how could I forget Brian May's super strat?

Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Jan 22, 2013,
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ

When I think of Garcia I think of this strat. He played it on the Europe 72' album

example....and amazing song

He has more guitars that are arguably more iconic like "The Wolf" and "The Tiger"

And obviously:

The Ocedoc. Any guitar by Paul Langudeoc would be an honor to play for 5 minutes lol
Last edited by luvs2gro at Jan 22, 2013,
LP1951
346 IQ
^Good ones!