Page 3 of 10
The Waxahatchee album? It's out officially, so it shouldn't be hard to find. Barely gotten any coverage though, I didn't even know it was out yet til Pitchfork put the review up today.
Actually, Pitchfork have given a few recent albums the 'best new music' sticker. Waxahatchee, Youth Lagoon, Rhye and Autre Ne Veut. Those who have heard, opinions on the albums?

I gave Autre Ne Veut a listen but didn't like it, I guess R'n'B is just not my thing (could not get into Channel Orange last year, seriously thought it was overrated)

Given a few Waxatchee tracks a bit of a spin, very simple but enjoyable.

My mate says Youth Lagoon album is pretty good, but its more of a headphones kinda listen.
I liked the first Waxahatchee album so i'll have to give the new one a listen.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by AKnownHardman
I guess R'n'B is just not my thing (could not get into Channel Orange last year, seriously thought it was overrated)

I love Rnb but yeah I felt the same. Minus a few standout tracks it was pretty forgettable

The only Rnb I've heard this year is Inc.'s No World. It's nothing special but it's an enjoyable listen
The few songs from the new Rhye I've heard are good. I think a whole album of it would get old but still. All the tracks are out of order on my iPod so I couldn't listen to it.
Huh, there's new Boris? Have they gone back to doing drone stuff? They were pretty droney when I saw them at the end of last year.
Quote by AKnownHardman
Actually, Pitchfork have given a few recent albums the 'best new music' sticker. Waxahatchee, Youth Lagoon, Rhye and Autre Ne Veut. Those who have heard, opinions on the albums?

I gave Autre Ne Veut a listen but didn't like it, I guess R'n'B is just not my thing (could not get into Channel Orange last year, seriously thought it was overrated)

Given a few Waxatchee tracks a bit of a spin, very simple but enjoyable.

My mate says Youth Lagoon album is pretty good, but its more of a headphones kinda listen.

Waxahatchee - This is great. My fourth favorite album of the year so far.
Youth Lagoon - I posted my opinion earlier, but I liked it more on second listen. It's still not as great as I'd hoped, but it's pretty good.
Autre Ne Veut - I've only listened to it once, but I liked it. The music is a mix of a lot of sounds (I really like the guitar leads that pop up in a few parts), and that keeps it interesting fer sure.
Rhye - I listened to the first few tracks on this when it was on Pitchfork Advance a couple of weeks ago. It's okay, but I got kind of bored.
Somebody should help me find Waxahatchee
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Get Spotify you pleb (prob first time i've ever used that word)
Never.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Spotify is awesome and has like every music you've ever heard of. And it's free and you can show off to your facebook friends if you want.
Speaking of spotify, anyone want to add me on it? I deleted my actual facebook account a while back but made another one specifically so I can use spotify.
Tell me why I should and I might.

#listeningtoWaxahatcheeonSpotifyhahahahaCollin
Oh, you're that dude who is following me on twitter with the weird name haha.
oooOOOOoooh must be nice living closer than 5 hours away from a record store
Yeah they call me Hingle around them parts

Quote by neidnarb11890
I went to the record store today & bought the new waxahatchee album 'cuz I am not a poseur & I liked her before she was 'bnm'.

Damn, your hipster level is through the roof
The new The Men album is different than I thought it would. Prty good though, but it needs more listens.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Waxahatchee is good too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Yeah, I listened to that Men album a few days ago and liked it. Weirdly, I actually never listened to Open Your Heart even though lots of people seemed to like it last year.
Quote by bradulator
And it's free and you can show off to your facebook friends if you want.

Those are the worst people
^Been meaning to give that a spin. The single is promising at least.

Spotify Unlimited up in this bitch! Listening to that Waxahatchee thing now.

It's super bland. Seriously, am I meant to listen to the lyrics or something? Because it sounds like she's not even trying to make this an interesting listen. As opposed to the new Stornoway album which I found myself enjoying a lot yesterday.
I like the lyrics, plus I love her voice, and the musical contrast throughout the album does wonders.

The new Inter Arma album is pretty good (like halfway through). I've seen it described as "sludgy doom" or something like that, but it's got enough movement to be interesting, plus some cool acoustic parts.
I listened to the new Low album on the npr site. it was pretty good.

also the new Devendra Banhart was pretty good.

if you've been into what both of them have done in the past, there's no reason you wouldn't like them.
Wavves is on NPR

Sounds like Weezer, Green day, and Nirvana got nasty.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Starting the Wavves album now. If my presumptive AOTY disappoints I'm taking a break from new music for a while. Also I'll check out the Strokes album I guess.
What's your presumptive AOTY?

I started the Wavves a few minutes ago. I'm only through two tracks, both of which I've heard before, but damn, "Demon to Lean On" is so catchy. If the rest of this album is as good, then it's safe to say it's already a great year for surfy-punky stuff, between this and the FIDLAR album.
I had the same trouble trying to understand if someone seriously thinks that Wavves is going to put out something better than pretty mediocre.
^^The Wavves album

After the first two songs, it gets a lot less catchy. It's not blowing me away like I thought it would D:
Does anyone else immediately think of the first Arctic Monkeys album when they see the new Wavves cover?