Page 4 of 10
Wavves is lame except for the Demon to Lean On song. Strokes is good. Phosphorescent is okay but kinda boring. Justin Timberlake's album is good but it does not need to be as long as it is. Most of the songs are like 7 minutes long and they don't need to be.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bradulator
Wavves is lame except for the Demon to Lean On song. Strokes is good. Phosphorescent is okay but kinda boring. Justin Timberlake's album is good but it does not need to be as long as it is. Most of the songs are like 7 minutes long and they don't need to be.

new Wavves album was a pretty big disappointment.
I felt the same way at first about Timerblake's album but after a few listens it really grew on me. Only tracks I don't like the length of is probably Blue Ocean Wall and I'd also cut the last 2 and half minutes of Strawberry Bubblegum out.

Listened to the new Marnie Stern and that was a disappointment as well. It sounds a bit more polished, but it just doesn't feel the same way as her older stuff. I prefer the crazier, in your face Marnie.
Last edited by Joshua1207 at Mar 22, 2013,
I know im late on this but my word am I loving DIIV-Oshin!
Thought it sounded just like Beach Fossils and turns out the main guy used to be their guitarist. Think I actually prefer it to Beach Fossils, although I really did enjoy Clash The Truth
I don't know if it's 2013, but the future of rock looks swell. With System of a Down, Tool and Queens of the Stone Age promising new material in the future (2/3 in 2013!!) the standard for awesome is being reinforced. That's only 3 of many promising bands for the future.
Shone - Heat Thing sounds like modern Modest Mouse, but like a little heavier. Kind of cool, but not great.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by neidnarb11890
the new Waxahatchee album has really grown on me now that I have given it a few listens, I like it a lot better than American Weekend.

have you guys listened to California X?
I am jammin' 'em now, they are p. good.

also, do you like the Screamales' 'tape'? I really dig Marissa's vox.

anyway, I am rly looking forward to the new Laura Stevenson record & Aye Nako's LP.

California X is fucking badass! You heard the Pissed Jeans album?
I need to check out California X and the Screamales tape.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^ hard. they are the biggest hippies and i mean that in the best way. i just turned on a mate to them, he absolutely loves the album. its one of my favourites so far this year.
W/R/T the latest Phosphorescent record: I'm really enjoying it, though I don't think it is that great of an album. It sounds nice though.
Quote by genghisgandhi
shut up no he doesn't

You can at least admit that everyone in that band looks like they need a shower.

Also, listening to the new album by The Knife. So great. So so so great.
Quote by uhh_me?
You can at least admit that everyone in that band looks like they need a shower.

Also, listening to the new album by The Knife. So great. So so so great.

Listening to it now. It's really cool so far.
Months later and I'm finally realizing how good the new This Town Needs Guns album is. Really disliked it at first, the vocals especially rubbed me wrong with the replacement singer but it's damn good. Probably at least as much as Animals. Certainly a lot more diverse and creative.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
Months later and I'm finally realizing how good the new This Town Needs Guns album is. Really disliked it at first, the vocals especially rubbed me wrong with the replacement singer but it's damn good. Probably at least as much as Animals. Certainly a lot more diverse and creative.

Eh, as hard as I try I still can't get into TTNG. I like them at times, and I want to really like them, but there's something missing for me.

Wow, the back half of Shaking the Habitual is a lot weaker than I expected. "Old Dreams Waiting to be Realized" is okay but kind of too long, and "Stay Out Here" and "Fracking Fluid Injection" are just boring.
Quote by TheReverend724
Wait the new Knife album's out?

Also new James Blake is absolutely killer

It's been streaming on Pitchfork Advance this week. Is the James Blake album out or streaming or leaked?
Oh okay. I totally forgot it was coming out so soon. I'll probably just wait til Tuesday to hear it. There's been a ridiculous amount of good music in the first part of the year.
Quote by ManInTheBox14
There's been a ridiculous amount of good music in the first part of the year.

And then James Blake has to come along and ruin it.
i don't really care for James Blake in general so I prolly won't listen to it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Flaming Lips and Kurt Vile albums are streaming on NPR. Only listened to most of the Flaming Lips one so far and it's pretty good. Also the new Fall Out Boy album is streaming on Soundcloud and even though the first two singles were really, really bad I kinda wanna listen to it for some reason.
guys, new Keaton Henson.

I just listened to it. I really like most of it, but there are a few songs/moments I'm not crazy about. I don't really like the huge "full band" parts, but overall an enjoyable album. this guy certainly hasn't gotten any happier.
Last edited by Jearl at Apr 10, 2013,
Quote by AKnownHardman
Couple of tracks in and im digging the new Kurt Vile album.

it has some weak spots but there are some amazing songs on that album. overall great album.

what do you guys think of flaming lips new album? pretty depressing stuff but i love the bleak atmosphere carried throughout the album. definitely unlike their previous albums.

oh ya i forgot to mention how much i love that waxahatchee album.
Last edited by turncoat60% at Apr 14, 2013,