Page 2 of 2
Quote by The Madcap
I think anyone can sing. They just need to find the right genre.

I'm hoping this is true. I plan on taking vocal lessons whenever I can. Eventually I'd like to do vocals over the electronic music I make, I just need to find the right way to do it.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by theogonia777
He's got a good chunk of Axel's adorableness, but with the addition of two things:

1) He goes so far to point out how different he is from Axel, when the two of them are almost the same in every way possible.

2) Unlike Axel, Ian has no valid excuse for expressing silly ideas, so it's even funnier knowing that he is completely serious.
You know, you're another who simply catches a chance to throw insult instead of debating these "silly ideas" and attempting to prove them wrong.

If you actually debate what you believe are "silly ideas" and win the argument, you appear as a more elite and smarter individual instead of butthurt or like a troll throwing insults.

My ideas in a nutshell:

I believe anyone can learn to sing with proper technique, but not everyone can have a widely pleasing singing voice, or flexible range for that matter. Just like how anyone can learn to play guitar, but not everyone can play entirely by ear or write for that matter.

I fail to see what's wrong with that.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You know, you're another who simply catches a chance to throw insult instead of debating these "silly ideas" and attempting to prove them wrong.

If you actually debate what you believe are "silly ideas" and win the argument, you appear as a more elite and smarter individual instead of butthurt or like a troll throwing insults.

You can't really debate anything, because you're ideas are generally just completely wrong. There is literally nothing more to be said than "that's just completely wrong" in most cases.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
You can't really debate anything, because you're ideas are generally just completely wrong. There is literally nothing more to be said than "that's just completely wrong" in most cases.
Yes you can.

Point out the exact portions of what's completely wrong and give valid, detailed reasoning to prove why you believe I'm an idiot. That's how rise to the top, and look smarter in the process.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Point out the exact portions of what's completely wrong and give valid, detailed reasoning to prove why you believe I'm an idiot.

Nobody has time for that.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You don't need to prove a belief. That is the second most stupid thing I have seen today.
I miss Axel. Ian just doesn't fill the spot like Axel did yenno?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Yes you can.

Point out the exact portions of what's completely wrong and give valid, detailed reasoning to prove why you believe I'm an idiot. That's how rise to the top, and look smarter in the process.

it's mucher funnier this way
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
You can mold a turkey into a hummingbird, or you can be born a hummingbird. Such is the way of life.
Quote by theogonia777
Nobody has time for that.
It takes less than 5 minutes to prove someone wrong in an argument.

It takes 15-20 minutes on average to masturbate.

Therefore, the entire Pit could have done debated against me 3-4 times in the time they spend whacking it.

This post took a total of... 1 minute as of right now and I have proven you wrong.

See how easy that is?

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
it's mucher funnier this way
Yeah, but the feels are better if you do it the long way.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Jan 17, 2013,
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Therefore, the entire Pit could have done debated against me 3-4 times in the time they spend whacking it.

This post took a total of... 1 minute as of right now and I have proven you wrong.

See how easy that is?

This is why no one takes you seriously. You just seem to pull stuff out of your arse. To put it kindly.
RIP Adam
Quote by Ian_the_fox

Not with your posts.

wut

Not only are the numbers wrong, but why would someone waste time debating you instead of masturbating?

See how easy that is?

You haven't proven anything other than that you are completely clueless.

Quote by clincher09
I'm hoping this is true. I plan on taking vocal lessons whenever I can. Eventually I'd like to do vocals over the electronic music I make, I just need to find the right way to do it.
Yeah, I mean Louis Armstrong couldn't make it as a operatic singer. Bob Dylan's voice probably wouldn't translate well to Metal or Jazz. Sometimes girls who can't sing sound alright in electronic music if they just sound sexy enough. I personally think my voice doesn't sound good for Rock and I'm not good enough to hold notes with a good vibrato. However I think I sound decent if I'm singing spanish kind of folky stuff.
Quote by theogonia777
Not with your posts.
If you really thought I was that wrong, it should take a matter of seconds.

Quote by theogonia777
wut

Not only are the numbers wrong, but why would someone waste time debating you instead of masturbating?
Yeah. If you count the whole process, including cleanup. It also depends on how quiet you're trying to be and if you have a screen nearby or not, and you're just trying to do it by thought.

15-20 is pretty accurate. If you have some tips on how to make the process faster, please: I'd love to hear them.

And, why waste time masturbating when you can just go out and score for real?

Quote by theogonia777
You haven't proven anything other than that you are completely clueless.

It was just a humorous example. My point is, it's not difficult nor time consuming to prove someone wrong with facts whether it's subjective or not, and it makes you look like the superior one, rather than just a troll or an idiot.

Unless, of course, you don't have any facts to debate against me with. In which case I can't take you seriously.
Quote by theogonia777
He's got a good chunk of Axel's adorableness, but with the addition of two things:

1) He goes so far to point out how different he is from Axel, when the two of them are almost the same in every way possible.

2) Unlike Axel, Ian has no valid excuse for expressing silly ideas, so it's even funnier knowing that he is completely serious.

I didn't mean it like that, what i mean is how his posts are contrary.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 17, 2013,
I am absolute garbage at singing but, starting about a month ago I have been singing for about 15 everyday on my way to school, I have gotten alot better.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I didn't mean it like that, what i mean is how his posts are contrary.
May I ask if this is a good thing or a bad thing?
Quote by Ian_the_fox
May I ask if this is a good thing or a bad thing?

I say it's a good thing that people speak their minds, even if it isn't a popular opinion.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by whywefight
that said, my voice is probably the equivalent of a 400$ guitar. Nice to practice on, isn't totally abysmal, but definitely nothing special.

In that case, my voice must be the equivalent of a First Act.
I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by clincher09

I think any voice type can match electronic music depending on the genre.
Singing, unlike most instruments is a talent. Some practice can effect it but it's like drawing. Some can do it effortlessly and perfect with no training or practice. I truly great talent to have, wish I could sing great. I can draw at least
Quote by Duce180
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxcnaQyX6jU

I think this video is pretty good proof that pretty much anyone can learn to sing with enough practice. (not me by the way)

This actually gives me alot of hope. I sound a little bit better than the "before" clip, but I still have that nasally sound. It seems that once he found his range and improved his technique he was successful.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Page 2 of 2