PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
Ideas, not a song. Apologies for the insanity. Fun to play though.
Attachments:
hate.gp5
Death to conventional thinking.
Last edited by PatrekurÖrn at Jan 17, 2013,
xbitmetal
289 IQ
this massive amount of technicality is out of my music taste sorry.
Eskil Rask
what is this i don't even
621 IQ
That is completely dumb and utterly pointless. Some beautiful arpeggios in there though.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Ometh
UG Addict
3,913 IQ
134 bars of wanking lol
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,594 IQ
You're not that dude from Behold the arctopus, are you?
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
I'm noticing a theme running through your music... complexity for the sake of complexity. It's rather dull to me to be honest.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jan 17, 2013,
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
This shit is an exercise, not a song. Original ways to think of tapping/arpeggios etc.
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,594 IQ
Quote by PatrekurÖrn
This shit is an exercise, not a song. Original ways to think of tapping/arpeggios etc.

But what will you actually do with any of this? And besides some hints of the things working, most of this is random dissonance. Its not even coherent, its literaly just notes for the sake of notes, and I'd have a hard time understanding how anyone could listen to it and go 'Yep, this is the sound of music'. What you're doing isn't that interesting, its just demanding jazz with added distortion and sped up for no reason.

Ometh's revisions have more musicality than this.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
The first bit of this at like 50% speed is fairly musical to me. I strictly writing in one key, using over used chord progressions or note patterns, so I tried something new. The rest of this are purely technique building exercises. Sorry that you don't enjoy it, but these aren't randomly selected notes, just abnormal notes.
frankibo
UG Board King
3,095 IQ
I'd rather saw my legs off than have to endure listen to that again.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
If it's just a technique exercise then I have to question why you put it up to be critiqued as a piece of music...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
despite everyone else's comments, i really think you could do a lot musically with this. i'll explain more in depth in a bit, but you definitely need to add more riffs and clean up some of the transitions. they're really choppy (you did say they were just ideas though), though with certain parts it works. if you could add some more straightforward parts (by that i mean mostly rhythmically, i kind of like the dissonant riff you had) in between some of the craziness you could have a lot of tension/release just from the tempo change. i was also impressed by the transitions between sixteenth notes to triplets to quadruplets etc etc. also liked some of the progressions.

now, if i were you and i had made this, i would not only do the above to improve the guitar parts (can you actually play these full speed?), but i would add drums. specifically, programmed drums. the whole feel is very mechanical due to alot of the constant streaming through notes and time sig changes but that also leaves a lot of room for glitchy shit that you can do with programming. it takes a lot of work to get good at though, i can't do it hah.

i don't know how much or what electronic music you listen to, but if you listen to the breakcore genre, you notice they make dissonance and chaos sound good (opinioni guess). you just need to learn how to control it very well, and you might need to play around with your song structure and whatnot to make it work. like i said before, more straightforward parts would really help with the fluidity and keep the entire thing from sounding like a giant chaotic transition/mess. messy is okay, you just need something easier-listening parts to bridge everything.

i don't know if you'll catch my drift, because i kind of hear what you could do but it's so many different things and a lot of it is hard for me to explain. i'll give you a few songs to kind of show you what i mean... and i don't mean replicating these sounds exactly, but transfering the, um... mindset to the dissonant guitar and make it mindfucking.

not breakcore, but heavy electronic influence w/ guitars. easy example of bridging electronica with metal (don't kill me genre nazis).

some weird off beat drums and effects

this will probably be a really hard listen, but also might help explain what i'm talking about.

to end this ridiculously long post, i'm not saying you have to do anything like this or write this way, it's just what i hear. i might have just wasted a lot of time typing this out but maybe it'll give you some ideas or something. i have fuck all to do right now anyway i guess.
Last edited by Dregen at Jan 17, 2013,
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
Thanks for the hatred lacking comment. Yes, I can play this full speed. I probably could write some bridge parts and so on, but I'll probably just incorporate these ideas into more straightforward yet fairly insane songs. I'm not much for electronic music and I really dislike just putting simple rhythms on top of more complex rhythms just for the sake of easy-listening fx djent. Will probably just write equally insane riffs that musically relate to the leads to make some insane thing. Your lengthy comment is very appreciated!. Also apologies for my sentence structuring, I'm from Iceland so English isn't my main language.
frankibo
UG Board King
3,095 IQ
Quote by PatrekurÖrn
Also apologies for my sentence structuring, I'm from Iceland so English isn't my main language.

Kudos on the very high standard of English.
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
StrumThatFender
364 IQ
The arpeggios are actually great, it sounded much better when I changed the guitars to pianos. A problem with GP5 is that the MIDI sounds for the electric guitar sound absolutely awful when you have more than about 2 playing at once. I know you said it was just ideas rather than an actual piece, but it would be a whole lot better if you broke it up rather than a having a continuous stream of notes, because it does get a bit tiring after a while.
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
Learning each part separately then attempting to play it all together makes for a fairly engaging difficult technique exercise.
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
If that isn't sarcasm then your comment is greatly appreciated.
StrumThatFender
364 IQ
Quote by Tarbosh
I don't know what you guys are talking about, this shit is tops. Not even being sarcastic. It's weird as **** and I like it.

It is actually brilliant, isn't it?
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
Man, I hope this isn't sarcasm.
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy
3,130 IQ
The intro actually sounds cool as fuck. The tempo changes are brilliant. You should try putting drums underneath to make it sound more complete. Honestly, I'd listen to this just for the intro. *shrug* I mean, I listen to Spastic Ink, and they're not so much different from this.

I had no idea what was going on during the heavy part. The whole section afterwards had some cool little parts that you could probably utilize and build songs around, but as a whole, I had no idea what the point of that was As you said though, it's an exercise. Use some of this stuff man, it's good (especially if you can play it)

But yeah, dat intro. The first 4 bars <3
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
The drums for the riff after the intro were made for the intro, I just took out the leads and made a riff on top of the drums. Was an experiment more than anything. I'm a huge fan of Spastic Ink so thank you for the comparison.
PatrekurÖrn
775 IQ
For some reason this keeps getting views, if anyone has any comments/hate, please do comment
Ometh
UG Addict
3,913 IQ
Quote by PatrekurÖrn
For some reason this keeps getting views, if anyone has any comments/hate, please do comment

Quote by PatrekurÖrn
but I'll probably just incorporate these ideas into more straightforward yet fairly insane songs

Do that now lol.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.