9/10

Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
I think this might be my favourite ever thread

Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
hey everyone remember how good this thread is

Quote by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
9/10

Quote by a_7_x
All those bands have more than one member.

Or is this another example of you using "we" to mean just you?

No. We were a 4-piece band that went out and played shows without a drummer before I decided it was never going to go anywhere and kicked everyone out.
Quote by a_7_x
How did that sound?

Really bad because we were considered a local joke because our rhythm guitarist would never tune and had stage freight really bad so he had to sit down to play during shows, the bassist would put his bass strap through his belt loops so he can squat down really low to play, not to mention he only played open notes because he couldnt really play. Our singer could never sing on key and during shows he would read off a lyric sheet, and he had embarrassing stage presence. Not to mention, we didnt have a drummer and we played shows with popular local bands that have pro-recorded full length albums released. Our band was really bad.
How the hell did you play metalcore without a drummer
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I don't think it matters if your guitarist sits or stands during shows - you never had a drummer. Like, that isn't serious is it?!
Quote by WCPhils
How the hell did you play metalcore without a drummer

Everyone just followed what I was doing to stay on time
Quote by edmodo23
No. We were a 4-piece band that went out and played shows without a drummer before I decided it was never going to go anywhere and kicked everyone out.

And you guys played metalcore? It's a good thing you had that much sense. If only you had enough to solve your problem through one or more of the many suggestions we gave.
Kill him.
Last edited by Extra Ordinary at Jan 18, 2013,
Quote by a_7_x
I don't think it matters if your guitarist sits or stands during shows - you never had a drummer. Like, that isn't serious is it?!

I knew we sucked, but the singer and guitarist were hoping we would impress a local drummer at a show that would want to join. It was a bad idea, we played for an audience of about 75 people once when we opened for The Day Is Ours
Quote by edmodo23
I knew we sucked, but the singer and guitarist were hoping we would impress a local drummer at a show that would want to join. It was a bad idea, we played for an audience of about 75 people once when we opened for The Day Is Ours

Pleeeeeease tell me there's a Youtube video of you guys playing?
So you decided that you wanted to go solo, and instead of saying "I'm leaving" you said "I'm kicking everyone else out"? What makes you feel like you have the right to decide that they can't continue without you?
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
So you decided that you wanted to go solo, and instead of saying "I'm leaving" you said "I'm kicking everyone else out"? What makes you feel like you have the right to decide that they can't continue without you?

They all pissed me off to the point where I didnt care about how they felt lol.
Quote by a_7_x
Pleeeeeease tell me there's a Youtube video of you guys playing?

Found and destroyed all of the videos i am aware of that ever existed
Quote by edmodo23
Found and destroyed all of the videos i am aware of that ever existed

But we are your new Pit brothers. Share one here - you may find a drummer?
Quote by a_7_x
But we are your new Pit brothers. Share one here - you may find a drummer?

It's true

I was considering it, but want to see how awesome you guys are first
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
It's true

I was considering it, but want to see how awesome you guys are first

We only had live footage of two shows we had, but I found the original files and deleted them. There are no more live videos of us that I am aware of. BUT we do have some demo recordings we made back in March 2012, if I can find my old flash drive I can probably post them.
Quote by whoomit
Please post them.

I want to hear how fat the bassist fingers are

He uses a pick
Quote by whywefight
he doesn't touch the fretboard at all? you mean, he uses picks to fret

the man's a genius!

Ohhhh. I mistunderstood. But he doesnt really touch the fretboard either. He mostly played the open D string over and over because i dont think he knows enough theory to write bass parts.
Quote by edmodo23
Ohhhh. I mistunderstood. But he doesnt really touch the fretboard either. He mostly played the open D string over and over because i dont think he knows enough theory to write bass parts.

Interesting

Where are the songs!?
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by WCPhils
Interesting

Where are the songs!?

On my old flash drive. I'll post them if I can find it
Quote by whywefight
Chugging on the open D, you say? A most interesting proposition. I'm not sure its been done before.

I know right? So innovative.
Quote by edmodo23
No. We were kinda like All That Remains and As I Lay Dying and Killswitch Engage.

Ew.

Converge isnt really metalcore to me. They seem to fall more in the hardcore punk realm.

Wrong.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by whywefight
he doesn't touch the fretboard at all? you mean, he uses picks to fret

the man's a genius!

I don't know why I laughed so hard
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
The real question is, who is the best Lord? The Lord of the Rings, the Lord of the Flies or the Lord of the Dance.
RPD - Finger Pickin' Good
Quote by MrPoopyFace
Show us a picture of your bassist.

I want to see how fat he really is.

Here's what he looked like. This is from a show in Fort Wayne we had, where his bass cable broke so he just played unplugged. Embarrassing
That's not fat though.
He looks big, but not fat.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
No drums and no bass. sounds edgy for metalcore! Can't wait to hear man.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
That's not fat though.
He looks big, but not fat.

This is back in 2011 though, before he gained a shit ton of weight. He weighs about 280 pounds now
Quote by edmodo23
Here's what he looked like. This is from a show in Fort Wayne we had, where his bass cable broke so he just played unplugged. Embarrassing

What's the dealio with the post-it's?