Hi all,

I want to start playing some classical guitar pieces, but I'm having trouble finding what to play from. I have no preference what I play. I've found it quite hard finding tab for 6 string classical guitar , most I've seen have been 12 string. Im trying to learn to read sheet music but even if I could read sheet music I wouldn't know where to find sheet music for 6 string classical guitar pieces. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks , Simon
3 things.

12 string classicals are not very common, I can't imagine how you can only find "12 string tabs".

"12 string tabs" should be the same as 6 string tabs anyway, as 12 strings are tuned in pairs.

Here's a good book for faily easy, and nice sounding classical pieces:

Sheet music. IMSLP - a free and legal database of classical sheet music
hundreds upon hundreds of pieces of classical music written for solo guitar. There are still more pieces arranged for solo guitar. If you want to learn classical music then you will greatly benefit from learning to read sheet music.

Try this link to IMSLP solo guitar pieces
http://imslp.org/index.php?title=Category:For_guitar&transclude=Template:Catintro
Si
Thank you, Ive got a book with pieces written in sheet music and tablature in and I'm learning sheet music as best I can! I have no idea how the site I ended up on had mainly 12 string tabs, I don't understand that
Quote by SimonGrounsell
Hi all,

I want to start playing some classical guitar pieces, but I'm having trouble finding what to play from. I have no preference what I play. I've found it quite hard finding tab for 6 string classical guitar , most I've seen have been 12 string. Im trying to learn to read sheet music but even if I could read sheet music I wouldn't know where to find sheet music for 6 string classical guitar pieces. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks , Simon

hey mate,
need some brilliant and exclusive music sheet on online for your guitar learning?
try this following link and have fun....trust me, you wont regret....

http://www.brassmusiconline.com