Hey all, I have finally joined the site I've been addicted to for awhile now.

I was just wondering when picking chord variations when people tab these songs is a non-barred Bm not an option? I've looked at most of the Neil Young songs on here and they're great but they all say play Bm as 111321, but Neil 99% of the time plays his Bm's as *04432.

Just an observation, good to be apart of GU.
Quote by oxpaulo

Just an observation, good to be apart of GU.

GUFTW!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Just play it whichever way you want. A Bm is still a Bm regardless of how you play it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

04432 is a Bm/A. You're best off just not playing that bottom two strings and playing 4432. I do this kind of top of a bar chord thing all the time. It helps you rethink the guitar.

I don't know what the **** 111321 would be. Bbm/F??? It would possibly sound like butt though.

I'm no theory nut though.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
04432 is a Bm/A. You're best off just not playing that bottom two strings and playing 4432. I do this kind of top of a bar chord thing all the time. It helps you rethink the guitar.

I don't know what the **** 111321 would be. Bbm/F??? It would possibly sound like butt though.

I'm no theory nut though.

Sorry I meant *24432, and thanks for the info. Only been playing about 6 months and in the Rust Never Sleeps book it still calls *04432 just a Bm.
Oh, I forgot to make a joke about somebody collecting neil young's shit.

And Trowzaa, I strongly disagree.
Quote by Sampy
GUFTW!

UG is the MMA forum so naturally I had to switch it up for fear of my MMA nerds choking me out.
Just listen to the songs and see if he uses the bass strings or not. He usually plucks them separately as far as I know and varies it.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 18, 2013,
Quote by snipelfritz
Oh, I forgot to make a joke about somebody collecting neil young's shit.

And Trowzaa, I strongly disagree.

As long as the inversion is the same then it hardly matters
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I think he almost always plays the 234222 one

Watch the fingering here on "Hank to Hendrix"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAiPQ2Ge50

And in the music books it's always like that.
Quote by oxpaulo
UG is the MMA forum so naturally I had to switch it up for fear of my MMA nerds choking me out.

Say what
Quote by chev311e
Say what

He's thinking of

Ultimate-gfighter.com

the "g" is silent.
Quote by Trowzaa
As long as the inversion is the same then it hardly matters

Low to high: 10.12.12xxx isn't going to give off the same sound as xx023x despite being the same exact notes.

Timbre is everything, man. It's not what you play, its how you play it. Sou'f'ness is the term I believe.

And if you think this is silly and trite, remember we're in a thread about Neil Young.
Last edited by snipelfritz at Jan 18, 2013,
Bm is a nice way to say bowel movement and that is what this thread makes me think of.
In my heart I'm with you

every night