Lacunallica
457 IQ
So I'm doing a project at school where I have to write a metal song.

This is my main set of idea so far.

No solos thus far, still haven't finished with the song's structure.

Tell me what you think of what I have so far

Thanks.
Attachments:
EPQ 1.gp5
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
The bridge at 145 was better than the rest of the song, but not by much. It's meh.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
gquady09
Tab Contributor
778 IQ
Quote by Lacunallica
Something constructive would've been nice.

You have to remember, you're talking to Ometh.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by gquady09
You have to remember, you're talking to Ometh.

Ouch, that hurt

I would post something constructive, but I can't be bothered atm.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
5,773 IQ
Well tbf neither Ometh or Epi are happy unless the song is super amazing and they'd rather rewrite it then tell you why it's bad.

Nah that's no fair, Epi's been super helpful in the past. But I sometimes get the hint that he's biased towards certain styles of music that he likes.

But you gotta learn which criticism it useful and which isn't.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Quote by ChemicalFire
Well tbf neither Ometh or Epi are happy unless the song is super amazing and they'd rather rewrite it then tell you why it's bad.

Not true, I can take genericness pretty well if the song is solid. The stuff I write is far from amazing but I'm still pretty happy with it. I ****ing love Vomitory, and you can't any step towards progression in their discography. Still pretty fun to listen to, for me at least. So yeah lol. Also I love trolling and pissing off people, so you have to take that into consideration sometimes
Quote by slapsymcdougal
Last edited by Ometh at Jan 19, 2013,
QuantumInfinity
Yeay!
278 IQ
It sounds like pretty standard Thrash, which is not so say it's bad, it's just everything but groundbreaking. But since it's not trying to be, I have to say that it pulls it off quite nicely.

The intro, I find somewhat boring, cutting it down to 2 parts would fit better - imo.
Then we go onto the verse riff, which is pretty cool in it's simplicity. It's definitely thrashy, but the drums could use a bit spicing up, a fill or two would probably make it sound more lively.
The chorus is probably my favorite part of the song, especially the first four bars; they sound really nice and could probably build up to some nice vocals there.
The following bridge is pretty meh, in my opinion. It doesn't wow me or anything, it really just glues the parts together, so I guess it's okay. A small lead could do wonders for that and since you said that it's only in an early Beta-Phase, I suppose that might be in the works.
Skipping forward to the Bridge at 145, it reminded me a lot of Metallica's That Was Just Your Life. I like the song but maybe spice it up so that it becomes more of it's own bridge.

Overall, pretty neat. Would not click it away if it had airtime on a stream, bar or w/e.
When you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you…