Shadowraen
43 IQ
Hey,

So I recently started playing on an old acoustic I had laying around but now I want to move on to an electric. Looking on Craigslist, I narrowed it down to a Dean Vendetta for $75 and a Shecter Omen 6 for $100. Both are in good condition.

For me, it's important that whatever I get is fairly versatile so I can play any genre I decide I like (i.e. blues,rock, etc. - haven't really found my thing yet).

Also, I was looking at the Roland Micro Cube for a starter amp- anyone have some
experience with it?

Thanks.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i'm not really familiar with either of those guitars, but it's hard to go wrong with a microcube. a vox mini3 or da5 is another similar type of thing which is also worth considering.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Danitarium
Giggle Box
300 IQ
Those guitars are pretty much the same thing, and either would suit your needs. So go with whatever is more aesthetically pleasing. I've heard nothing but good things about the cube amps. Also check out Line 6 Spider amps.
DeanoM50810
Getting there...
827 IQ
Quote by Danitarium
Those guitars are pretty much the same thing, and either would suit your needs. So go with whatever is more aesthetically pleasing. I've heard nothing but good things about the cube amps. Also check out Line 6 Spider amps.

What?
OP: If you see any Vox Pathfinders, be sure to check them out. I heard plenty of good things about them.
Last edited by DeanoM50810 at Jan 19, 2013,
Powersurge213
224 IQ
Having owned a Line 6 Spider, I would say go for the cube. Spider's aren't bad amps, but they don't hold their value at all and are incredibly hard to sell from experience, whereas cube's are always popular for a reason

edit; what am I saying.... definitely don't get a Spider. Just don't do it...
Poglia
Rhythm guitarist
3,895 IQ
I'd get the Omen 6 and a Micro Cube. I used to have the 60W version of the Cube and it kicked ass! Great amp for the money.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by DeanoM50810
What?
OP: If you see any Vox Pathfinders, be sure to check them out. I heard plenty of good things about them.

i'd say the microcube or voxes are more versatile... granted if you only want voxy tones the pathfinder is quite nice.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

Woffelz
Mmmm...donuts...
3,342 IQ
Get a Roland Cube. I have one and I love it. Versatile and is probably the best sounding practise amp I've played.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z
Ibanez SRX430
Alesis Core 1
GR5/ReValver 4

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Shadowraen
43 IQ
I think I'm going to get the micro cube and the schecter- while the dean looks a little nicer, it retails for about 1/2 to 1/3 of the schecter. So I'm assuming that means it's a bit better.
samuraigoomba
491 IQ
That schecter neck heel is awful. Just an FYI. If you play the Omen 6, I hope you don't like playing up high on the frets.

The more expensive Schecters have set necks and feel much nicer, but I'm not really a Schecter person anyway. The Omen-6 pickups are very bassy and muddy. Again, not my style. The good news is that guitar is built like a tank, and feels like it, too.
Shadowraen
43 IQ
Quote by samuraigoomba
That schecter neck heel is awful. Just an FYI. If you play the Omen 6, I hope you don't like playing up high on the frets.

The more expensive Schecters have set necks and feel much nicer, but I'm not really a Schecter person anyway. The Omen-6 pickups are very bassy and muddy. Again, not my style. The good news is that guitar is built like a tank, and feels like it, too.

so would you recommend the dean over it?