Page 3 of 4
GC would offer you about $150 for the stack.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by gregs1020
your better off selling it on your own.

put it up for $475 on craigslist and hope for the best.

dont think so lol, I bough it for 300 bucks at GC specifically because I thought that 30 watts was too soft and because it was so cheap
Quote by Volcz
Less talk more cats.

I second this notion.
Ibanez: RGD2127Z
Ibanez: RG1527
Ibanez: RG1570
Ibanez: S7420
Ibanez: JS100
Dean: Razorback Cemetery Gates
Peavey: 6505+
Fractal Audio: Axe FX II mark 2
Mesa Boogie: Recto 4x12

7>6! Join the 7-string legion!
Quote by ch1ng_chung
it makes my telecaster sound like one of those pointy stratocasters with a floyd rose on any OD setting...

umm.... sure ok if you say so. please explain how exactly an amp can make your non trem guitar sound like one with a trem.
Quote by monwobobbo
umm.... sure ok if you say so. please explain how exactly an amp can make your non trem guitar sound like one with a trem.

i already said so,
1) little sustain
2) thin brittle tone
3) overdrive is either thin and brittle or chug-chugging like a locomotive
Quote by ch1ng_chung
i already said so,
1) little sustain
2) thin brittle tone
3) overdrive is either thin and brittle or chug-chugging like a locomotive

Not all guitars with floyd roses constitute those tonal characteristics, just the cheap ones. I have a pointy guitar with a floyd that I play some music from the 60's with, It doesn't sound thin, brittle, or chuggy unless I set my amp to settings suited for that, otherwise it sounds like any other guitar. As for the sustain, it may not have quite as much as some guitars, but its certainly not like I'm playing staccatto or anything, the sustain is about what anyone who'd reasonably hold out a note would want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8wyKuLY2k

This man makes every part of your argument invalid.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Last edited by Viban at Jan 23, 2013,
Quote by ch1ng_chung
dont think so lol, I bough it for 300 bucks at GC specifically because I thought that 30 watts was too soft and because it was so cheap

put it up for $350 then and hope for the best.
My custom built Gilchrist has a FR trem and it has great sustain. Even with EMG's it's hardly what I'd call brittle either.
At the speed the TS is digging a hole he'll be able to go for dinner in Beijing.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by gregs1020
the marshall MG?

i'm not a fan.

TS, do you gig? play wt friends?

hang in there
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 23, 2013,

Quote by Cathbard
My custom built Gilchrist has a FR trem and it has great sustain. Even with EMG's it's hardly what I'd call brittle either.
At the speed the TS is digging a hole he'll be able to go for dinner in Beijing.

Why do I get the feeling that those are your cats?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by jj1565

TS, do you gig? play wt friends?

hang in there

not looking for high wattage amp. I used a Orange Tiny Terror (the combo) on the 7.5 watt setting to play Voodoo Child for a 900 seat stage and I put the gain on 4 and the volume on 9 (if I recall correctly), so volume's not an issue

I'm thinking either a VOX AC-15 VR (are those good?), a Jet City JCA2012HS, or a $300 used Peavey Classic 30 at my local Guitar Center. Are any of those exceptionally good?
TS I don't think you know what you're talking about.

The TSL really isn't a terrible amp. I think you must really be terrible at EQ'ing an amp, if you can't make a Marshall TSL sound good.

Anyway forget about the AC15VR, you might as well go all-tube rather than a hybrid.

Then again, what's your budget, location, styles of music you play, gig or home, willing to buy new or used, current gear? etc. Then we can help you more.

Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Jan 23, 2013,
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by cdr_salamander

Oh my god why is this so funny to me?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by Viban
Not all guitars with floyd roses constitute those tonal characteristics, just the cheap ones. I have a pointy guitar with a floyd that I play some music from the 60's with, It doesn't sound thin, brittle, or chuggy unless I set my amp to settings suited for that, otherwise it sounds like any other guitar. As for the sustain, it may not have quite as much as some guitars, but its certainly not like I'm playing staccatto or anything, the sustain is about what anyone who'd reasonably hold out a note would want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY8wyKuLY2k

This man makes every part of your argument invalid.

The bottom neck has both a fixed bridge and a Fernandes sustainer.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The bottom neck has both a fixed bridge and a Fernandes sustainer.

I was talking about the one with the floyd, that doesn't have a sustainer. Not the fretless one I know his fretless has a sustainer. As a matter of fact I was looking ata fernandes system because of what I saw in this song until I saw it'd cost me 300 bones to do cool shit like that.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by ch1ng_chung
I'm thinking either a VOX AC-15 VR (are those good?), a Jet City JCA2012HS, or a $300 used Peavey Classic 30 at my local Guitar Center. Are any of those exceptionally good?

the jet city and the classic 30 are decent.

try them. used orange TT heads sell for around $400. i think the night train head is around $400 new right now. try a tweaker 15 watt too if you can.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Viban
Why do I get the feeling that those are your cats?

These are my cats.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
These are my cats.

Dear god man, dust your PA bins, I'm sure you're probably compiling carpet on top of carpet with those fluffy little things laying everywhere too, aren't you you dirty catman you.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

What. The. Hell...
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by AcousticMirror
that's that one guy from kiss.

I find everything Tim curry has ever done cumulatively including the rocky horror picture show less disturbing than that one picture.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

I always thought this was creepy.

You guys got me on this crazy .gif tangent now...

If I recall correctly, wasn't that one actually from a snuff film that was banned in many different civilized countries?
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
^No?

It's just fiction, progressive horror or whatever, with a documentary aspect. I would never post my snuff on the forums.

Not very popular.
Last edited by DeathByDestroyr at Jan 24, 2013,
No? Then that must have just been the nonsensing of the people in the thread I last saw that in.

I actually sorta wanna watch that movie now, it looks creepily interesting.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
From MGs to cats to the Poughkeepsie tapes.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by greeny23
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by Volcz
TS I don't think you know what you're talking about.

The TSL really isn't a terrible amp. I think you must really be terrible at EQ'ing an amp, if you can't make a Marshall TSL sound good.

Anyway forget about the AC15VR, you might as well go all-tube rather than a hybrid.

Then again, what's your budget, location, styles of music you play, gig or home, willing to buy new or used, current gear? etc. Then we can help you more.

Well I don't need too much drive, but I would like a good amount. Like twice the amount of drive from a Fender Blues Jr. (uncranked FYI, because I've never heard how it sounds cranked) and about the same sort of sound, just warmer but with the same level of harmonic output.

Also, I hate the kind of sound from the Marshall 1 watt combos (I've tried the JMP 1 and the JTM 1, the JTM was alright at best)
Quote by ch1ng_chung
Well I don't need too much drive, but I would like a good amount. Like twice the amount of drive from a Fender Blues Jr. (uncranked FYI, because I've never heard how it sounds cranked) and about the same sort of sound, just warmer but with the same level of harmonic output.

Also, I hate the kind of sound from the Marshall 1 watt combos (I've tried the JMP 1 and the JTM 1, the JTM was alright at best)

Honestly that really doesn't help. Maybe answer ALL the questions.. lol.
Quote by greeny23
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by Volcz
Honestly that really doesn't help. Maybe answer ALL the questions.. lol.

Is a Line 6 Flextone III good? I found one bundled with a Laguna LE524HH for around $220 on Craigslist.

Oh, and also a Fender Mustang III for $250
Last edited by ch1ng_chung at Jan 28, 2013,
Quote by Ian_the_fox
So is it an intake fan? Then that means the MG "sucks", and that's a fact!

Or is it an exhaust fan? Then that means the MG "blows", and that's a fact!

Actually, the fan will suck air in from one side, and blow it out the other. So it sucks and also blows at the same time. Therefore we can conclude that the MG sucks and blows.

Jackson RR3 Rhoads and DK2M Dinky
Peavey 6505+ w/ Avatar 212 cab
Ibanez TS9, ISP Decimator, MXR 10 Band EQ
-Digitech RP1000
Quote by Tremolo Bum
Actually, the fan will suck air in from one side, and blow it out the other. So it sucks and also blows at the same time. Therefore we can conclude that the MG sucks and blows.

Those things are so damned cool, but they're so expensive.
Quote by R45VT
Bastards.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"