Hello,
I have an Android phone that actually makes decent sounding recordings. I'm using it to get rough ideas down but the stock recording software that comes with the phone kinda sucks.
I need a free DAW capable of multiple track recording so I can layer lead on rhythm guitar and do the occasional bass line.
I do have a good recording setup but I need something more portable for my spur of the moment ideas. Usually by the time I setup the mics, open the DAW, get the mixer powered up I usually forget what I was recording in the first place.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--timbit
..I was watching my death.
Last edited by timbit2006 at Jan 20, 2013,
Look for HiQ mp3. I don't remember the company name. It's not multitrack but I've gotten GREAT recordings out of it.
Quote by Billwallace89
Look for HiQ mp3. I don't remember the company name. It's not multitrack but I've gotten GREAT recordings out of it.

Multitracking is a must for me. The "Sound Recorder" app that comes stock with the phone is pretty decent although it does save to some weird 3ga format that I have to convert.
..I was watching my death.
Good luck finding one that's any good that doesn't kill your Android battery. Unfortunately, Android doesn't have an audio engine capable of doing Multi-track very well from what I remember from a year ago (this question has been brought up before). If you want something that's going to do Multi-Track well, sell your soul to Apple and buy an iPhone
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I've been using "Twotrack Recorder" on my Android without any issues with the battery or anything. I used another one that did more tracks, but can't remember the name and chose to use Twotrack because it's faster and all I need to scratch down ideas. I think multitracking probably has alot to do with your processor and ram in your phone. I have a SnapDragon 1.2 dual core processor and 1 gig of RAM in my LG Motion and have no issues running multitrack recordings. I'm not sure if platform matters either, but I'm running ICS still.
I did a quick search and I remembered correctly. Android, up until 4.1, didn't have a Low Latency Audio Engine like iOS has had forever. Still, from what I've read, its far from perfect and there is still a ton of latency.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp