UnbrokenGlass
1,647 IQ
I'm looking to pick up a solid state amp(yeah, I know). I've already got a decent array of amps to work with, both tube and a couple of reliable beaters kicking around; I'm looking for a colder post-punkish tone like Bauhaus, Wire, and Gang of Four, so I'm looking for something like an HH IC100, but they're a pain to find in the US(in my experience at least). Looking to pay no more than 500, less is preferable(isn't it always?), would like a combo but I'd take a head. Buying in and around the New England area.
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by &baconstrips
http://www.spacemanmusic.com/Amps/Transistor+Amps/HH+Electronics+VS+Musician
I know nothing about this amp (or HH amps in general), but if this is the kind of amp you want, you could email these guys and see how much it would cost for them to ship it. They're a legit store, I've been there many times.

lol Ottawa 4 life
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
&baconstrips
601 IQ
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
lol Ottawa 4 life

lol you live in this hole too? Stoked for -20C all week?
Kenneth
H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
Quote by &baconstrips
lol you live in this hole too? Stoked for -20C all week?

Unfortunately yes.

I have to work outside tomorrow
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Maineguitarist
Go to Mainer
887 IQ
I know nothing of HH or all this technical shlit, but if you want a Solid State amp, I recommend Acoustic's™ Lead series amps. I own there G20 amp, and its a damn good amp. Don't let the price plant seeds of doubt in you (The G20 new is $70), it really is good for the price.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

Last edited by Maineguitarist at Jan 20, 2013,
UnbrokenGlass
1,647 IQ
Really not what I'm looking for at all(and it'd be nice if people who chimed in actually knew the kind of tone that I'm talking about about), but thanks.
UnbrokenGlass
1,647 IQ
Sweet, I'll look into a Sunn Beta Lead; I've found a few of them online within my price range(which is surprising, looking at other Sunn amps they all go 1,000 and up).
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
2,300 IQ
I listened to one Wire song and one Gang of Four song. You want that crisp clean tone? Fender Frontman 212R

EDIT: I got rid of mine cuz I couldn't get rid of that sound
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Jan 20, 2013,
Maineguitarist
Go to Mainer
887 IQ
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
Really not what I'm looking for at all(and it'd be nice if people who chimed in actually knew the kind of tone that I'm talking about about), but thanks.

No need to be rude. I was just trying to help.
My Name is Cameron.
Quote by Cathbard
For me, bedroom levels is a cranked plexi half stack.

Now get off my ****ing lawn.

IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
2,300 IQ
Hey... ACKNOWLEDGE MY POST
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
While it is a hybrid amplifier rather than a pure solid-state amp, you might want to look at Marshall's Mode Four. it will do what you've asked and a lot more. You should be able to find one in your price range.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage
1,113 IQ
Robert Smith uses a trio of Roland Cubes these days if that sways you at all.
UnbrokenGlass
1,647 IQ
Quote by IronMaiden76
Hey... ACKNOWLEDGE MY POST

I'll look into a Frontman 212. You know, I've never actually played through one.
woad_yurt
959 IQ
The cool thing about SS amps is their cleanness. Just so long as you have the proper pedals, you can get almost anything out of a decent one.

Have you checked out a Crate Powerblock? It's not bad, totally giggable. I'm a tube freak so that isn't something I usually say about SS gear. Also, Yorkville Sound made some great stuff in the '70s. You can pick an old one up for $150 on eBay & Craigslist. I used to have a 50 watt 4x10 Sonax combo made by them. It was my only amp for like 7-8 years and I certainly didn't feel shorted.
IronMaiden76
UG's Krabby Patty
2,300 IQ
Quote by UnbrokenGlass
I'll look into a Frontman 212. You know, I've never actually played through one.

yeah man it's not that bad. I gigged with one for a few years. Of course I upgrade and the band breaks up
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech
2,565 IQ
Ampeg VH140C?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone