Page 3 of 4
If you tell them that you'll record it as a demo, sure. Then give them full rights to all the songs. That way they can use it as a tape to send to places to get shows, bigger deals, etc. It could help them in a lot of ways.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by willT08
It's not extra money if you don't have a real job. It's just money. Ripping kids off is what you do for money.

Gotta stick to what you're good at though
ayy lmao
Has he even specified that he has any experience whatsoever engineering, producing, mixing or mastering?
Quote by willT08
Has he even specified that he has any experience whatsoever engineering, producing, mixing or mastering?

I meant he's good at ripping off children.
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
I meant he's good at ripping off children.

I know. I'm just looking for more reasons to lay in to the little shit.
Well my recording quality isn't too terrible, I plan on showing them a sample of guitar tracks I've recorded and hope they're gullible enough to believe it's worth 20/h
Quote by JustRooster
If you tell them that you'll record it as a demo, sure. Then give them full rights to all the songs. That way they can use it as a tape to send to places to get shows, bigger deals, etc. It could help them in a lot of ways.

This.

Don't be a dick and ruin it for them, even if you do dislike their music.
Quote by willT08
I know. I'm just looking for more reasons to lay in to the little shit.

Well, it was implicit he had/has some level of experience with recording.

He's stated he has old band demos and that he ...y'know...has recording equipment

Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Don't be a dick and ruin it for them, even if you do dislike their music.

This, too.

Accept their money and give them the best service you can offer with your current equipment.
ayy lmao
Last edited by chookiecookie at Jan 21, 2013,
At first i read the title and went "of course you are", and then i read this:

Quote by edmodo23
Should I take advantage of some 14 and 15 year olds who dont know anything to make hundreds of dollars?

It's sigable, i'll give you that
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
It's funny that I was in the same position as you when I was 17.
It was a shitload of work to get them to sound good.
Had to redo all the guitars and bass myself.

They ended up not using anything I did because I told them it was impossible to make a 14 year old trying to scream sound good.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by adamgur96
At first i read the title and went "of course you are", and then i read this:

It's sigable, i'll give you that

Why don't you sig it, then?

EDIT: Just realized their band name is "As Her Body Burns"
Last edited by edmodo23 at Jan 21, 2013,
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Oh boy, not angry pre-pubescent children!!!

TS is still in highschool. If a hoard of 14-15 year olds jump him with weapons (probably sticks or metal pipe or something) he's going to be a bloody mess.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
TS is still in highschool. If a hoard of 14-15 year olds jump him with weapons (probably sticks or metal pipe or something) he's going to be a bloody mess.

Yeah, but then TS gets HIS hoard of 14-15 year olds to jump them back with weapons. Then they go to each other's schools at lunch time and stir more shit up. That's how high-school works right?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Being teenagers they are going to run out of money before they finish recording an entire full length EP, then it will be you that will be the one who gets ripped off. More then likely once you reach that point where you say if you dont have anymore money we cant continue recording, or if they come to their senses and realize how much cash its actually gonna be you might end up with nothing at all but a whole lot of time wasted.

With this is mind, you don't sound too old or mature either, if you really want to be a good producer suggest to them the power of singles, or a demo. What someone needs at that point of their career is some recorded material to expose themselves to the public but don't have enough of a following to record a full length and get enough sales done to break even. This is where the demo comes in, record 3-5 songs at that price or even give them a flat rate per song if you want to guarantee it will get done, and they can put these on their facebook/bandcamp/reverbnation/myspace, and hand them out for free to everyone they know on a blank dollar store cd.

Two/three/four years from now when people know who they are, and there more stable as a band, they can use money they make from their own jobs to record a full length and spend some extra on a better engineer (someone who actually knows the right word for what he's doing), and presentation (booklet, cd art, band logo, etc.)
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah, but then TS gets HIS hoard of 14-15 year olds to jump them back with weapons. Then they go to each other's schools at lunch time and stir more shit up. That's how high-school works right?

Hahaha, yeah. good times. (:
you're a stone fox
If you were somehow serious in your approach to music/being a producer you'd see it as a challenge and go in for it wholeheartedly to try and make it work even though they might not be the best musicians nor the genre you prefer. Seeing as you don't tells me a lot more about you and your ambition to become a producer than them as musicians.

Establishing yourself as a producer will hardly be easy and you can't expect to be able to only produce bands that are brilliant and from the genres you love the most. If you expect it to be like this you might as well stop trying already.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 21, 2013,
^ Nail on the head right there. I have been producing for a couple years I started when I was 22. I love making all sorts of stuff with my equipment, rap, metal, raggae, country. Having an open mind will take you alot further.
Quote by edmodo23
That's nothing. I took my cheap Chinese-made snare drum and put stickers with the Slipknot logo on it, and told this kid it was a Joey Jordison custom snare. He believed me, and I sold it to him for 155 bucks. people are dumbasses.

not sure if trolling or worthless piece of shit
sunbather is shit
Saw the thread title... knew it would be edmondo.

I wouldn't trust you to produce carbon dioxide when you breath out.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by beefcake122
not sure if trolling or worthless piece of shit

Either way, personally...if I were his potential "clients", I'd rather learn to record it themselves than let TS do it. If they read this thread, TS would be screwed.
Oh god metalcore is so damn cringe-worthy, and these kids remind me why.

Nontheless, I will agree that you are a jerktit, TS.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: This jazz piano music playing over the PA like wow for once it's good stuff they're playing

What if blue cheese is just regular cheese but it's accelerating towards you really fast?
Quote by edmodo23
Hey I filmed this!

The video wasn't funny. You and your friends aren't funny. Give up.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
Oh god metalcore is so damn cringe-worthy, and these kids remind me why.

Nontheless, I will agree that you are a jerktit, TS.

There's good metalcore out there.

I mean, not a lot of it, but it exists. Most of it (if not all of it) is from bands that formed in the '90s. It doesn't really sound anything like the shit coming out these days, though, so it probably could use a different genre name.

I've heard some people call older metalcore (and new stuff recorded by the aforementioned old bands) "metallic hardcore" to differentiate it, but I dunno.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jan 21, 2013,
Quote by Saint78

Oh no, not 14 year olds with sticks!!!
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Oh no, not 14 year olds with sticks!!!

i'll beat you to death
you're a stone fox
I'd do it for sure, but I wouldn't 'rip them off'. If they're happy paying $20 an hour then fine, but I'd be as efficient as physically possible.

Also, I don't think I know a single guitarist who has never used this website before, so ya know, be careful with what you make public...
Don't ****ing do it man.

One day one of those kids will see you in a club or a bar and they'll be all like 'dick', and you'll feel shitty.

Small things you do can make you feel pretty bad about yourself later on in life. Either do it properly or tell them to jog on. Think about your karma.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

Well, considering that I want a good reputation with recording around our school, I will try my very best to make them sound good, but considering that they are 8th and 9th graders, that will be tricky.. They were the ones who want to pay me 20 bucks per hour for sub par recording quality, but considering the amount of work I'll have to put into producing, recording, mixing and mastering their music.
Do your complete best to make them sound as good as possible or don't record a thing. Don't tarnish the recording profession. In fact, **** off. You are a bully.
Quote by roaraudio
Do your complete best to make them sound as good as possible or don't record a thing. Don't tarnish the recording profession. In fact, **** off. You are a bully.

roaraudio vs edmodo?

long have I dreamt of this day
Quote by roaraudio

smite him!
you're a stone fox
Quote by roaraudio

Nooo, why don't YOU **** off??? I'm against bullying 115% and it pisses me off. So go watch the PSA's that I scripted and directed on my YouTube channel. Bullying is bad.
Quote by edmodo23
Nooo, why don't YOU **** off??? I'm against bullying 115% and it pisses me off. So go watch the PSA's that I scripted and directed on my YouTube channel. Bullying is bad.

oh shit. roaraudio is our king, you bully.
you're a stone fox
Quote by edmodo23

Well, you seem ok with screwing up their record because you dislike their music.

So...you're being a bully. Or a hypocrite. Or both.

@roaraudio:
Do you wish me to dispose of this infidel, my lord?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, you seem ok with screwing up their record because you dislike their music.

So...you're being a bully. Or a hypocrite. Or both.

@roaraudio:
Do you wish me to dispose of this infidel, my lord?

Whoawhoawhoa man. I said I would produce their album to the best of my abilities, but considering my low-fi recording equipment, i feel like $20/h is totally ripping them off. But its what they want I guess, and if I'm making hundreds of dollars off musically ignorant middle schoolers, then I am okay with this.
Tell them to buy an interface, record the parts themselves and send them to me. I'll mix and master for free and to a better standard than you could.