lemurflames
Ronnie
188 IQ
So much brass and gold. It's nice to see that his family and friends approve of this.
Ibanez RG652KFX Prestige
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
moody git
i probably won't commit
360 IQ
i'm honestly surprised it took this long.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Sudaka
Novice Bass Player
1,096 IQ
Headstock
I'd love to hear some clips of it.
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Yes, but the Tribute model had an ebony fretboard and this one has a rosewood fretboard. On that point alone, I'd take the Tribute. And given that the Tribute sold for about US$3,000.00, I wonder what kind of nosebleed price they'll stick on this one?
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
CJ Noble
WAHAHA~!
342 IQ
Quote by FatalGear41
Yes, but the Tribute model had an ebony fretboard and this one has a rosewood fretboard. On that point alone, I'd take the Tribute. And given that the Tribute sold for about US$3,000.00, I wonder what kind of nosebleed price they'll stick on this one?

I've heard 2400, no telling what it'll actually go for though
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
beer bear
UG's Hermit
116 IQ
Seems a decent bass by the specs. You'll probably have to pay ridiculous amounts for it because of Burton's name on it though. Normally that bass would be about 1000$? Still, it's better than the John Entwistle signatures that Dean started making a few years back...
GAPendragon
Fist Shaking Pony
523 IQ
RRP is £3999, which is $6,329.74. Maybe slightly less in the US since most states pay less tax.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Spaz91
RIP Terry
6,280 IQ
Gold is not a useful metal.

I'm assuming this is only aimed at the kind of Metallica tribute bands that have the cash to buy such junk. Think the Bootleg Beatles.
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Quote by Spaz91
Gold is not a useful metal.

Its shiny. It conducts electricity and it's resistant to corrosion. But more importantly, it's shiny.

That said that price is ridiculous when you can just get an old used Aria for like 1/6 of the cost.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
That is ugly and a ridculous amount of money for what you get. I would not consider it a sig bass, Cliff has been dead for years. he had nothing to do with this bass at all. This would be a tribute aswell.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ddhm
25 IQ
Goodness, Aria must really be struggling. That price is just stupid. Jeez, the body is alder for goodness sake. It appears to be about a $300 bass to me. They can keep it.
jumpaside
388 IQ
I thought that would be my bass until I saw the pricetag.
GAPendragon
Fist Shaking Pony
523 IQ
There are plenty of replacement parts around. It's probably possible to adapt a regular Aria to look like one for 3 or 400.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Ziphoblat
The Enigma
390 IQ
Quote by ddhm
Goodness, Aria must really be struggling. That price is just stupid. Jeez, the body is alder for goodness sake. It appears to be about a $300 bass to me. They can keep it.

And what's wrong with alder? Look at the Musicman Bongo, that's made of basswood. Alder is a high end wood if you get a good cut of it.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Spanner93
333 IQ
Quote by Ziphoblat
And what's wrong with alder? Look at the Musicman Bongo, that's made of basswood. Alder is a high end wood if you get a good cut of it.

There's nothing wrong with alder. But for that price, I want a bass made of solid diamond with a plutonium headstock and the electronics should contain parts of the pope's ipad.

Actually, no plutonium headstock, it'd neck dive terribly....
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
ddhm
25 IQ
Quote by Ziphoblat

Alder is not a high end wood (imho). It is one of the least expensive acceptable body woods. Go have a look at Gilmerwood.com for one example. Alder is the cheapest body blank across the board. It's not because they don't have nice wood there either.
If you were to find a cut of alder that had been sunken in a lake for 10000 years, yes. A regular cut, not so much.
Also, since you threw it out there: The Bongos sound (and look) terrible to me. They even feel cheap. Again, that's my opinion. You might like one and might make one sing. Cool! Not my cup 'o tea.
I feel that the price that Aria is asking is silly. I would NEVER pay that for that instrument. Heck, you could get really nice Spector Euro for that price... or a used Alembic. Something hand made, with really nice woods and electronics and still have enough left over for dinner I'd bet.
ddhm
25 IQ
I like the ostrich case though lol. That probably cost more than the body wood.
Tostitos
caffeinated
868 IQ
Quote by ddhm
you could get really nice Spector Euro for that price... or a used Alembic. Something hand made, with really nice woods and electronics and still have enough left over for dinner I'd bet.

I know this is completely missing the point, but you do realize all the current Spector Euro models utilize alder in some capacity or another right?
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Feb 7, 2013,
ddhm
25 IQ
Quote by Tostitos
I know this is completely missing the point, but you do realize all the current Spector Euro models utilize alder in some capacity or another right?

Perhaps the new ones do... I've not looked into it. Mine does not. As you can imagine, since I already have one, I'm not really looking at the specs of the new ones.

OK, how about this: everyone go buy one now. I, however will not. I feel that they are grossly overpriced.
Ziphoblat
The Enigma
390 IQ
Quote by ddhm
Alder is not a high end wood (imho). It is one of the least expensive acceptable body woods. Go have a look at Gilmerwood.com for one example. Alder is the cheapest body blank across the board. It's not because they don't have nice wood there either.

Sorry, but the most expensive basses/guitars you can buy use alder bodies. It is not a "cheap" wood, because it is used in some of the most sought after tones out there.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan