Page 2 of 3
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
How else am i supposed to tell you my rating? You're just going to tell me that i'm -50/10 no matter what i do or say.

I demand a survey with a statistically sound methodology.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

I've grown up with my sister my entire life and i can say, without based on prejudice, but based on life experience, that she has shown a lot of arrogant behaviour and she makes arrogant claims. And since you didn't read the OP, i'll say this again. I am not interested in owning one to piss my sister off.

My idea is still on the table.
ayy lmao
Do what you want, but whether you believe in something or not - those things dont always turn out so good whether it's from self-imposed anxiety or something actually crossing over.

I would be very careful with how eager you get if you do make contact with something, you can start by responding but eventually it might start contacting without being contacted first.

A funny story now: My best friend always says the worse experience he ever had as a little kid was when his older brother was babysitting him. His brother had bought a ouija board and they were on their parents bed trying it out. His brother asks the board: "If Rob gets off this bed, will you kill him?" he immediately slides it to "yes". Then he gets off the bed, turns off the lights and locked him in the room. My friend says his parents found him like 3 hours later hiding under the covers having cried himself to sleep. Now if that isn't a cruel older brother, I don't know what is lol.
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
WAIT A SECOND.

There's controversy over a Ouija board? What kind of stupid shit is that. It's a board with numbers and letters on it. And you want to get one to be controversial, but you said you don't want it to be rebellious. Those are kind of similar in this view.

I don't think many people consider them "controversial" or "vessels for the devil" anymore.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I demand a survey with a statistically sound methodology.

X= Y/0

X is sexiness as perceived by neo

Y is actual sexiness.
Quote by Wisthekiller
WAIT A SECOND.

There's controversy over a Ouija board? What kind of stupid shit is that. It's a board with numbers and letters on it. And you want to get one to be controversial, but you said you don't want it to be rebellious. Those are kind of similar in this view.

I don't think many people consider them "controversial" or "vessels for the devil" anymore.

You'd be surprised, some still do.
Quote by LightxGrenade
Do what you want, but whether you believe in something or not - those things dont always turn out so good whether it's from self-imposed anxiety or something actually crossing over.

I would be very careful with how eager you get if you do make contact with something, you can start by responding but eventually it might start contacting without being contacted first.

A funny story now: My best friend always says the worse experience he ever had as a little kid was when his older brother was babysitting him. His brother had bought a ouija board and they were on their parents bed trying it out. His brother asks the board: "If Rob gets off this bed, will you kill him?" he immediately slides it to "yes". Then he gets off the bed, turns off the lights and locked him in the room. My friend says his parents found him like 3 hours later hiding under the covers having cried himself to sleep. Now if that isn't a cruel older brother, I don't know what is lol.

You believe that the Ouija Board possessing people is real??

Edit: OOOOH right! I read the first and second paragraphs before the third and i was like WHAAAAAAAAT???!
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 21, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

You believe that the Ouija Board possessing people is real??

Edit: OOOOH right! I read the first and second paragraphs before the third and i was like WHAAAAAAAAT???!

Not necessarily. I do believe humans try to connect the dots when they can't explain things. We're very high on causality, things need to have a cause and effect for us to make sense of it most of the time. You use a ouija board, then that night you hear creaking outside your bedroom. Even if you don't believe in it, the idea is already in your head that "maybe, just maybe" it did work.
You don't seem like a weak-minded person so it probably wouldn't bother you. That being said, I believe Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil for guitar skills, so why can't a Ouija board be real
Gibson LP Studio
Taylor 518E
Washburn WD15SCE acoustic electric
Carvin DC727 (ordered! The wait is driving me nuts!)
Quote by LightxGrenade
Not necessarily. I do believe humans try to connect the dots when they can't explain things. We're very high on causality, things need to have a cause and effect for us to make sense of it most of the time. You use a ouija board, then that night you hear creaking outside your bedroom. Even if you don't believe in it, the idea is already in your head that "maybe, just maybe" it did work.
You don't seem like a weak-minded person so it probably wouldn't bother you.

I'm not going to let my lack of a weak mind kill off all the fun though.
Quote by LightxGrenade
That being said, I believe Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil for guitar skills, so why can't a Ouija board be real

I think Kirk Hammett did the exact opposite of Robert Johnson. He even has the board itself on his guitars too. Maybe it's real after all?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
X= Y/0

X is sexiness as perceived by neo

Y is actual sexiness.

This is not a survey!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
You're a pantheist. We get it. It's in your sig, you don't need to put it in every post.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
TS, are you a pantheist by any chance?

If you are, you're probably not even a real pantheist though and just a pretentious atheist that wants to pretend that he isn't pretentious.

Anyway, no you shouldn't. That's one of the worst ideas I've ever heard.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You might as well hang a Monopoly board on your ceiling.
They are made by the same people......
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by Hydra150
I'm going to go on Grand Designs and build a house with the layout of the Cluedo house. And then I'm going to kill Kevin McCloud with a pipe.

if you aren't afraid of forgetting to hide the thing when your sister visits and potentially estranging her, i say yes.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by JustRooster
You're a pantheist. We get it. It's in your sig, you don't need to put it in every post.

It's relevant to the topic at hand. I posted it for the sake of clarification because some people might see me as a Satanist for wanting the board as they're ignorant to what my beliefs actually entail.
Quote by theogonia777
TS, are you a pantheist by any chance?

If you are, you're probably not even a real pantheist though and just a pretentious atheist that wants to pretend that he isn't pretentious.

Is this a pretentious enough answer to satisfy you?

Maybe i'll throw in a spoiler containing a sarcastic comment just to push it to the next level.

Do you seriously think i hold my beliefs just to look cool and edgy? I'll take that as a complement, it's cool that my beliefs are seen with so much sophistication.

But seriously, props for making me laugh.
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
if you aren't afraid of forgetting to hide the thing when your sister visits and potentially estranging her, i say yes.

That is a potential danger.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by whywefight
nope, douche move to buy one just to piss people off.

I'm not buying it to piss people off. This is the third time i've disclaimed it.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I've grown up with my sister my entire life and i can say, without based on prejudice, but based on life experience, that she has shown a lot of arrogant behaviour and she makes arrogant claims. And since you didn't read the OP, i'll say this again. I am not interested in owning one to piss my sister off.

All people with religion that makes them believe in some fairy tail sugar coated wonderland and a highly overrated "hell" of some sort has that. Trust me, it shows the most when you go into a discussion about said religion.

also you should get 1 just to piss your sister off.... it's why your a brother. to torment her. be the devil that she fears so much.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
also you should get 1 just to piss your sister off.... it's why your a brother. to torment her. be the devil that she fears so much.

yup, glad I'm not your brother.

@2DB: you say you want one just because you're curious that it pisses people off, and you don't want to piss people off. k

Also, don't want to scare off those cougars.
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
All people with religion that makes them believe in some fairy tail sugar coated wonderland and a highly overrated "hell" of some sort has that. Trust me, it shows the most when you go into a discussion about said religion.

The thing is, i don't want to anger her. I love my sibling in the same way that i love the rest of my family. Despite that she is arrogant, despite the fact that she has admitted that she is willfully ignorant of logic, i still care about her a great deal. Just because of this one thing being different, i will not allow myself to look down on her.

I used to be a terror around her when i was little, and i still am in a way, but now i only get to see her a couple of times a year. The fact that she works so hard for what she enjoys more than makes up for it.

The reason i'm telling you this is because i don't want to piss my sister off. I am not interested in getting this board to be an asshole.
Quote by TheSennaj
Fun fact: the Ouija board is patented by Hasbro.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by whywefight
fun fact: that's been mentioned ITT.

Fun fact: idgaf, me saying it supersedes any other instances of it being said.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by jugglingfreak
You can buy it at Toys R Us.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266493&prodFindSrc=search

That one glows in the dark to make it easier for demons to find their way into your soul..

Glorious.
Quote by TheSennaj
ok.

So, it's a ouija board, but it's on a flag, so it's not a ouija board, or what.....

Anywho, I don't see what the big deal is, I mean do the ouija board thing, if ghosts and shit come powerslamming your picture frames to the ground and making your utensils float then tell them you're sorry and pack your shit. I mean, worst case just say you're sorry, I really don't get what the big deal is.
I don't understand why TS has to clarify his beleifs so often in this thread. Face it, you're "that edgy guy".
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Or you could just say 'atheist'

But i'm not.
Quote by TheSennaj
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
But i'm not.

Pantheism is really atheism for people who want to look smarter than your average atheist though.
TS doesn't really care about the board, t00deep you seem to be using this hypothetical as an excuse to explore the real issue here which seems to do with your family relationships and religion.

That's fine, but realise that and work on that instead of silly shit like this.

Personally I don't think you should compromise yourself one way or the other. Buying a board because you're genuinely interested is fine, do it. Buying it to spite your sister is infantile, don't do it. Stopping yourself buying it because you fear your sister can't/won't accept it is wrong (imo) as well.

That's a rather longwinded way of saying do what you want, but make sure it's for the right reasons, and not out of adolescent spite.
Quote by 5thCircuitRider
Pantheism is really atheism for people who want to look smarter than your average atheist though.

Depends.
Quote by TooktheAtrain
TS doesn't really care about the board, t00deep you seem to be using this hypothetical as an excuse to explore the real issue here which seems to do with your family relationships and religion.

How many times do i have to say this? I am not doing this to piss my family off.
READ. MY. FUCKING. POSTS.
Quote by 5thCircuitRider
It's quite clear that is the case here.

It really isn't. Pantheists believe that God is the material universe itself, when atheism doesn't believe in a God of any form at all.

I don't see what this has to do with the actual topic at hand though.
Quote by TheSennaj