Madzää
Failing at n00b language
1,550 IQ
Posting something other than Jazz this time, this little album runs at roughly 7 minutes, and still contains 8 songs, so it is probably shorter than some single songs that are posted here. This album was a spontaneious decision, and written in less than 12 hours. However, it does also contain more melodic parts, as opposed to just full-on power hardcore punk bursts.

This song is not intended to be listened with RSE on.
Attachments:
album7.zip
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
EpiExplorer
orsonfacenospace
5,421 IQ
Now THIS is what I expected to hear when people kept refering 'progressive hardcore bands' towards me, but untill now have been dissapointed by said bands. This is pretty damn good dude.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Tarbosh
accly was dolan
1,433 IQ
Pulling this up I did not expect any sort of complexity at all, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this. It's definitely hardcore punk but it has very definite progressive/jazz influences. I'm on track 3 right now and I can say it was most evident in the first track, which has some very interesting chord movement and modulations going on. Definitely unconventional for a punkish sound, and it makes it sound fresh.

Track 5 is really cool as well, as short as it is. Honestly, I'm not even sure this could be called an album as much as it is a hardcore punk montage of songs. It kind of sounds like a medley.

Ah yes, track 8 is interesting as well. I can see how you took elements from many of the preceding songs and worked them into a final offering.

I think what stood out to me the most outside of the unconventional syncopation and almost progressive tendencies was the drum work. It was very busy, in a good way, definitely not the simplistic mid-tempo blast beat so common in the hardcore punk scene. All in all quite an enjoyable listen, well-written and well-executed.

C4C on Of All Losses in my sig?
Ometh
UG Addict
3,911 IQ
Holy mother of shit I forgot how good this is. Madzää seriously get this recorded so I can listen to it all the time.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Zaqq
1,014 IQ
Bars 292-341 remind me of The Fall of Troy. I like the complexity, but some parts are too chaotic for my liking.