Epicbizzjizz
UG's Dr. Cox
229 IQ
So, I always had been pretty proud of my teeth (I always kept them clean, and they were always straight, my ortho said I shouldn't ever need braces). Except I went in last week when I noticed one tooth starting to get forced out of place really bad.

So now it looks like I'll end up getting braces after all, except it kinda bothers me, cuz I'll be wearing them into my senior year of High School.

So I thought I'd check with what the Pit thought about them, if it's that big of a deal or not. I know I'll appreciate it when it's done, I just wish I could have had it done a little earlier than this, lol.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
jthm_guitarist
"funny" but "unmemorable"
1,474 IQ
Good luck paying for braces while you're still in high school

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
InstantMustache
Is probably genitals
61 IQ
Braces are awful, but worth it when you get them off. Follow your orthodontist's instructions religiously and you'll get them off a lot sooner than if you slack off. I had them on for two years, just got them off about a week ago. It's a great feeling to have them off
Quote by stealstrings

C:
Epicbizzjizz
UG's Dr. Cox
229 IQ
Quote by InstantMustache
Braces are awful, but worth it when you get them off. Follow your orthodontist's instructions religiously and you'll get them off a lot sooner than if you slack off. I had them on for two years, just got them off about a week ago. It's a great feeling to have them off

Believe me, I'll have him on speed dial for any ways I could possibly speed the process up.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
they suck. i wasn't able to eat any hard foods for like a week because my teeth hurt pretty badly after i got them put on. after that it didn't hurt besides when they changed out and adjusted the rubber bands.

they're really inconvenient, food gets stuck in them pretty easily and if you accidentally (or probably worse, intentionally) get hit in the mouth the insides of your lips will get scraped to shit and possibly bleed. it always looked like i was puckering my lips when i had them on too.
supersac
Tab Contributor
630 IQ
also adter you braces are removed follow the guys intrustioncs as well my brothers teeth went croooked becasue he didnt wear the retainer he was supposed ot wear afterwards
jambi_mantra
Is actually English
740 IQ
Lol brace face
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Just get the invisible ones.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
Joshua Garcia
Joshole
5,712 IQ
Never had them. I recently got a deep cleaning though. Need to go again on the 1st. Those are kind of uncomfortable. Thankfully, no cavities, and only a deep cleaning on 2/4 quadrants.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Have anybody went on high lately?
v Smash dat mf
PoisonousNipple
Banned
42 IQ
It's only what? A year of your entire life? My teeth are fecked and I wish I could have had braces at some stage.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple
It's only what? A year of your entire life? My teeth are fecked and I wish I could have had braces at some stage.

It's never too late, y'know.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
suckersdream
105 IQ
I had them for a year. Honestly, worst part was getting spacers - bits of rubber between your back teeth that expand to make room for the ring that goes around them. Holy **** that hurt. But the actual braces, not so bad.
mystical_1
Doomed
336 IQ
Be careful, they tell everyone that they need braces and are getting rich off of people that probably don't even need them.

I stopped getting novacaine at the dentists because one day I realized she was drilling into the root, probably so i'd have to pay for a root canal eventually.

Without novacaine, now I feel when she gets close to the root and tell her. I don't trust anyone, but most of all dentists and auto mechanics.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Avedas
yoloswag420
673 IQ
I had braces when I was 14. I had them for about 6 months longer than was needed because the orthodontist was trying to correct a gap that in the end never closed. Sad. I didn't really find them annoying, though. Could eat whatever I wanted to as long as I kept them clean and was careful about biting hard things.
Quote by PoisonousNipple
I don't have two thousand dollars to throw around.

Only $2000 for braces?
guitarxo
cat
1,647 IQ
invisaligns

I've never had them because my teeth are perfectly straight. unfortunately, my canines look like fangs but my dentist won't fix them because she says she wishes she had my teeth
cat
Telecaster7
Call me Leon
1,439 IQ
I had braces and I had this bad boy:

It's deigned to widen the gaps between your teeth to make room for them to be aligned by braces. I had pistons in my damn mouth, as well as a large metal crank you can just about see on the roof of the mouth.
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover
192 IQ
Quote by Telecaster7

It's deigned to widen the gaps between your teeth to make room for them to be aligned by braces. I had pistons in my damn mouth, as well as a large metal crank you can just about see on the roof of the mouth.

I had something like this, except instead of pushing my teeth around, it pushed my lower jaw forwards. Basically, I wouldn't of had a chin if not for that thing, even though wearing it was hell.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
due 07
haaan
2,902 IQ
i got them and didn't wear my retainers post-facto so i just wasted lots of my parents' money.

i wish i hadn't because it makes me feel guilty and also it'd be cool to have straight teeth i guess. tbh i find crooked lower teeth attractive, but crooked upper teeth i could take or leave. ¯\_(ツ_/¯
noisewall11
342 IQ
Quote by Telecaster7

I want that. Not the actual metal in my mouth, but the plastic model with it in there.

Stugg334
Bristolian
368 IQ
My teeth aren't straight, but they're not wonky enough for me to get free braces on the NHS, so I guess I'm stuck like that. I'd rather spend 18 months with them on and have a good smile for the rest of my life, but I can't expect the parents to shell out for something that I apparently don't need.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
BoyLilikoi
934 IQ
I had them in junior high and maybe a little ways into high school. Once I got them off my teeth were perfect, and I seldomly wore my retainers. Well 10 years later my lower teeth have overcrowded and aren't perfectly straight anymore. The top teeth are still fine though.

Pisses me off like hell and I wish I could go back and make myself wear my retainers.
Eastwinn
through being cool
3,131 IQ
Quote by due 07
tbh i find crooked lower teeth attractive, but crooked upper teeth i could take or leave. ¯\_(ツ_/¯

crooked bottom teeth are nothing compared to crooked upper teeth. or a gap.
donender
Get back to work
2,047 IQ
Quote by whywefight
they suck dick.

I don't think that happened when i had braces.

Seriously though, braces are horrible. As soon as you get used to them, the dentist goes and tightens them.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
Quote by donender
Seriously though, braces are horrible. As soon as you get used to them, the dentist goes and tightens them.

That and having your family drag you out to dinner a day or two after you got them tightened is the worst.

I remember, there were several times that everyone was eating steak, and I'm sitting there without eating and barely talking.
Gaiad
UG Newbie
189 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple
I don't have two thousand dollars to throw around.

This.

My teeth are beyond fucked, but the four thousand dollars it'd take to do anything about it is dream money.
Check out my lyrics! (C4C)

Critical Condition
Tombstone

Quote by SteveHouse
That's actually the point of this. Tell your inner editor to shut the fock up and just write.
SMH07
Chat shít get banged
126 IQ
Had them when I was in year 7 or 8 or something, so I was only like 12. Pain in the arse for the year or 2 I had them in, but it was definitely worth it in the end. A friend of mine has only just got a brace and he's 22.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
BreatheOver
Pre-pro
136 IQ
They do suck. I had them my sophomore year of high school. Once I got them off my teeth were perfect, but then what they never told me is that after I spent a year with them on - I had to spend a year putting in a retainer. So I only kept the retainer in for a couple months.

Now 6 years later, my teeth are semi-crooked instead of just crooked.
Dregen
-
2,365 IQ
i never wore my retainers... it's been about 3 to 4 years and my teeth are still fine. but my wisdom teeth are like halfway in now and i'm hoping they don't get crooked because i don't have the retainers anymore hah. if they do it doesn't really matter, when i smile my teeth don't really show anyway. my mother might potentially kill me though.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Quote by Gaiad
This.

My teeth are beyond fucked, but the four thousand dollars it'd take to do anything about it is dream money.

$4000 for corrective measures on your teeth? That's absurd.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.