Page 1 of 2
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ
All through out history music has reflected then current views and opinions shared among different groups of people. Artist would poor a cocktail of emotions into the music which represented what how they felt towards what was happening nation wide or even globally, and when you listen to it you can feel it to this day.

A lot of people I encounter on a day to day basis seem to be convinced that real music is dead, and when they think of radio they think of a harbor of pathetic anthems that is completely meaningless. Well I have never been into listening to the radio so I can't say so myself, I know for a fact that realness in music still exists

Which artists of today do you think will still be relevant in the next 50 to 60 years?

Do you listen to any modern bands or artists that reflect how you currently feel about the global political/economical situation or how you feel about your country or others politically?

The only examples I could think of are from Hip Hop, I would love to hear what you guys can come up with.

Thievery Corporation With Mr Lif

Thievery Corp has some pretty groovy songs and in this song they are collaborating with rapper Mr. Lif, who has some awesome messages in his songs.

This song is called moment of truth by gangstarr

Now assuming some of you don't respect rappers, know this: there is a difference between "rap music" and "hip hop" rap is the music that is all about pussy money weed. Hip hop is about real life and applies to everybody not just in the hood.

Moment of Truth by Gang Starr was the first true hip hop song I heard.

I know there are other genres that have the same sort of modern messages in them and this thread is for sharing that sort of music, no matter what genre as long as it has the same realness to it.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,164 IQ
"**** you I won't do what you tell me."

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
Man, are there any bands from now that'll be relevant sixty years from now? Even the 90's aren't very relevant anymore.
ErikLensherr
MGTOW
1,630 IQ
Actually "rap" is just a vocal style and "hip hop" is the genre and related subculture.
Quote by EpiExplorer
I swear this guy in particular writes for the telegraph or some shit.

Quote by Rossenrot
I was in NYC for all of about 5 minutes until I was called a cracker and called out to fight someone.
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ
Immortal Technique is bringing the heat so hard its almost chilling to listen to, I definitely consider him one of the modern artists putting out real music.
PoisonousNipple
Banned
42 IQ
Isn't it about time white middle to high class kids got off the hip-hop band wagon yet? The amount of times I've seen kids on sites like this try to school fellow posters about the credibility of hip-hop artists compared to rap artists (yes, you said that) is sickening. It's about time to realize you are not the authority and cannot dictate someone elses (in this case a high misunderstood and somewhat opressed group of people with not much else to get by with) culture. It's all but ruined through this line of thinking by outsiders. Worst yet, these same people don't even really support hip-hop, they are told what is "real hip-hop" (90s) and don't support NEW "real artists" unless they are white or they know them (nobody internet rappers). They all love Sage Francis which is bizarre but then again he is the white outcast they identify with in this case. It's ok, I know what you're going to say so don't bother typing how someone elses culture is for everybody, just buy the cds and accept what it is.

Mr Lif wont be remembered in 50 years time and Gangstarr arn't so modern.

Last edited by PoisonousNipple at Jan 22, 2013,
Acϵ♠
UG Board King
2,050 IQ
Muse definitely hasn't been doing anything related to politics lately
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
292 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple
Isn't it about time white middle to high class kids got off the hip-hop band wagon yet? The amount of times I've seen kids on sites like this try to school fellow posters about the credibility of hip-hop artists compared to rap artists (yes, you said that) is sickening. It's about time to realize you are not the authority and cannot dictate someone elses (in this case a high misunderstood and somewhat opressed group of people with not much else to get by with) culture. It's all but ruined through this line of thinking by outsiders. Worst yet, these same people don't even really support hip-hop, they are told what is "real hip-hop" (90s) and don't support NEW "real artists" unless they are white or they know them (nobody internet rappers). They all love Sage Francis which is bizarre but then again he is the white outcast they identify with in this case. It's ok, I know what you're going to say so don't bother typing how someone elses culture is for everybody, just buy the cds and accept what it is.

You can still like the music despite not being part of the "movement". Why should rap/hip hop be considered a political movement so much more than any other genre and how do you know these people declare they are part of that "movement"? What happened to liking music because you like it and find it close to your taste and appreciation?

Someone else's culture? Is music always about the culture and the way of life? That's a very soddy way of seeing it then.

Your posts are always retarded. Stop posting.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
manualex
180 IQ
Quote by Acϵ♠
Muse definitely hasn't been doing anything related to politics lately

The time it has come to destrooooooooy Your SUuuUUupremacYYY
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Quote by luvs2gro

Now assuming some of you don't respect rappers, know this: there is a difference between "rap music" and "hip hop" rap is the music that is all about pussy money weed. Hip hop is about real life and applies to everybody not just in the hood.

This is just full of fail.

>Tries to defend rap
>Has no idea what he's defending

I like how he implies that what goes on in the hood isn't real life. Prat.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple

Sorry if I offended you, you believe what you want and I will believe what I want.

I support the artists I listen to. Go to Band Camp and listen to Artists like Sabzi, Jiu Soul or even ESTA. I support all of these producers and I produce Hip Hop beats myself. Sabzi is quite popular as an established producer as well. If I do listen to Hip Hop it's usually producers like J Dilla and Madlib not rappers.

Mr. Lif rapping about occupy wall street is not directed at any particular race of people occupy wall street had many different races participating.

And so you know I don't even really listen to Hip Hop nearly as much as any other Genre, I was just saying out of all the Genres I know Hip Hop has the realest as it is much more lyrical than the other Genres I listen to are. The majority if the time I listen to jam bands like Phish, Umphrey's Mcgee, etc.

Again sorry if I offended you I just thought this would be an interesting thread.
Last edited by luvs2gro at Jan 22, 2013,
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple

What are you even talking about?

You know nothing of hip hop.

I'm going to go back to my Schoolboy Q and you can go back to... whatever it is you're listening to.

don't get me started on hip hop and rap, son. I'll Andre 3000 you into the ground.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ
Quote by rockingamer2
This is just full of fail.

>Tries to defend rap
>Has no idea what he's defending

I like how he implies that what goes on in the hood isn't real life. Prat.

5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman
58 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple

Are you drunk?
PoisonousNipple
Banned
42 IQ
I didn't read any responses to my replys because if you argued my points, you are guilty as charged in everything I wrote and you should feel bad for contributing to the destruction of the "real hip-hop" you claim to be so close to. Making beats dosn't make you part of the culture you steam roll through like a parasite with no remorse while supporting shitty internet artists and abandoning the starving artist on the street. Go and paint a wall in Spanish Harlem, I'm sure Seen would agree you're so hip-hop

EDIT: On topic, just about anything Euphrates/Narcicyst has made
Last edited by PoisonousNipple at Jan 22, 2013,
stratman_13
666lb bongsession
2,002 IQ
The fact that you even made half of those points proves that you don't know anything about it.

Enjoy your Carter IV.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Last edited by rockingamer2 at Jan 22, 2013,
luvs2gro
Ug's Zorak
127 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple
I didn't read any responses to my replys because if you argued my points, you are guilty as charged in everything I wrote and you should feel bad for contributing to the destruction of the "real hip-hop" you claim to be so close to. Making beats dosn't make you part of the culture you steam roll through like a parasite with no remorse while supporting shitty internet artists and abandoning the starving artist on the street. Go and paint a wall in Spanish Harlem, I'm sure Seen would agree you're so hip-hop

I never claimed to be part of the hip hop culture, I make beats for the love not because I want to be accepted into the "hip hop culture"

It seems like you are mistaking me for some one I'm not, and you judged me off my post, seeing that I posted two songs that, indeed have a real message behind them which is the topic of the thread, and the songs happened to be hip hop you assumed I was like a particular type of person you know and appear to loath.

did't mean to offend you, but I don't want to argue with you about this any more
psyks
Pretty thief
725 IQ
Propagandhi - Bullshit Politicians
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMg07RfMx_8
Every fucking day our cities tell us what they think of justice. They lock the courageous away as the cowards plaster the cracks spreading through the monolith. But if this man isn't freed, this city burns. On this Day of Remembrance let us not kneel and pray for the dead. Let us stand and activate for the living, to rescue those about to die at the hands of bullshit politicians; bloated pin-dick mother****ers who bow and curtsy to the seats of power. We'll never learn and nothing will ever change as long as we stay this course of followers and slaves. I can't believe we're still content reshuffling the same old decks of kings and queens and faux-democracies. I say we hand it back to the bullshit politicians. Brick by brick, wall by wall…
Each of us a failed state in stark relief
Against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.

My Soundcloud
My music, paino, guitar and otherwise - Updated SOMETIMES

DeviantArt
Please watch, fave and comment
Last edited by psyks at Jan 22, 2013,
smartalecG94
Just my Bronze showing
183 IQ
Quote by PoisonousNipple

Dude, pull the stick out of your anus and chill. Just because someone argues your points doesn't mean their points are invalid. Saying "making beats doesnt make you a part of that culture" is like saying that deadmau5 isn't part of the electronica culture or Rammstein isn't part of the industrial culture. It's a load of BS. Also, people on the internet aren't all terrible and supporting them isn't any worse than supporting the "starving artist on the street". You need to chill and take a shower; you reek of trollstench.

EDIT: luv2gro, you should check out @TonyRose on tumblr. He's a friend of mine who makes some pretty sick beats himself.
Quote by captainsnazz
That's some nice hair you've got there.

I'm watching you.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke
If I was a rich man in 17th century Britain, I'd totally adopt Alec and make him my heir.

People say I tan easily, but that's just my Bronze showing through.
Last edited by smartalecG94 at Jan 22, 2013,
ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Doesnt listen to zeppelin
497 IQ
Quote by luvs2gro
Immortal Technique is bringing the heat so hard its almost chilling to listen to, I definitely consider him one of the modern artists putting out real music.

He brings the heat with his lyrics and his message. But his style is so unoriginal and boring I've found I can't listen to much of his catalogue.
Nikolas