Well to start with, one is an OM and has a smaller body than the other which is a dreadnought. Additionally, the dred model has a cutaway which may or may not appeal to you.

Are you stuck on Taks? There are a lot of good gutiars out there
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Not sure if that's a great reason. What if there was a better guitar out there? ESPECIALLY since you haven't played them and I have.

But for a useful post, if you're dead set on a tak, you have to decide whether you want a smaller body or a larger one.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Not sure if that's a great reason. What if there was a better guitar out there? ESPECIALLY since you haven't played them and I have.

But for a useful post, if you're dead set on a tak, you have to decide whether you want a smaller body or a larger one.

Could i get better for 300 pounds?
Oh shoot, I didn't know you were UK. Tbh I don't know prices there as well as I do in the USA so I could be completely wrong.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
if you're looking for a bigger, deeper sound, i'd definitely go for the dread. i'm not a huge fan of taks, but overall they tend to be well-built and nice guitars.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I tried G501. It's a great sounding guitar. If You can get it - You should. It's pretty rare model...even if it's a G-Series. Pick one with a full body without cutaway. You'll be suprised how rich is the tone of full body dread!
I recently picked up a eg340c. The sc model seems a tad bit more expensive but the specs seem about the same, I'm assuming the quality and hardware are probably a bit better. In any case my eg340c is an excellent guitar for the money.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Jan 28, 2013,
Quote by whyze250f
I recently picked up a eg340c. The sc model seems a tad bit more expensive but the specs seem about the same, I'm assuming the quality and hardware are probably a bit better. In any case my eg340c is an excellent guitar for the money.

The SC is a solid top version while the C is a laminate. Solid tops are generally better sounding but quality wood costs money hence the higher price.
Well, it looks like the second has a cut-away, and first does not; so, it depends on what music you play, and if you play on stage often or just pick up a guitar and play.