I'm trying to build my own tap tempo for my DD-6 but after reading a bit online it seems like this isn't possible because there's no actual jack on the unit. I know that Aaron Barrett uses a DD-6 and an FS-5L together but I have no idea how he does it. My guess is that he plugged the FS-5L into input A and then went from Input B to Output B on his signal chain. Does anyone know if this is actually possible and how one would go about doing this?
Last edited by Wrst_Plyr_Evr at Jan 22, 2013,
Are you sure you mean the FS-5L? And are you sure it's a DD-6? It would make a lot more sense to me if it was a FS-5U, and a DD-7 or DD-5 (and they would look identical). According to Wikipedia he does have a DD-6, but it doesn't give any sources.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Are you sure you mean the FS-5L? And are you sure it's a DD-6? It would make a lot more sense to me if it was a FS-5U, and a DD-7 or DD-5 (and they would look identical). According to Wikipedia he does have a DD-6, but it doesn't give any sources.

Let me snag a screenshot of his pedalboard from Instagram and I'll upload it right quick.
Only the DD5 and DD7 accept external tap tempo switches.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
From that picture, I can't really tell what Boss Delay it is (they all look the same), and it doesn't look like the FS-5L is connected to anything. Perhaps he uses that as a channel switcher for his amp? Anyways, the (sad) long story short is that you won't get a external tap tempo without doing some mods, and at that point you'd be better off just selling it and getting a DD-5 or DD-7.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
From that picture, I can't really tell what Boss Delay it is (they all look the same), and it doesn't look like the FS-5L is connected to anything. Perhaps he uses that as a channel switcher for his amp? Anyways, the (sad) long story short is that you won't get a external tap tempo without doing some mods, and at that point you'd be better off just selling it and getting a DD-5 or DD-7.

Plausible, but then I see no need for the Super Distortion. Regardless, that's what I was afraid of. I might just go without or I'll try to sell it. Bummer.
There is no possible mod you can do to add external tap tempo control to a DD-6.

I did look at that picture really hard and it does appear to be a DD-6, but you can also see that nothing is plugged in besides the input and the output. Also, the FS-5L is latching and couldn't be used to tap tempo anyway, it is most likely used to change channels on something (as mentioned above).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
Plausible, but then I see no need for the Super Distortion. Regardless, that's what I was afraid of. I might just go without or I'll try to sell it. Bummer.

Lots of guys use overdrive/distortion pedals pedals along with their amp's. I have a three channel amp, and I usually have 2-3 overdrives and a distortion on my board