Can someone give me some tips for running sound? Eqing, what effects to put (reverb compression etc) volumes for everything, micing everything, stage volume anything i could need to know ??? Thank you!
Last edited by hahaha15 at Jan 23, 2013,
Bass - 11, **** everything else they dont matter.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Make sure the kick drum is all the way up. Snare too. And bass. Everything else doesn't matter.

Put a ton of reverb and delay on the vocals and the guitar(s?). It'll make it sound nice and thick.
Quote by anvil is god
suck knob

ha
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
i thot this thread would be about last minute assignments and planned to come in here with tales of my many exploits

what the hell man
..::fat
lard::..
Make sure to earth the snare correctly, no end of drummers get electrocuted from improperly earthed snares.
Last edited by Malchius at Jan 24, 2013,
Plug all the electrical equipment, lights, amps, PA system into one outlet, try to use a discount power bar (the one's without any kind of certification on them), they can handle more juice. Make sure that all master knobs are turned completely up otherwise you will get really bad tone. Drums are loud enough, whoever is telling you to mic them is an idiot. Treble is the least important, make sure you set them all to 0.
It's also best to have a few drinks before you hook all this up.
This isn't really something you should learn last minute and I would not trust a soundman that learned these things at the last minute. I mean, you wouldn't get an operation from a doctor that just learned the procedure at the last minute or throw a pass to a tight end that needed to have the play explained to him during the huddle, would you? I know I sure wouldn't.
*your ad here*
You can't learn all of that last minute.

Best advice: USE YOUR EARS. Play with it until it sounds okay for you.

Also, get as much mic gain as you can WITHOUT it going into the red. (ignore people who tell you red is good. Its red for a reason!)

And finally, don't point mics towards speakers. In fact, try and point them the opposite direction to the PA or monitors when you can.

That's all you're getting, and tbf I think I've been generous!
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I feel like the only answer to your question is do what sounds good. Because seriously, that is so vague. Might as well ask "Any tips on playing music?".

Yeah make sure you press play on the music player and then turn it up.
I don't know if we should tell you, I mean we paid a lot of money for that info, what are you going to offer us in return?
She was born in 1898 in a barn. She died on the thirty-seventh floor of a skyscraper. She's an astronaut.

Quote by matt bickerton
Doesn't at all surprise me why so many people here tend to think you're a douche