hahaha15
2,052 IQ
Can someone give me some tips for running sound? Eqing, what effects to put (reverb compression etc) volumes for everything, micing everything, stage volume anything i could need to know ??? Thank you!
Last edited by hahaha15 at Jan 23, 2013,
whywefight
~I'm not fuckin around~
1,725 IQ
If the volume thing is in the red, you're doing it right.
Bob_Sacamano
UG Board King
238 IQ
Bass - 11, **** everything else they dont matter.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection
3,247 IQ
Make sure the kick drum is all the way up. Snare too. And bass. Everything else doesn't matter.

Put a ton of reverb and delay on the vocals and the guitar(s?). It'll make it sound nice and thick.
Cazman
1,309 IQ
Coat your strings with honey for a juicier sound (protip).
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
Quote by anvil is god
suck knob

ha
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
MinterMan22
only smells
763 IQ
i thot this thread would be about last minute assignments and planned to come in here with tales of my many exploits

what the hell man
..::fat
lard::..
Malchius
113 IQ
Make sure to earth the snare correctly, no end of drummers get electrocuted from improperly earthed snares.
Last edited by Malchius at Jan 24, 2013,
badfish_lewis
Tab Contributor
1,930 IQ
Plug all the electrical equipment, lights, amps, PA system into one outlet, try to use a discount power bar (the one's without any kind of certification on them), they can handle more juice. Make sure that all master knobs are turned completely up otherwise you will get really bad tone. Drums are loud enough, whoever is telling you to mic them is an idiot. Treble is the least important, make sure you set them all to 0.
It's also best to have a few drinks before you hook all this up.
theogonia777
Miss Kristen
2,141 IQ
This isn't really something you should learn last minute and I would not trust a soundman that learned these things at the last minute. I mean, you wouldn't get an operation from a doctor that just learned the procedure at the last minute or throw a pass to a tight end that needed to have the play explained to him during the huddle, would you? I know I sure wouldn't.
Quote by Hal-Sephira
Shut the mother#%$& up, $^%got. You have a #$%^ing terrible muther&@$#ing taste in %#$@ing music, @&%$ing movies and %&$#ing video games. Every time I see you on the forums, you are always saying something overrated and some $@&#ing sh*t. You are just mother$^@%ing ignorant as a whole.

Get a #%$@ing life or you will get banned for life.

Quote by Arby911
Kristen is very open-minded; believes that everyone is entitled to her opinion...

Quote by NirvanaLuvr16
omg its better than i imagined... so dark and cozy and warm...

Read this please. This as well.
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
5,710 IQ
How about you, uh, just tell them that you have ZERO idea what you're doing?
tim_mop
1,688 IQ
You can't learn all of that last minute.

Best advice: USE YOUR EARS. Play with it until it sounds okay for you.

Also, get as much mic gain as you can WITHOUT it going into the red. (ignore people who tell you red is good. Its red for a reason!)

And finally, don't point mics towards speakers. In fact, try and point them the opposite direction to the PA or monitors when you can.

That's all you're getting, and tbf I think I've been generous!
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
780 IQ
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I feel like the only answer to your question is do what sounds good. Because seriously, that is so vague. Might as well ask "Any tips on playing music?".

Yeah make sure you press play on the music player and then turn it up.
ali.guitarkid7
Gets Easier
2,302 IQ
I don't know if we should tell you, I mean we paid a lot of money for that info, what are you going to offer us in return?
Quote by Aeolian Harmony
Ali priori / Ali posteriori
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Jesus christ Ali is a nutcase

I actually feel sorry for him, like seriously, get help