yeah, so my geddy lee bass came with these coated black strings that feel really nice and sound really mellow and dark. I really dig em.
but since I bought the bass used and have no string package I have no idea what they are. a friend said they might be Black Diamond.
I thought i'd get y'alls opinion first, maybe you know some better ones?
Sounds like DR Black Beauties to me.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
or possibly- La Bella Deep Talkin' Bass Strings - Black Nylon Tape Wound. These are smooth and very easy on the fingers.
Last edited by proctorfarm at Jan 24, 2013,
Do they still feel like a metal string?
If they don't they are probably black nylon strings (galli, fender, rotosound and la bella are some manufacturers of those)
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
They are most likely DR Black Beauties. This is the most widely available black bass string, and they are indeed good strings. Black Diamonds are rather hard to find; at least they are in L.A. If they feel like rubber or plastic and have now windings on them, then you're talking tape-wound flats. Those would likely be Rotosounds or LaBellas.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91