brenton393
Tab Contributor
1,619 IQ
so ive been playing with 11's on my agile 3100 for awhile and im about to spend about 65 to get it set up( it really needs it) i know 11's are supposed to give you a better tone but is it really that big of a diferance. the main reason im thinking about using 10's is becuase i have tendon problems. would it help?
DeathByDestroyr
EDM
953 IQ
Get .012s. Moar beef!

Less tension is less tension, is that desirable to you andf your tendonitus?
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,447 IQ
i don't think they make much of a difference. it may make a difference, but i think just about everything would make a difference. body/neck woods, pickups, pickup height, different cables, amps, speaker cables, speakers, cab, and pedals out front or in loop, etc.

i would never put something so trivial involving health. its not worth it to risk further damage over a string gauge.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,447 IQ
Quote by DeathByDestroyr

Less tension is less tension, is that desirable to you andf your tendonitus?

bet you are freezing your ass of tonight. i used to live up there and remember standing waiting for the bus as a kid with a -30* windchill.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.
3volved
122 IQ
There's nothing wrong with smaller strings. I have 10's on my PRS and Gibson, but put 9's on my SE One and it's by far easier to play than the other two. There's certainly no harm in trying a different gauge to see if you like it.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major
995 IQ
I've tried playing 11's, I always end up hurting myself because I bend so much. Never really done 9's, but I don't really plan to, I'm just so used to 10's. I don't think theres really much of a sound difference, its more in the feel.
GuitarmanCali
Formerly AXmichigan
72 IQ
12's, with a wound g
Modulus G1T, G2T, G3, G3CT, Graphite
4 Fender MIA Strats
3 custom Warmoth Guitars
Asher Lap Steel
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Taylor 314CE
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
booksofalbion
212 IQ
Maybe you could try a hybrid gauge like Ernie Ball's skinny top heavy bottoms (10-46) or D'Addario's light top/heavy bottom (10-52). That would work for me since I hardly ever bend my E and A strings. If your tendon problems are really serious I'd say go for 9's, most people can't tell anyway.

Edit: Just looked up for your guitar specs, you have a 24.7" scale length so I'd go for 10's, 9's on a scale length below 25 just feel wrong to me.
Last edited by booksofalbion at Jan 24, 2013,
Bsoffski
The Colonel.
178 IQ
Go with the .10s. Versatile and easy to play...don't mind the douches recommending .12+
Sarcasm. Because beating the crap out of people is illegal.
supersac
Tab Contributor
630 IQ
15s mother****er!

no seriously
10s would be fine if you got the itis i personally like heavier strings myself but if i ever had to lower gauge for my health i woudl do it in a heart beat
besides no one but you is going to notice the thinner strings
mikeegx
55 IQ
Quote by booksofalbion
Maybe you could try a hybrid gauge like Ernie Ball's skinny top heavy bottoms (10-46) or D'Addario's light top/heavy bottom (10-52).

Actually, Ernie Ball's Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms are 10-52, just as D'Addario's.
dascamper
49 IQ
Play the goddamn 15s, you ****ing weaklings! You may also try to tune up your guitar.
Powersurge213
224 IQ
Give a Hybrid set a go. I love the things on my electric- makes it much easier for solos, but you can still get some beef
danvwman
91 IQ
10s or 11s, I recently put 12s on a FR guitar and there was not enough pull with 5 springs to make it work and it was too much for the neck. Went back to 10s on that and it plays perfect.

9s are way too small, use those on the kids guitars.

I borrowed a friends BC rich Halloween 2000 dont have any idea what was on it, but they hurt at c#

I will try 12s again just not on FR set up
What the hell!!!
danvwman
91 IQ
And yes this week has been brutal. I live in Minnesota too. My car didn't start Monday after work. First time that's happened in 10 years for me. I forgot when it gets below -5f you neeed to start your car every 4 hours. I let mine sit for 10 hours : / my oil fell out of the pan like a turd. And that was synthetic 5/30.
What the hell!!!